• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

LTWood12

Every week you're in here asking for gun advice. Do you actually use any of these guns? or do you just roll with the same guns you've been using for weeks & months?

I've started using the PDX-45 a lot more since these conversations. I actually try a lot of different weapons just to see how they feel, especially if someone in here is saying a certain roll is really good and I happen to get it.

SgtCobra

Any of these DIS-43s worth picking up?

Suros Dis-43
SLO-12/SPO-26/SPO-57 | Fitted Stock/Feather Mag | Partial Refund | Speed Reload/Hand-laid Stock
SLO-19/SPO-28/SPO-57 | Fitted Stock/Casket Mag | Hidden Hand | Snapshot/Injection Mold
SLO-12/SPO-28/SPO-57 | Perfect Balance/Oiled Frame | Counterbalance | Snapshot/Rifled Barrel
I've picked up the second roll, it's fully upgraded now and it is incredibly dissappointing. It's very inaccurate ton ay the least, the low impact doesn't help either.
I don't think this scout is for me.

I've started using the PDX-45 a lot more since these conversations. I actually try a lot of different weapons just to see how they feel, especially if someone in here is saying a certain roll is really good and I happen to get it.

That Ash Factory tho...

LT has like all the best rolls.

Quality of Life fix needed most:

Armor now takes 60% less XP to level.

Because the amount of XP required is nuts.

sweet-jesus.gif

I got a new artifact and it'll be weeks before I can finish upgrading it.

Tri4

Quality of Life fix needed most:

Armor now takes 60% less XP to level.

Because the amount of XP required is nuts.

sweet-jesus.gif

I got a new artifact and it'll be weeks before I can finish upgrading it.
I swear it takes like 5x as much motes of lights to level an armour compared to weapons

E92 M3

Bungie has a lot of work to do in order for them to lose the stigma of "no fun allowed." That's the most important thing for them to do with Destiny.

i've quit virtually all PVE content tbh--no more raids, nightfalls, nothing

and I've quit sixes gametypes

I can't quit trials--its just a very quality experience imo

And I'm quite excited actually for the 2 v 2 stuff next week

Bungie has a lot of work to do in order for them to lose the stigma of "no fun allowed." That's the most important thing for them to do with Destiny.

The brief email asks: "How would you rate you most recent experience in Destiny?"

Answers can be ranked 1-5, with 1 being Not Fun, and 5 being Very Fun.

tumblr_static_asm98pms7e0og0o8kso8k0cws.png

I love this little robot. I should make a Destiny one. Should be a Hobgoblin?

And since we're talking fun, can someone photoshop this to have Gjallarhorn?

aNx2M89.gif

(or Sleeper Simulant for weirdos like LT)

Pretty sure this is still a thing. Or more specifically a saw a front page Reddit post a week or two ago that said it was still a thing. One way to find out for sure, just proceed w caution.......

So multiplayer to cause the maximum amount of grief? Got it.

I've picked up the second roll, it's fully upgraded now and it is incredibly dissappointing. It's very inaccurate ton ay the least, the low impact doesn't help either.

The DIS-43 is in the second highest impact tier. Are you thinking of the DIS-47? The latter is in the lowest impact tier (but with full-auto it's pretty fantastic).

Ballistic

Suros Dis-43
SLO-12/SPO-26/SPO-57 | Fitted Stock/Feather Mag | Partial Refund | Speed Reload/Hand-laid Stock
SLO-19/SPO-28/SPO-57 | Fitted Stock/Casket Mag | Hidden Hand | Snapshot/Injection Mold
SLO-12/SPO-28/SPO-57 | Perfect Balance/Oiled Frame | Counterbalance | Snapshot/Rifled Barrel

I've had the third roll forever. I get headshots for days since its stable as all hell. Even in crucible. The only drawback is the rate of fire.

NeOak

Suros Dis-43

I would go for Counterbalance tbh. It really helps a lot for scouts.

Also, if you had a Hori, you wouldn't need Full Auto :p

Tri4

Man, I never knew 3v3 was so fun. I've been doing a bit of salvage. Heavy is kinda ruining the modes though, there's been so many times where I went on massacres using a machine gun, and where my team got utterly destroyed by them too.

Alright DGAF. I need some suggestions for a new headset.

In looking for something better than the Sony Golds. What does everyone recommend?

I'm not sure what your budget is, but I would suggest going with a pair of nice headphones and a mod mic. The sound is so much better, and the mic quality is far superior.

