• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

shermas

Anyways Destiny really needs to adopt the D-pad stuff from the Division. Radial menus for emotes and consumables are so helpful.

Playing the Division just made me want to fall in love with Destiny again.

I thought the Beta was tedious, I didn't like the PvPvE part of the Dark Zone (I'd rather team up and fight for loot - not interested in watching my back and I don't have a clan/team that I play with).

LifEndz

Nightfall is so broken right now... I know I'm beating a dead horse, but........

I ran it last night, before the reset, and one dude in my LFG team got ONE STRANGE COIN. I got a blue engram. I think the 3rd guy got a horn and an engram.

Amazing how much it's changed since Year 1. No more waking up on Tuesday and anxiously running it on all 3 toons as quickly as possible. I don't even run it most weeks anymore. Sad.

The xp boost was my main reason for running it, although the extra patience and time or gjallerhorn didn't hurt. I just did it tonight and got a 304 shotgun. No, not much of an incentive to do it on my other chars. They should do something about the light level of the drops you get, but we all know that isnt happening.

maomaoIYP

Nightfalls would be worthwhile if the rep boost was still there. That might have made it an event that you really wanted to do on Tuesday but at least you wanted to do it. I've done probably 4 nightfalls since TTK came out because of how useless they have become.
Yup. The only NFs I bother doing now are the crucible weeklies. Not because the loot is wonderful, but because I still find some fun in crucible.
As long as I don't let myself get worked up by all the issues with it.

Playing the Division just made me want to fall in love with Destiny again.

I thought the Beta was tedious, I didn't like the PvPvE part of the Dark Zone (I'd rather team up and fight for loot - not interested in watching my back and I don't have a clan/team that I play with).

Yeah I'm still undecided. I don't think the beta gave a good impression as to what the final product will be. It definitely seems like a game that you would need to play with friends though. I've thought about picking up Just Cause 3 as well, but with my current backlog I think I'll wait until it either goes on sale for a great price or until the performance is improved on PS4.

CLBridges

I've been playing Destiny since release and...has it always taken this long to max out a subclass? Been playing with my Titan a while and only have Striker about half way, getting to the point I don't even wanna try to max Defender and Sunbreaker, seems so slow. Twilight Garrision is fun though.

23qwerty

So that cheaters couldn't team up to decimate the other players.
You can still party up for classic rumble though, because no one gives a fuck about classic rumble.
that's gotta be such a rare case though, it's so much fun playing rumble against friends

Spoilers for Witcher 3 story ahead:
Ciri became the empress and I romanced Yenn.

Overall, it was a fantastic game and I'm glad I played it. I might snag the DLC next.

As for Destiny, I guess I be around for Trials this week. I'm done with NFs and Shaxx bounties until the forseable future.

Spoilers for Witcher 3 story ahead:
Ciri became the empress and I romanced Yenn.

Overall, it was a fantastic game and I'm glad I played it. I might snag the DLC next.

As for Destiny, I guess I be around for Trials this week. I'm done with NFs and Shaxx bounties until the forseable future.

So will you be up for some......Crimson Doubles.

I've charmed Kor and Deku into doing it with me. (Or I'll Thorn them.) Can I charm you~?

I'm down...but only if you admit Warlocks are the master race AND storm callers are not OP :D

What? No I've always argued that Sunsingers are overpowered. They get a resurrection, you know. And burning grenades. I've gone on a rant before on sunsingers. I'm actually offended that you don't remember.

This Crimson Double initiation is over.

What? No I've always argued that Sunsingers are overpowered. They get a resurrection, you know. And burning grenades. I've gone on a rant before on sunsingers. I'm actually offended that you don't remember.

This Crimson Double initiation is over.

Wait, now you're out?! But...now that I can't have you...you're all I want. BREEZ-EEEEEE!

So, seriously, no level advantages? Ugh Thorn...

LTWood12

A decent roll on a strike exclusive drop, and it even came at 300 out of the box. That's got to be like a .04% probability.
Kappa
GFCzFXf.jpg

SpecX

Finally got my touch of malice. Couldn't get pass that stupid wizard after dying to the bitch 9 time then finally raged killed it and discovered that's all that was needed to complete the mission...

