• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Doctrine of Death
Jr.
! XD

giphy.gif

Don't even have counterbalance :p

Nerf incoming

LTWood12

I have one with sureshot, braced frame, Icarus and.....last resort :(

My first and only one too.

I'd take rifled barrel over braced frame any day.

Yup, RF > SB > BF for hand cannons. Need that range, stability isn't that important.

I need to try my godroll out in the crucible.

To the firebolt you mean because thats why you won that firefight :p. Firebolt is so good you can 1v3 just like that

Doctrine is just OP in that kind of range when 3 people are rushing for you like they were. Sure, the firebolt helped but wouldn't you have thrown any grenade in that situation and had a similar result? Vortex, voidwall, lightning, pulse, incendiary....all would have resulted in the same outcome.

Not saying that firebolts don't need a nerf, they most certainly do.

Doctrine is just OP in that kind of range when 3 people are rushing for you like they were. Sure, the firebolt helped but wouldn't you have thrown any grenade in that situation and had a similar result? Vortex, voidwall, lightning, pulse, incendiary....all would have resulted in the same outcome.

Honestly none of them would have been anywhere near as effective. Lighting nades would but that would require a god throw instead of just throwing that like firebolt, skip nades are only good for one enemy (and take time to dmg the enemy), arcbolt does less damage/doesnt mess with their screen because of burn, incendiary would not have tagged all of them with meaningful damage, vortex is kinda iffy the dmg, voidwall would also have to be a god throw to hit them all with the initial burn (the one that does more dmg) and pulse nade sucks.

So yes firebolts do need a nerf.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yeah lag is too much today. Hate trying to figure out if I killed someone when it doesn't appear until five seconds later.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.

None had a shield due to the grenade and the last guy was the only one that looked like he was aiming at you. But it was a good series of events that made a cool video.

NeOak

Starting a Netduma powered train.

US only due to geofilter.

psn is neoaku

Sorry, but having people from France and UK made us match with guys from Africa.

Trakan

I have no issues at all with repurposed geometry.

Reused geometry on the other hand, causes the game to feel stale.

For instance, The beginning of the Phogoth strike is very similar to a Mission, all the way down to the boss room. This makes the Phogoth strike stale because it feels like reused content.

Meanwhile the first HoW mission repurposed the Archon Priest strike by added a small amount of geometry, as well as new enemies/encounters, and a modified vehicle for the player. This makes it feel like brand new space to me.

Similarly, the Fist of Crota mission that starts you off in the Blast Zone seemed incredibly unique when it first launched, because no one had ever approached the Blast Zone from that direction. The entire encounter seemed incredibly unique compared to the Devil's lair strike that uses the same space.

You can find examples of reuse and repurposing all over the game. But you'll notice the repurposed pieces seemed to be more enjoyed compared to the reused.

I'll offer one final example. The PS4 exclusive strike for TTK, the Echo Chamber. This strike plays in the exact same space as the Eye of the Gate Lord mission. Except Bungie gave us a new mechanic to work with, as well as a variety of encounters that occur in the area just before the boss. This makes the space feel unique, despite it using 100% of old geometry.

Edit: Now I want to create an excel sheet of all the zones involved in every missions, and measure the overlap.

I disagree. I was incredibly disappointed playing through TDB and HoW missions realizing they're just missions where you go through vanilla areas backwards. It doesn't feel unique at all to me.

Top Bottom