• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

CcKdlwpUMAAlX4j.jpg

Nothing to see here.

Ha ha the same just happened to me :(

CcKaBAoW4AEwFI8.jpg

Need 4 for ib

Will join up

Shiv47

Retro Raid Night.

When: 2/27 9-930PM EST
What: Vault of Glass and Crota's End x3
Who:

1. W193D0UT
2. Ji66a
3. Nico
4. Netguy503
5. Light_Knight_Sky
6. Shiv2099

Alts:
1. Auctopus

One spot left, We are going to do multiple runs though.
I'll go on as many as possible.

WipedOut

So I know that I said I'd be available for a Flawless attempt tonight, but Bannerfall....

With that attitude you certainly won't. Man up! ;)

I'll go on as many as possible.

And we're full. Open alt slots in case someone doesn't show up.

Retro Raid Night.

When: 2/27 9-930PM EST
What: Vault of Glass and Crota's End x3
Who:

1. W193D0UT
2. Ji66a
3. Nico
4. Netguy503
5. Light_Knight_Sky
6. Shiv2099

Alts:
1. Auctopus

Twilight said he's banned till Destiny 2, 18 months. Rip

PoorOneOut.GIF

I was using TLW last night during IB for a Shaxx Bounty. I hit the jackpot on one guy. I hit back to back crit shots on him for 100! My LL was high enough and his was low enough. It was glorious.

Edit: I saved the video too :3

WipedOut

Yea I do but this map sucks for anything not Rift. Even for Rift it's not great. Just esthetically pleasing is mostly what the map is.

I like it for Control, I did think it was kinda fun for Doubles but I would imagine I'm in the minority, Easy to avoid sniper lanes and can rush opponents as long as you stay away from outside tree area.

I like it for Control, I did think it was kinda fun for Doubles but I would imagine I'm in the minority, Easy to avoid sniper lanes and can rush opponents as long as you stay away from outside tree area.

Doubles is different because it's only 2 people. It makes huge sniping Lane maps like Bannerfall not as bad when it's only 2v2. A third person is a huge difference.

Not a fun Trials map at all. At least last time was the pulse rifle meta, this time it's the hard scoping sniper meta.

Someone at Bungie saw all the fun folks were having on Exodus Blue last week...

How about a Trials essay instead?

Development of a Team Contribution Metric

Abstract:
I've been to Mercury twice with very clear carries, and 3 more times since, but was I really contributing? Was I the weak link? This paper attempts to develop a metric for use in determining the answer.

Methodology:

Using guardian.gg, I recorded K,D & A for each game in a card. I gathered this information for a variety of my cards, including my 2 carries, my 3 flawless cards with DGAF, and two other cards with skilled players (Drizz) and with average DGAF members. As a control, I collected one card's worth of information from Wicked, Yung_Gunnerz & ReignOfSparrows as a team that is very talented and fairly evenly skilled.

Using the metrics provided, I tweaked the standard (K+A)/D to de-emphasize assists, and then created a card-wide average for each team member, as well as for the entire team.

Q7YQV8w.png

Results:

GyTi9IB.png

Discussion:

A couple of points become evident. My two carries were very clearly carries. My 3 flawless cards with Ape, Nami & Igor, I was very clearly the weak link. Even so far as the last card with them being close to a carry in terms of my contribution. The control card from Wicked does what I expected it to and shows a fairly even split between him and the rest of his team. This helps calibrate the % split that would still be considered even contribution. Both a strength and a weakness, this statistic removes absolute team performance. The average K/D ratio of Wicked's team was a staggering 4.4 K/D, while card #7 above was a meager 1.0 K/D. This metric is for uniformity of team performance regardless absolute performance. Further development of the metric should be undertaken, particularly if additional variables were available such as round by round kills.

-------------------------------------

Jokey format aside, I was curious as to how much I was contributing on my flawless cards. It's also a metric that I can use week to week to see if I'm improving besides bland K/D and meaingless ELO.

Top Bottom