^Look at this newb using Saint-14 as a Sunbreaker.

Edit: It does look pretty freaking sweet when you burst into flames with a mohawk

I reached a point in Destiny before I took an elongated break, where the only thing that mattered was how much Style you can have while playing. I'm going to bring back that style for next week, viability be damned.

Dez_

Lost nearly all the crucible matches I played today, and they were all really one sided. So frustrating. I wish I knew how to play the pvp side of things. The crucible scout rifle seems to be great if you can land your headshots, but its slow rate of fire kills me. Literally.

Number45

I'm getting to the point where I'm running out of heavies to infuse to 320. Nothing heavies. I need specials. Regular drop was 320, challenge drop was also 320.
Same here. Aside from the >310 fusion rifles (which might actually come in useful as I have the warlock quest to get kills with it) every drop I'm getting from the WP is a heavy. I hardly ever change my heavy from the MG (which I already have at 320 for all three characters).

Auctopus

If you want, just join on me. Will run with frailimb (and you).

Edit: still one spot, join me or frailimb. We are almost at the tank/anomaly part

Edit2: at boss now.

Hey, sorry. I went to bed, I'll be up for running it on Thursday if anyone else is.

inthrall

Is there an actual story in The Witness? Is it pretentious?

No
t really, only some meta dialogue once you're on NG+ afaik
, yes.

Game is so good it doesn't need to explain itself to you, I only had to google three puzzles to finish the game. One of those even turned out to be optional, whoops

maomaoIYP

No
t really, only some meta dialogue once you're on NG+ afaik
, yes.

Game is so good it doesn't need to explain itself to you, I only had to google three puzzles to finish the game. One of those even turned out to be optional, whoops
Ah ok thanks. The pretentiousness of Braid's story put me off Jon Blow's work, I would have been perfectly fine with a purely puzzle oriented experience. All the buzz about The Witness has me curious.

Is there an actual story in The Witness? Is it pretentious?

A few vague snippets about the story:

Jonathan Blow said:
When wandering around the island, you may find voice recordings that were placed by … well, at the outset of the game, you don’t know who; and as the game goes along, there is an interesting mystery to unfold about who these people are or were.

When you first encounter [audio logs] you won’t find much in the way of answers, but, if you keep looking, you will eventually be able to piece together what’s going on. [...] Having said all this, I will warn you that the story in The Witness, such as it is, is fairly subtle and happens mostly implicitly. You really have to explore and read between the lines to know what’s going on. So do not expect a traditional game story like The Last of Us or The Order!

Saucy: Witness Dev Blog

You can engage as much or as little as you want with the "story." Personally I really enjoy the audio logs but my wife doesn't even bother with them. Despite that, she's even more into the game than I am because she loves solving the puzzles and exploring the island. If you want a great puzzle game don't let concerns about a pretentious story dissuade you.

(I'm really gonna try to not post exclusively about other games in DGAF. Might be tough.)

inthrall

You can engage as much or as little as you want with the "story." Personally I really enjoy the audio logs but my wife doesn't even bother with them. Despite that, she's even more into the game than I am because she loves solving the puzzles and exploring the island. If you want a great puzzle game don't let concerns about a pretentious story dissuade you.

(I'm really gonna try to not post exclusively about other games in DGAF. Might be tough.)

Hah, speaking of Destiny I might try moving the Playstation back into my study once I finish this non-Destiny game, when does this lovestruck doubles nonsense start?

Hah, speaking of Destiny I might try moving the Playstation back into my study once I finish this non-Destiny game, when does this lovestruck doubles nonsense start?

It starts in 6 days and runs for one week. From the BWU:

The all new Crimson Doubles game mode will be available for a limited time, beginning February 9th, 2016 and ending on February 16th, 2016.

I might play it a little, we'll see. I still don't have a 320 Ghost but really don't care by now. That wouldn't be a reason to grind Crimson, I'd only do it if people around here wanted to team up and if the mode was actually fun.

maomaoIYP

Hmmm that's fair enough I suppose. I do like puzzles, haven't played a good puzzle game in a long time.

Top Bottom