• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Theorry

Tripmines with ahamkara spines are so good. They stay so long. I think i get kills 90% of the tripmines i throw. Everytime somebody will run over it. Even if its 20 seconds later or something. Its crazy.

Good news Everybody, March 8th is Discharge date!
Gravy is comin' home.

First order of business is to repay Unstable, then smexy it up with the Doctor that is Drizzay, then watch my sodium intake, if too much bounties and filling up bars will be my priority

I will Rank 100 all essential vendors on all 3 characters before Destiny Deuce
Why?... Why the hell not!

Time to burn the midnight oil and catch up to you guys and be prepared
Get ready with the fun, I'm gonna need a little assistance learning some stuff or help with certain situations
Oh yes, this Robber ready to claim back his Grave.

If nothing work, The Division will be a calling, Medic @ your service
Great news, Grave!
The prodigal son returns. o/

phen0m24

Tripmines with ahamkara spines are so good. They stay so long. I think i get kills 90% of the tripmines i throw. Everytime somebody will run over it. Even if its 20 seconds later or something. Its crazy.
My man

Bro fist

Throw them at walls behind control points, ammo boxes and heavy

Let the lols ensue

Ghazi

All the offensive Supers are garbage in PvE except for trash cleanup.
I don't really agree with that. Radiance is great for churning out orbs and the Voidwalker w/ bloom + Obsidian Mind is amazing. Sunbreaker was completely broken for a good while. Golden Gun is very good for focused damage with a nighthawk, there's at least one Shadowshot in most raid groups because of orb generation and bonus boss damage, Stormtrance is excellent for clearing mobs like you mentioned. I'm pretty happy with Fist of Havoc, too, although I think it could use some tweaks.

FyreWulff

I always thought Thorn would work better if you had to hold the trigger to keep poisoning them, like a tethergun of sorts. You'd have to trade off being able to do anything other than move around to get your DOT

Good news Everybody, March 8th is Discharge date!
Gravy is comin' home.

First order of business is to repay Unstable, then smexy it up with the Doctor that is Drizzay, then watch my sodium intake, if too much bounties and filling up bars will be my priority

I will Rank 100 all essential vendors on all 3 characters before Destiny Deuce
Why?... Why the hell not!

Time to burn the midnight oil and catch up to you guys and be prepared
Get ready with the fun, I'm gonna need a little assistance learning some stuff or help with certain situations
Oh yes, this Robber ready to claim back his Grave.

If nothing work, The Division will be a calling, Medic @ your service

Very nice Grave!! That's awesome. See ya around in ~12 days!

phen0m24

And those rounds pierce to the next nearest target that gets poisoned too.
And while firing Thorn you have a green invincible DoT bubble around you and if you move out of it, you leave green DoT poison on the ground which stays the whole match and insta-kills.

Not even OP

WeTeHa

Is it possible to get super good advice from exotic engrams?
I have 4 thunderlord, 5 truth, 5 dragons breath... Just checked my kiosk and SGA is the only exotic weapon I'm missing (apart from gunsmith quests)

WipedOut

Ftfy in the case they buff shotguns and nerf snipers haha. Bungie will never be able to win.

I never had a problem with shotguns. You could easily out maneuver them with blink or your own shotgun. Now with Doctrine you could counter them. What I did have a problem with was sniping with felwinters. If that shotgun hadn't existed then all would be right in the world.

Is it possible to get super good advice from exotic engrams?
I have 4 thunderlord, 5 truth, 5 dragons breath... Just checked my kiosk and SGA is the only exotic weapon I'm missing (apart from gunsmith quests)

yes

LTWood12

Buff Scouts and Pulses so we can flinch snipers out of ADS, and buff auto rifles and hand cannons so we reliably kill rushers w/ mid to short range archetypes. The Last Word shouldn't be the only reliable hand cannon. And you shouldn't have to have a 100 RoF auto rifle to reliably take down a rushing shotgunner before he gets in ohk range.

The special weapons themselves have never felt like a problem to me other than maybe Fusion Rifles back in 1.0 (now they're awful). A shotgun should fee powerful, and should ohko at short range is lined up well. Sniper headshots should be a ohk too. The lack of variety in reliable primaries is always what's felt like the problem to me.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
All this Thorn talk, I got something to add

Make thorn bullets like luck in the chamber where the burn procs off 1 bullet per clip
Even with reload, just have a counter that once effect hits, counter starts even with reload
If burn is the thing that kills the guardian, a firefly effect occurs and creates a fanatic pool for 10 sec, it hurts both sides

The chaos that would ensue would be delicious

WipedOut

Buff Scouts and Pulses so we can flinch snipers out of ADS, and buff auto rifles and hand cannons so we reliably kill rushers w/ mid to short range archetypes. The Last Word shouldn't be the only reliable hand cannon. And you shouldn't have to have a 100 RoF auto rifle to reliably take down a rushing shotgunner before he gets in ohk range.

But it is so fun taking out that would be shotgunner with doctrine, it's like they get oh so close only for you to say nope!

LTWood12

But it is so fun taking out that would be shotgunner with doctrine, it's like they get oh so close only for you to say nope!

Oh I completely agree. I just don't think the high impact autos should be totally worthless like they are now. With an ever so slight buff the mid-RoF autos (Monte Carlo, Righteous VII) would be incredible.

will you not agree it is a former shell of itself?

It doesn't do 84 precision dmg anymore (or the glitched 111 ADS, which is fine) and sometimes has phantom bullets but it's rare now after their latest fix and back to an excellent gun. And a great counter for shotgunners. There really isn't any other run and guns in the game other than TLW. Running around like a cowboy.

WipedOut

It doesn't do 84 precision dmg anymore (or the glitched 111 ADS, which is fine) and sometimes has phantom bullets but it's rare now after their latest fix and back to an excellent gun. And a great counter for shotgunners.

As I said will try it next time I play on the bone. You playing any IB this weekend over there?

As I said will try it next time I play on the bone. You playing any IB this weekend over there?

I usually play 2-3 games a day, however many it takes me to complete the 3 IB dailies and that's it. I can't stand 6v6 Clash especially on Year 2 maps, anymore.

I have XCOM and Fire Emblem Awakening to beat. And The Witness but I'm super stuck on that game.

ocean

Banned
I don't really agree with that. Radiance is great for churning out orbs and the Voidwalker w/ bloom + Obsidian Mind is amazing. Sunbreaker was completely broken for a good while. Golden Gun is very good for focused damage with a nighthawk, there's at least one Shadowshot in most raid groups because of orb generation and bonus boss damage, Stormtrance is excellent for clearing mobs like you mentioned. I'm pretty happy with Fist of Havoc, too, although I think it could use some tweaks.
I mean Radiance is popped for orb generation and maybe killing a Thrall with grenade spam - Fusion Grenade spam wrecks with tons of damage on a single target but few people do that.

Nova Bomb doesn't do much damage - it's great with Obsidian Mind if you get a lot of kills...again if there's plenty of trash mobs. Not gonna do much if you have a powerful enemy.

Golden Gun does decent damage with Nighthawk because it's literally 2x the power - without it, it's barely enough to kill a Major.

Fist of Havoc again fails to do meaningful damage to bosses or majors. Great for trash.

A lot of supers are only good for quick disposal of large+weak enemy mobs or generating orbs for the actually useful PvE supers: Tether and Bubble. These buff the damage we can unleash with Snipers, the true powerhouses in the game.

Top Bottom