• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Voted 2- Eh its almost fun

I have fun in certain setups but nothing near Y1 which I could have fun solo or in a group setup.

Answered the same.

I'm playing less and less because the parts of the game that aren't pleasurable are still there, and the parts that should be pleasurable more often than not leave me bitter.

E92 M3

Orrrrrrrr oh my gosh

Captive Bolt Pistol by Project 86 check these lyrics out oh man (highlights mine lol)

I am the sickle come to raze your fields
I am the messenger sent hellbent on your forever sleep
I am machete come to separate
I come to disconnect and sever the nape of your authority

I am the nexus of your movement’s decay
I come to rupture all vacant strategies
Rebirth is found in leveling this building
I am the living, breathing voice of all of your disillusion

Reach for something blunt and heavy
Let it drop right now if u still believe
I still believe in destiny

And we will desecrate your house of fame and devilry
We’ll desecrate
Cause we were made to destroy all your insincerity
We still believe

So far beyond a quiet mutiny
Rebirth is found in leveling your tyranny

Oh man I should tweet at Andrew Schwab to see if he ever played Destiny hahaha

Lol, do it and you may be in for a surprise ;)

Ghazi

Orrrrrrrr oh my gosh

Captive Bolt Pistol by Project 86 check these lyrics out oh man (highlights mine lol)

I am the sickle come to raze your fields
I am the messenger sent hellbent on your forever sleep
I am machete come to separate
I come to disconnect and sever the nape of your authority

I am the nexus of your movement’s decay
I come to rupture all vacant strategies
Rebirth is found in leveling this building
I am the living, breathing voice of all of your disillusion

Reach for something blunt and heavy
Let it drop right now if u still believe
I still believe in destiny

And we will desecrate your house of fame and devilry
We’ll desecrate
Cause we were made to destroy all your insincerity
We still believe

So far beyond a quiet mutiny
Rebirth is found in leveling your tyranny

Oh man I should tweet at Andrew Schwab to see if he ever played Destiny hahaha

Bungie should hire you as Lead Poem Designer

Sigh I just want mindless entertainment. . but you know what. You are right--this is way too not fun. Going to call it quits today and try again tomorrow maybe. 64 rumble wins out of 100.

They don't want to know my response.

Personal goal.

I managed to get 100 salvage wins and every other crucible playlist besides double

Doesn't placing top 3 in rumble count as a win? I could be mistaken.

I'm with you. For me, aside from getting T5 / T5 setups for armor, there is nothing left to chase, except for doubles wins. If you need to grind those out, I'm down to help.

But why man. I havent ever grinded a single grimoire card and i am at 4200+ just by playing the game. Things will just come naturally if they are fun to do.

Some things in this game don't necessarily come naturally, and some of them actually disappear if you don't do them before the next expansion comes out.

You may be at 4200 casually, but I'm at 4890 with small effort.

I've only ever "grinded" 2 grimoire cards. Ogres and Hydras. Everything else was a pleasure to work towards.

Lnkn52

If Darryl's only hours of playing Destiny is trying to win 2 rumble games, I see that as Bungie's version of a daily.

I could look at you the same way regarding achievements.

Like, why bother getting all of them? What does that do for you?

I still haven't done my flawless raider, because I don't see how that could be particularly fun, but I'm sure it'll happen eventually.

Flawless raider is a lot of fun. Exhilarating to say the least.

Deku Tree

I could look at you the same way regarding achievements.

Like, why bother getting all of them? What does that do for you?

I still haven't done my flawless raider, because I don't see how that could be particularly fun, but I'm sure it'll happen eventually.

You thought grinding to max grimoire was fun? But you don't think Flawless raider could be particularly fun? To each his own I guess.

Doesn't placing top 3 in rumble count as a win? I could be mistaken.

I'm with you. For me, aside from getting T5 / T5 setups for armor, there is nothing left to chase, except for doubles wins. If you need to grind those out, I'm down to help.

Nah top 3 only counts for bounty. You need 1st place for a win to count, and I'm down to bang out the doubles with youwhen it comes back into rotation.

But why man. I havent ever grinded a single grimoire card and i am at 4200+ just by playing the game. Things will just come naturally if they are fun to do.

Like Lnkn said it's almost my form of doing a daily, feeling like I progressed my character some day by day. I play for 1-2 hours total a day and hop off and play another game or just do another activity.

LTWood12

Nah top 3 only counts for bounty. You need 1st place for a win to count, and I'm down to bang out the doubles with youwhen it comes back into rotation.

Like Lnkn said it's almost my form of doing a daily, feeling like I progressed my character some day by day. I play for 1-2 hours total a day and hop off and play another game or just do another activity.

I hope I didn't come across preachy Darryl. All I was trying to say what that you'll probably end up completing the grimoire anyway if/when you come back to the game when more content drops. If it's really feeling like a slog now you can always come back to it.

Nah top 3 only counts for bounty.

Ah, that sucks. May the Force be with you on them Rumble wins. Man, I hope Doubles wins during this Valentine's event counts toward the 100 wins for Doubles. I've got you on my friends list. HMU for pvp any time. That's all I play nowadays.

Tri4

I'm still at the low 3000s in grimoire. I don't know why it's so low, I have 3 characters and have done a lot of stuff.

PIu0nW9.png

New Rewards designer. So maybe we won't have to suffer through the Year 2 endgame again.