These are a decent set that will give you a better sound quality. I use this brand as well.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0001ARCFA/?tag=neogaf0e-20

http://www.modmic.com/

For the Mod Mic, I use the omni-direction with a mute button. The site for the mic also offers a few headphone solutions. The Superlux brand is a decently priced set, and sound pretty nice, too.

With this kind of set up, you'll need an adapter which can be a Y-cable. I use an Audio Technica adapter that connections through USB. I believe it's called ATR2USB.

Finally, in order to limit the amount of cables, I used some 1/4" TechFlex.

PC. Although I have a price watch on PS4 for when it goes cheap enough.

I hated that they changed the ROF. Keep it like a Spare Change. I could at least pull it out occasionally & remember, but no. It's lost like tears in the rain.

It's a long road. Enjoy it.

(great post)

Damn. I would love to play PS4 Diablo with some DGAF.

I had two Hopscotch Pilgrims drop. Spent a ton of weapon parts re-rolling the second trying for Rangefinder/Braced Frame/Hidden Hand. Then they nerfed it. Still have one. It is still a laser beam. But it ain't the true Hypescotch.

I'm not sure what your budget is, but I would suggest going with a pair of nice headphones and a mod mic. The sound is so much better, and the mic quality is far superior.

These are a decent set that will give you a better sound quality. I use this brand as well.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0001ARCFA/?tag=neogaf0e-20

http://www.modmic.com/

For the Mod Mic, I use the omni-direction with a mute button. The site for the mic also offers a few headphone solutions. The Superlux brand is a decently priced set, and sound pretty nice, too.

With this kind of set up, you'll need an adapter which can be a Y-cable. I use an Audio Technica adapter that connections through USB. I believe it's called ATR2USB.

Finally, in order to limit the amount of cables, I used some 1/4" TechFlex.

Oh! Thanks for the reply! I think my cost is going to top out at around $150. I already have a nice 5.1 setup, but I need a better headset overall. Thanks again for the lengthy reply with links!

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
Reddit is doing their own "are you still having fun" poll for Destiny.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/440bzd/bungie_asks_fans_if_theyre_still_having_fun/

I also find it humorous that there's a thread on reddit asking about the worst Y1 NF, which was Arc Burn Omnigul, but I'd rather do that than any NF from Y2.

I like Arc Burn Omnigul because it's challenging. I still believe the game would benefit from a Nightfall Strike Playlist. 5 modifiers and a high light level would give the game a reason to test out all the random guns it throws at you and see what is most lethal.

SpecX

E92 M3

Tempted by the fruit of another
Tempted but the truth is discovered
What's been going on
Now that you have gone

There's no other

The theme song for Destiny players right now.

phen0m24

What's been going on
Now that you have gone

There's no other

The theme song for Destiny players right now.

Orrrrrrrr oh my gosh

Captive Bolt Pistol by Project 86 check these lyrics out oh man (highlights mine lol)

I am the sickle come to raze your fields
I am the messenger sent hellbent on your forever sleep
I am machete come to separate
I come to disconnect and sever the nape of your authority

I am the nexus of your movement’s decay
I come to rupture all vacant strategies
Rebirth is found in leveling this building
I am the living, breathing voice of all of your disillusion

Reach for something blunt and heavy
Let it drop right now if u still believe
I still believe in destiny

And we will desecrate your house of fame and devilry
We’ll desecrate
Cause we were made to destroy all your insincerity
We still believe

So far beyond a quiet mutiny
Rebirth is found in leveling your tyranny

Oh man I should tweet at Andrew Schwab to see if he ever played Destiny hahaha

Trying to get my 2nd Rumble win for the day so I can just stop playing for the day. I hop on Destiny to complete my goals for PVP as a chore sigh. I need The Division to drop soon.

LTWood12

Trying to get my 2nd Rumble win for the day so I can just stop playing for the day. I hop on Destiny to complete my goals for PVP as a chore sigh. I need The Division to drop soon.

Darryl. My man. You don't HAVE to keep doing this to yourself. Just come back and get the wins when you're actually enjoying it.

Darryl. My man. You don't HAVE to keep doing this to yourself. Just come back and get the wins when you're actually enjoying it.

Sigh I just want mindless entertainment. . but you know what. You are right--this is way too not fun. Going to call it quits today and try again tomorrow maybe. 64 rumble wins out of 100.

Bungie should send you the email.

They don't want to know my response.

Top Bottom