• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

WipedOut

Yep, agree no heavy should be in 3s.

Max one clip in 6s. Max three rockets.

I don't mind heavy in 3 if they would follow those rules. I think special should be treated like heavy in 3's also. Get rid of IB, invective and side-arm work arounds too and I think PVP, at least for me would be much more enjoyable.

Top of the Page edit: In remembrance of the epic two week run I had.

maxresdefault.jpg

SpecX

Man I wish Bungie would fix hit detection. Last night nothing was connecting and everyone had green bars. I shoulder charged a guy only to push him back with no damage and got shotgun blasted. I came around a corner and point blank shotgun blasted a guy in the face and he did the same, I died and lost a bullet while he ran off with no damage. It's the little things that make this game so damn fustraiting.

Genuinely don't know why I bother paying for decent internet. Seems the only way to win is use a potato for a router and some spaghetti for cabling.

Just had a hunter blinking and lag teleporting everywhere. He was untouchable. Even with rockets.

maomaoIYP

I've been dumped into the same game 6 times in a row. There's only 1 guy on my side and a premade team of six on the other.

edit: Ok on the 7th time mercy rule came into play.

So far I've had 7 gauntlets drop. Not one has been ps exclusive. I've had 5 snipers drop. Not one has had a decent roll to even consider keeping.

Record is currently 19W 4L queueing solo.

Only had 1 pair of gloves drop so far.

The lag seems to be getting worse as I increase in rank.

The Damage ref continues to be more and more annoying.

What kills me, is I've got a damn fiber connection. Yet I keep shooting people, watching them flinch from the bullet, but their health bar never moves.

Ghazi

BD was best in game for Crota's End, solo'ing Abyss and running sword. It was also great for Prison of Elders with stealth revives and mine defusals. Invis is so broken in PvE that it's always been useful, even in VoG although not near the level of Defenders or Sunsingers.

True, I really didn't think about that. Bladedancer's strengths are definitely in its perks, not its super. If BD had better hit detection on the super, it'd probably be my favorite subclass. Right now Gunslinger is definitely my favorite.

I don't really do PvP. Not even sure why Sungsinger would be considered good in PvE either.

Celestial Nighthawk makes Gunslinger pretty good, if you're focused on the super. Gunslinger is just a very well rounded subclass, and the best balanced, imo.

WipedOut

I feel like in all my time here I've only ever seen you play Destiny on your Vita.

I think I heard his voice for the first time the other night, surprised he didn't raid on his vita.

btw, that was as smooth as a Oryx run I've had in a while - 1st try Oryx CM strat.

ocean

Banned
True, I really didn't think about that. Bladedancer's strengths are definitely in its perks, not its super. If BD had better hit detection on the super, it'd probably be my favorite subclass. Right now Gunslinger is definitely my favorite.

Celestial Nighthawk makes Gunslinger pretty good, if you're focused on the super. Gunslinger is just a very well rounded subclass, and the best balanced, imo.
All the offensive Supers are garbage in PvE except for trash cleanup.

LTWood12

I feel like in all my time here I've only ever seen you play Destiny on your Vita.

Regular Goku-LT on his Vita playing from his office
Kaioken Goku-LT on his Vita from the bedroom, upstairs from console
SSJ Goku-LT on his Vita in the same room as the console
SSJ3 Goku-LT playing with a dualshock 4

X-Frame

So much Thorn talk on Reddit today. Cozmo apparently tweeted for feedback on Thorn yesterday -- wonder if this is in anticipation of a Year 2 Thorn.

On a side note -- my very long search is now over: I finally have Intellect + Discipline gauntlets with Increased Grenade Throw Distance and Hand Cannon Reloader. Took me forever to get these!

NeOak

I think I heard his voice for the first time the other night, surprised he didn't raid on his vita.

btw, that was as smooth as a Oryx run I've had in a while - 1st try Oryx CM strat.
Which is funny, because he can join a party on the Vita and talk there while playing Destiny.