Someone is hired into a new role, on the same team he's been working with. Obviously this means everything is changing, he's now solely in charge of the rewards systems, and Destiny is saved.

Ah, that sucks. May the Force be with you on them Rumble wins. Man, I hope Doubles wins during this Valentine's event counts toward the 100 wins for Doubles. I've got you on my friends list. HMU for pvp any time. That's all I play nowadays.

I'm going to go ahead and bet that they do not.

Considering this is a new gametype, and it has a Elimination as a basis, chances are it won't count towards doubles.

If anything it'll count towards Elimination, but will likely just be it's own one-off grimoire card.

We should hold a Destiny poetry competition and let the community decide who wins.

Read a nice poem today. Since Destiny is ded, I'll share:

Failing & Flying by Jack Gilbert

Everyone forgets that Icarus also flew.
It’s the same when love comes to an end,
or the marriage fails and people say
they knew it was a mistake, that everybody
said it would never work. That she was
old enough to know better. But anything
worth doing is worth doing badly.
Like being there by that summer ocean
on the other side of the island while
love was fading out of her, the stars
burning so extravagantly those nights that
anyone could tell you they would never last.
Every morning she was asleep in my bed
like a visitation, the gentleness in her
like antelope standing in the dawn mist.
Each afternoon I watched her coming back
through the hot stony field after swimming,
the sea light behind her and the huge sky
on the other side of that. Listened to her
while we ate lunch. How can they say
the marriage failed? Like the people who
came back from Provence (when it was Provence)
and said it was pretty but the food was greasy.
I believe Icarus was not failing as he fell,
but just coming to the end of his triumph.​

I love that first line. Live well, DGAF, whether you're playing Destiny now or not.

If it counts for doubles I will change my Bungie response to "Not fun" to "Ehh it's aiight"

I hope I didn't come across preachy Darryl. All I was trying to say what that you'll probably end up completing the grimoire anyway if/when you come back to the game when more content drops. If it's really feeling like a slog now you can always come back to it.

Ha don't worry LT I didn't think you were coming off preachy. I get you--I might end up doing that if I get too frustrated.

Iceman829

Someone is hired into a new role, on the same team he's been working with. Obviously this means everything is changing, he's now solely in charge of the rewards systems, and Destiny is saved.

More mediocre to below average loot to be had by everyone. Can't wait to play a nightfall again now!

WipedOut

Or he's kinda being sarcastic which may be the case

Crazy times = new "role" but same team. Maybe?

I tend to want to believe the former. Crazy times is what they need. If they want a WoW type game with community that is going to stick around for 10 years they need to figure out a road map and fast. People will jump ship and find something that will be worth their entertainment time.

New CEO
New Reward Designer
Emails going out asking why aren't you playing anymore

All things point to a shake up or a start of one.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I don't think you end an 'I got a promotion' tweet with, "Crazy times!" unless shit is fucked up.
*shrug* Who knows? I didn't tweet about it in the first place, but I got an unexpected promotion last week (though my organization is in a stable position) and I did use the terms "crazy" and "pretty nuts" when discussing it with others.

WipedOut

i don't know why they have to give someone a job just to turn it back to the HoWs system/drop rates

Only time I actually got into crucible, it seemed like I was getting something new every time I played. I miss HoW era, PoE sucked but it opened up other parts of the game for me.

Frenden

Banned
It's a weird choice of words. I never refer to a positive event as crazy times, but apparently some do.

i don't know why they have to give someone a job just to turn it back to the HoWs system/drop rates

The pessimist business owner in me says titles like this are about accountability. End game still fucked up next go around? Now you have someone in charge to hold feet to the fire, reprimand, or fire.

the_id

Read a nice poem today. Since Destiny is ded, I'll share:

Failing & Flying by Jack Gilbert

Everyone forgets that Icarus also flew.
It’s the same when love comes to an end,
or the marriage fails and people say
they knew it was a mistake, that everybody
said it would never work. That she was
old enough to know better. But anything
worth doing is worth doing badly.
Like being there by that summer ocean
on the other side of the island while
love was fading out of her, the stars
burning so extravagantly those nights that
anyone could tell you they would never last.
Every morning she was asleep in my bed
like a visitation, the gentleness in her
like antelope standing in the dawn mist.
Each afternoon I watched her coming back
through the hot stony field after swimming,
the sea light behind her and the huge sky
on the other side of that. Listened to her
while we ate lunch. How can they say
the marriage failed? Like the people who
came back from Provence (when it was Provence)
and said it was pretty but the food was greasy.
I believe Icarus was not failing as he fell,
but just coming to the end of his triumph.​

I love that first line. Live well, DGAF, whether you're playing Destiny now or not.

Very nice poem. One perspective is to look at the Glass Half Full.

Destiny is never going to die for me at least as I am constantly aiming to get better in the Crucible and one day, get to Mercury.

Right now, I've just discovered The Last Word...WTF, its actually got a hidden Full Auto PERK???? This gun is so fun to use.

Tri4

Very nice poem. One perspective is to look at the Glass Half Full.

Destiny is never going to die for me at least as I am constantly aiming to get better in the Crucible and one day, get to Mercury.

Right now, I've just discovered The Last Word...WTF, its actually got a hidden Full Auto PERK???? This gun is so fun to use.
Not really hidden, its the fan fire perk.

Top Bottom