• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

I take back everything I said earlier about snipers, they can burn for all I care. These last few matches have been beyond infuriating, and shotguns don't help either.

Not sure about a website but if you post your vault here we can probably tell you what's good and worth keeping, and what's trash.

Noob alert - what's the link you need? Can you view it based on my character profile or something? That would be appreciated though, I can highlight the main ones in question right now.

aarcane

Widows court and cathedral... this IB sucks

They were my first two matches yesterday. I had to take a break after those.

I'm giving my Warlock a try in Iron Banner for the first time (only started PvP with her during Crimson Doubles) and seem to be doing OK so far. After suffering from enemy Nova Bombs and that damn melee when playing as my Hunter, it feels good to get all that working for me now.

milkham

Noob alert - what's the link you need? Can you view it based on my character profile or something? That would be appreciated though, I can highlight the main ones in question right now.

try this, https://www.reddit.com/r/CruciblePlaybook/wiki/weaponguides
not sure how up to date it is, i've also seen the last week or so several posts on either crucibleplaybook or r/destinythegame with massive breakdown of guns by type and suggested perks

try this, https://www.reddit.com/r/CruciblePlaybook/wiki/weaponguides
not sure how up to date it is, i've also seen the last week or so several posts on either crucibleplaybook or r/destinythegame with massive breakdown of guns by type and suggested perks

Great, thanks. I will have a read. Looks like exactly what I was after. Wonder if it's been updated since the last weapon balancing patch(haven't read too closely yet).

I see the point you're making here. I can't replicate the point I'm trying to prove showing it from my perspective though. I can't show me getting shot 3 times from a Mida and landing a headshot with a sniper with any sort of frequency like I can when it happens to me. It's broken that his aim isn't being thrown off from flinch, or de-scoping, or some sort of mechanic. I mean, if you want me to hardscope a corner like some of these guys in the video and shoot a guy as he comes around I could, but I don't see how it would prove anything.
The problem with the scenario you describe is that you can't say that lag is not to blame. It may look like aim assist to you but from the sniper's point of view maybe you walked around the corner, he sniped you and then he got hit with three MIDA shots (and they all arrived at once). The Destiny server decides who wins a close gunfight.

I don't know if you saw it but during Trials last week, explicit ran around for a minute shrugging off all damage (according to igordennis(?) PoV). The lag in this game can climb into seconds of difference. What you see on your screen has nothing to do with what others see on their's.

That said, a sniper should not be able to aim well when flinch is applied. That mechanic (bullet magnetism?) could be adjusted during sniper ADS.

Trakan

The problem with the scenario you describe is that you can't say that lag is not to blame. It may look like aim assist to you but from the sniper's point of view maybe you walked around the corner, he sniped you and then he got hit with three MIDA shots (and they all arrived at once). The Destiny server decides who wins a close gunfight.

I don't know if you saw it but during Trials last week, explicit ran around for a minute shrugging off all damage (according to igordennis(?) PoV). The lag in this game can climb into seconds of difference. What you see on your screen has nothing to do with what others see on their's.

That said, a sniper should not be able to aim well when flinch is applied. That mechanic (bullet magnetism?) could be adjusted during sniper ADS.

I agree with you to a degree. I'm sure connections are partly to blame. I think it mainly has to do with the 2.0 update from last September and all the range changes. I was someone who played PVP A LOT and immediately noticed a change.

I wish Bungie would stop listening to their data and to the people who have put thousands of hours into their game. Make matchmaking purely connection based and fix whatever changes they made in that update.

deviant1

Damnit, just did Warpriest CM 3x and when switching characters I didn't go back to orbit so I lost some of my loots from my first 2 characters :( Time to clean out the shit in my vault and offload some stuff off my characters.

Damnit, just did Warpriest CM 3x and when switching characters I didn't go back to orbit so I lost some of my loots from my first 2 characters :( Time to clean out the shit in my vault and offload some stuff off my characters.

I hope they seriously consider vault space additions for the next content. I know most of this stuff will become useless anyways but I have absolutely no room for anything.

deviant1

I hope they seriously consider vault space additions for the next content. I know most of this stuff will become useless anyways but I have absolutely no room for anything.

Agreed. My weapons vault was full and I thankfully had 1 open spot on 1 character to move stuff to so I could move weapons to my characters using DIM. Going through and sharding a bunch of crap I will never use now. Oh well, I only lost a Harrowed Sniper and RL both of which would be infusion fodder anyway.

Protip: Always go to orbit.

Yep, I would have rage quit after some shit like that especially if they were 1 win away from flawless.

It really was. A perfect example of how fucked up lag can be.

Imagine the salt!

Hahahahaha this still cracks me up because I was on Point C the entire time trying to figure out wtf was going on. But I wish Biggy recorded the weird stuff that happened at that exact time with his match, as well because I think it was all of Destiny.

WipedOut

Not sure why people are complaining about clash, just had a great Trucker Law IB train. Good times. Didn't win every game but it was fun. Got low LL scout gloves for my hunter. Between Titan and hunter I've had 3 arm drops so far, none were the exclusives. Got Auto Rifle arms for my Titan at least.

WeTeHa

I sent the people not on my friends list a friend request. I'll start up a party in a few if everyone is still on for this.

Thanks for the runs! 3 times CM this week got me 3 320 snipers and 1 320 machine gun. I have no idea what specials I should infuse to 320 next :O
Already have my main specials at 320...

WeTeHa

That's me + you, I'll wait 10 minutes to see if we can get 4 more

If you can't find anyone today, I can run tomorrow.

Not sure why people are complaining about clash, just had a great Trucker Law IB train. Good times. Didn't win every game but it was fun. Got low LL scout gloves for my hunter. Between Titan and hunter I've had 3 arm drops so far, none were the exclusives. Got Auto Rifle arms for my Titan at least.

I'm mostly complaining because I suck at it :p

Hahahahaha this still cracks me up because I was on Point C the entire time trying to figure out wtf was going on. But I wish Biggy recorded the weird stuff that happened at that exact time with his match, as well because I think it was all of Destiny.
It would quite amusing to superimpose your version. I imagine the movement we saw is 1:1 with what you were doing.

NeOak

Top Bottom