I've done it with mine.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I don't know if it is bad RNG or some bad algorithm Bungie uses. Of my last five exotic leg engrams I have gotten Peragrin Greeves four times.

Highwind

So I have gone on a decent positive streak on bladedancer these last few games. Hardly encountered any hit registration issues as well thankfully.

What are the optimal builds for it? Exotics?

I've also developed a pointing habit after each cheeky kill.....

Bump up Thorn to a 1 shot kill.

Yes, but make it so that the shot does 5% damage and the DOT does the remaining 95%, that way you have maximum time to suffer through the HISS and the screen effect.

That's what I hate most about Thorn, that it makes my sound and my screen unbearable. I remember last summer where that's all Crucible was. *shudder*

deviant1

I don't know if it is bad RNG or some bad algorithm Bungie uses. Of my last five exotic leg engrams I have gotten Peragrin Greeves four times.

Same thing happens to me with exotic and legendary engrams, the game seems to favor one weapon/armor over everything else for me. It seems like all I get are the following:

Suros Regimes out of exotic primaries
Thunderlords out of exotic heavies
Peregrine Greaves out of exotic legs
Alpha Lupi out of exotic chest (11 of my last 13, I just want a Twilight Garrison FFS)
Jabberhakke out of legendary specials
An Answering Chord out of legendary primaries
Diluvian LMG out of legendary heavies

All the exotics are infusion fodder at this point, I might as well start saving them up for future exotics. For legendaries I just want some decent rolls on good weapons instead of instant legendary marks.

Dez_

Been playing IB solo and haven't won a single match yet, but I have noticed that I have been personally playing a little better when it comes to pvp. Playing with people here have definitely helped. Hoping to be able to hop on for some IB games later on. I actually enjoy straight up death match from time to time.

Deku Tree

Titan Rank 5. Warlock & Hunter rank 2. Just playing for fun really. Sniper is pretty good, need to go for those quick double taps.

I really need to figure out how to make some hard decisions about what primary weapons to dismantle. My vault is getting ridiculous.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Alpha Lupi out of exotic chest (11 of my last 13, I just want a Twilight Garrison FFS)

Ouch, I did luck out on the TG recently. Bummer about the favoring specific items. I don't seem to have a favored primary yet, well maybe just NOT Red Death, the one I want.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Good news Everybody, March 8th is Discharge date!
Gravy is comin' home.

First order of business is to repay Unstable, then smexy it up with the Doctor that is Drizzay, then watch my sodium intake, if too much bounties and filling up bars will be my priority

I will Rank 100 all essential vendors on all 3 characters before Destiny Deuce
Why?... Why the hell not!

Time to burn the midnight oil and catch up to you guys and be prepared
Get ready with the fun, I'm gonna need a little assistance learning some stuff or help with certain situations
Oh yes, this Robber ready to claim back his Grave.

If nothing work, The Division will be a calling, Medic @ your service

LTWood12

Gravy is comin' home.

First order of business is to repay Unstable, then smexy it up with the Doctor that is Drizzay, then watch my sodium intake, if too much bounties and filling up bars will be my priority

Get ready with the fun, I'm gonna need a little assistance learning some stuff or help with certain situations

Glad to hear it! Give it hell these last couple weeks.

WipedOut

Gravy is comin' home.

Congrats man, and catch up to us? Drizz has made sure you have more than all of us combined lol. Look forward to playing with you soon.

Gravy is comin' home.

And it's my birthday!
But seriously though, don't burn the midnight oil too much. Take care with your recovery.

phen0m24

Gravy is comin' home.

Be great to have ya back, GRX! Should do a hard Crota just because. :p

Jafku

Gravy is comin' home.

Great to hear!

Gravy is comin' home.

Will look forward to meeting you in Destiny then! I played "with you" on Monday and you've now got me on your Friends list for the future.

Top Bottom