• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

NeOak

it was shot package, not felwinters that was the problem

I miss shot package tbh.

Edit: Top of page

il_570xN.901809243_3p7l.jpg

ZeroCoin

Are there certain encounters that have higher chances at specific loot? Everything seems to happen so randomly. I'm really trying to get a MIDA, but I have no idea if there's a specific raid, or strike, or anything that would increase my chances.

Just got rank 5 with hunter gotta wait til I get finished eating lunch with the gf to see what I got.

Great run Frenden and company, nice unbeaten streak.

Will be back on in around an hour

Are there certain encounters that have higher chances at specific loot? Everything seems to happen so randomly. I'm really trying to get a MIDA, but I have no idea if there's a specific raid, or strike, or anything that would increase my chances.

if you are trying to get the yr 1 version, there are a few exotic chests you can look at

but basically, if you're trying to get yr 2 without having yr1 version, you're left with nightfall, shaxx weekly bounties, or just plain old 3oC. the drop rate is low, and then the chance of it being a primary exotic is low as well

then you'd have to roll the fact that it's a MIDA over the other available exotics in the primary slot in yr 2.

you're probably just hoping for xur to sell it again

Lee

Unfortunately no. Legacy engrams from Xur are designed for this need, basically, but I believe the "smart loot" is broken on the primary weapon legacy engrams...

ZeroCoin

if you are trying to get the yr 1 version, there are a few exotic chests you can look at

but basically, if you're trying to get yr 2 without having yr1 version, you're left with nightfall, shaxx weekly bounties, or just plain old 3oC. the drop rate is low, and then the chance of it being a primary exotic is low as well

then you'd have to roll the fact that it's a MIDA over the other available exotics in the primary slot in yr 2.

you're probably just hoping for xur to sell it again

Unfortunately no. Legacy engrams from Xur are designed for this need, basically, but I believe the "smart loot" is broken on the primary weapon legacy engrams...

Thanks for the feedback guys. Unfortunately I started playing just after the MIDA was most recently available from xur, so who knows how long that will be before it shows back up. Ugh at the broken legacy engram. I was considering trying that route too. Glad you mentioned it.

It is. Tested it with the Netduma the past few days.

That there is a component of connection based matchmaking does not mean it is the primary factor. The average IB opponent I face is around a 1.7 kd with the majority having a 50 DTR score. I also get 2-3 red bars most games. There is no way skill isn't the driving factor in the current IB matchmaking.

recks

It is. Tested it with the Netduma the past few days.
Pretty sure it's still SBMM. Maybe the reason you're getting good connection is because you're on a tier with a bigger pool of players? Some people are also saying SBMM is back on regular Control too.

WipedOut

Pretty sure it's still SBMM. Maybe the reason you're getting good connection is because you're on a tier with a bigger pool of players? Some people are also saying SBMM is back on regular Control too.
SBMM can't be in clash, I don't have too much Data to be paired with some of the players I've been matched with this afternoon. 4 out of 5 games I was in with Randos we were getting literally destroyed by other Randos. I'm not a great player but I'm not as bad as I was playing this afternoon.

Edit: then this happened, every game before that I had a k/D of .7 or lower

Cc_FTNed_UYAAR9_AZ.jpg

SBMM can't be in clash, I don't have too much Data to be paired with some of the players I've been matched with this afternoon. 4 out of 5 games I was in with Randos we were getting literally destroyed by other Randos. I'm not a great player but I'm not as bad as I was playing this afternoon.

Cc_FTNed_UYAAR9_AZ.jpg

Disclaimer: I'm using KD as the metric here, which is imperfect, but so is every other variable.

I looked at the last two games you played - one of which you did very well in and one where you did poorly - and your opponents' average KD was .87 and .80. You will not get into a lobby like that without being a below average player. The idea that your experience disproves the existence of SBMM in Clash is bogus.

LTWood12

It's not an either/or situation on the SBMM vs. CBMM. They've just weighted connection as more of a priority than it was. Skill and connection are both aspects of the matchmaking. They've never stated as far as I know that ANY playlist was moving to 100% purely connection based.

deadduck

There is always SBMM.

It just depends how much, they widened the skill gap and prioritised local connections.

recks

Cc_FTNed_UYAAR9_AZ.jpg
I took liberty to look up your last games on IB and every player was around your ELO range (~100 points difference). So yep, pretty sure it's still SBMM.

Top Bottom