• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

I had two signups drop out of the King's Fall Newbie Raid tonight (intended to begin in about 40 minutes).

Anyone is welcome- newbies or helpers or in between.

Please send me a PM here on GAF as well as a friend request on PSN if we aren't yet friends.

Still need helpers Hawk? I can jump on if needed but only if there aren't newbies who would like the spot.

edit2: #HMR

giphy.gif

Like a BOSS
_Z8DnXJv_200x200.jpg

Thread has been good today. Shitty day made less shitty because of you guys. Thanks DGAF

;) I used that pic for everything at the moment haha.

I'm hoping Crimson Double will be good enough to bring everyone back in for a bit so we can all enjoy some pvp

riotfig

Neo Member
Unlocks Guardian of Lord trophy late last night. Yay to me.

Sad part, on my friends list, only 1 was playing. Destiny is dad.

Frenden

Banned
I nominate Todd to be hired and promoted to PvP designer at Bungie. That's my dream for today.

Edit: Please add the appropriate amount of needed Anime to the game Senpai

Edit 2: I would also like to have Frenden hired as lead Destiny Fashion Guru.

FAKE EDIT 3: Ape is bored at work.

Turns out, I was the first person to bother getting all the PoE shaders and won a gold ticket-esque promotion to character designer (in charge of fashion). :p

True trolls have to use white weapons. Teabag after Khvostov kill for max rage.

speaking of, nghtly had a white rocket launcher name "Deacon" something or other. so every so often, if somebody had bothered him enough in a round, even though he wouldn't take heavy, he would specifically for that case. would be rather demoralizing to get killed by a white rocket launcher....

*snip*

it's great, you'll love it if you have any love of science.

oh yeah, I do. I almost became a chemical engineer, professionally... but I determined that it wasn't for me... wasted years... *le sigh*

i'm actually reading the book. we already saw the movie, but my wife wants to watch it again, and it just came out on DVD I guess...

edit:
dangit. le post, c'est double

New to Destiny figured I could check out this thread. Just got my Hunter to light 279. Am I close to raid ready?

Yep. Honestly you could raid now if you tagged along with an experienced group, but the recommended level for Normal King's Fall is 290 Light. The closer you can get to that the more fun it will be for you since you won't be under-leveled which makes you do less damage and take more damage from enemies.

We're actually doing Hawkian's weekly newbie raid right now, but you can check the link in the OP to sign up for a future run. Always a great way to get introduced to raiding in Destiny.

Oh might have to whip out my Hieracon LR2 for doubles next week. :D

That was the sniper I used during the Thorn bounty. Good times
I was so bad at Crucible :)

speaking of, nghtly had a white rocket launcher name "Deacon" something or other. so every so often, if somebody had bothered him enough in a round, even though he wouldn't take heavy, he would specifically for that case. would be rather demoralizing to get killed by a white rocket launcher....

First time I saw nghtly stream after taken king he was using a white sniper. His LL was like 195. He just doesn't care.

I got trolled by a hunter with green gear and a skull mask today. :(
Skull mask is essential troll gear.

New to Destiny figured I could check out this thread. Just got my Hunter to light 279. Am I close to raid ready?

Welcome aboard!

As driz said you could raid right now but you wont have much fun till your about 290

But if your just itching to raid. You can try try and find a group for vualt of glass or crotas end. You wont get gear you can use. But vualt specifically is an experience too great to miss

Yep. Honestly you could raid now if you tagged along with an experienced group, but the recommended level for Normal King's Fall is 290 Light. The closer you can get to that the more fun it will be for you since you won't be under-leveled which makes you do less damage and take more damage from enemies.

We're actually doing Hawkian's weekly newbie raid right now, but you can check the link in the OP to sign up for a future run. Always a great way to get introduced to raiding in Destiny.
Thanks so much for the info I will definitely sign up to the next one. Will keep grinding till I get to 290.

Welcome aboard!

As driz said you could raid right now but you wont have much fun till your about 290

But if your just itching to raid. You can try try and find a group for vualt of glass or crotas end. You wont get gear you can use. But vualt specifically is an experience too great to miss
Thanks for the welcome and info. :)

How do I turn a video (mp4) into a high quality gif?

Easiest way is to upload the desired clip to YouTube and then use one of many gif making websites: (imgur.com, http://giphy.com/create/gifmaker, http://makeagif.com/youtube-to-gif etc etc). You can use the free Share Factory app from PSN to clip your video clips down to just the part you want to gif.

Keep in mind high quality gifs will mean larger image files which are bad for the many mobile users who read gaf.

Frenden

Banned
Any DGAFers play Hearthstone? Frenden#1698 on Battlenet.

Here's hoping the BWU gives us something to cheer for tomorrow.

Mindlog

Easiest way is to upload the desired clip to YouTube and then use one of many gif making websites: (imgur.com, http://giphy.com/create/gifmaker, http://makeagif.com/youtube-to-gif etc etc). You can use the free Share Factory app from PSN to clip your video clips down to just the part you want to gif.

Keep in mind high quality gifs will mean larger image files which are bad for the many mobile users who read gaf.
Supplemental: If you want to skip all logins then EZ GIF has worked fine for me. Don't know if high quality comes in (60 MB max video size) because I tend to aggressively shrink and compress.

Hey Hawk, any chance I could get in on a KF newbie raid next time you're doing it? I still haven't gotten around to it (after buying TTK day 1 lol), and I'm 298.

LTWood12

I just got kicked out of the heroics cue because I kept starting it and then immediately backing out if it wasn't Omnigul lol.

Yeah. Kicked me all the way to title screen with a message. Wished I'd saved it. It as a warning.

Then let me pick the specific fucking heroic strike I want to do Bungie.

Did it give you any kind of cool down timer before being able to use the playlist again? That's the first I've heard of them instituting some kind of playlist quitting penalty.

Does the Grasp have a higher drop rate in heroics? I've heard different things about strike specific drop rates and strike difficulty but no idea if anything has been confirmed. I read on Reddit about TripleWreck killing Omnigul 111 times without a single drop. Yeah.... not gonna bother unless she shows up some week as the Nightfall. Not holding my breath for that however.

Did it give you any kind of cool down timer before being able to use the playlist again? That's the first I've heard of them instituting some kind of playlist quitting penalty.

Does the Grasp have a higher drop rate in heroics? I've heard different things about strike specific drop rates and strike difficulty but no idea if anything has been confirmed. I read on Reddit about TripleWreck killing Omnigul 111 times without a single drop. Yeah.... not gonna bother unless she shows up some week as the Nightfall. Not holding my breath for that however.

Heroics have an extremely small chance of dropping the special item.

I think this is why the Phogoth Hunter Helmet has never dropped-Because accessing from the Director counts it as 'normal mode'.

Top Bottom