• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

ocean

Banned
Hey guys who is the best/goat destiny player?
I like players who are flexible enough to play lots of different content at a high level. Examples:

ZL_Chriss with a 99% win ratio in Trials with a K/D over 7.0, also dominated Skirmish ranks for a while. He was also part of the 6th team in the world to beat King's Fall.

Lumi is a top rank streamer and also known to speedrun PvE content very effectively. This guy basically came up with a play style using Nightstalkers.

Tfue, Slayerage and a few others are PvE beasts and also pretty good at PvP.

Every time I play Iron Banner, Trials or any kind of Crucible more than in just a short spurt I am reminded at how embarassing it is that Bungie has allowed PvP to go dominated by Sniper Rifles for this long. All games have balance issues that get adjusted over time and require constant attention. That's no big deal. But the absolute domination by snipers in Crucible is demoralizing. Many of us have complained about the lack of content in Y2 but the lack of attention to the basics here disgusts me. I love Destiny and I won't stop playing anytime soon but Bungie needs to realize that they can't take half measures. To fix their problems with special weapons it's they need to change their entire special weapon system. They can't get it right as it stands now. I don't think I've ever seen a developer with so much history of success, passion, potential and talent waste it all on indecision and inability to produce.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
ZL Chris is definitely the best player. No one can hold a candle to him. One on one no one can hang with him.

IB just made me quit for the time being. Kept getting Cathedral. Hate that map with a passion. Screw that. Good games everyone.

Kyoufu

ZL Chris is definitely the best player. No one can hold a candle to him. One on one no one can hang with him.

IB just made me quit for the time being. Kept getting Cathedral. Hate that map with a passion. Screw that. Good games everyone.

Yeah that Cathedral game was so frustrating. Being spawn-camped feels bad man.

Highwind

Need 2 for trials.

I wanna run x2 on Titan and Warlock to get the helmets.

Every time I play Iron Banner, Trials or any kind of Crucible more than in just a short spurt I am reminded at how embarassing it is that Bungie has allowed PvP to go dominated by Sniper Rifles for this long. All games have balance issues that get adjusted over time and require constant attention. That's no big deal. But the absolute domination by snipers in Crucible is demoralizing. Many of us have complained about the lack of content in Y2 but the lack of attention to the basics here disgusts me. I love Destiny and I won't stop playing anytime soon but Bungie needs to realize that they can't take half measures. To fix their problems with special weapons it's they need to change their entire special weapon system. They can't get it right as it stands now. I don't think I've ever seen a developer with so much history of success, passion, potential and talent waste it all on indecision and inability to produce.

While I myself don't have much issues with snipers I can agree that the way Bungie has handled balancing the weapon types in this game has been shameful.

Fucking losing gunfights thanks to rng bullets, harsh nerfs to the entire weapon classes thanks to 1 or 2 guns excelling. It's sad.

Anyone for trials in like half hour? Don't really care about flawless, just wanted to do bounties and try for helms.

Edit: hit rank 5 on my Hunter, Got 320 boots. Thank you RNG

Sniper experts...
Is Weyloran's March with

Hawkeye SLR15 / Longview SLR10 / Ambush SLH25 + Underdog
+ Quickdraw / Snapshot / Casket Mag
+ Hidden Hand

...worth keeping and infusing?

Edit: hit rank 5 on my Hunter, Got 320 boots. Thank you RNG

Damn it, 4th person to steal my 320 boots this week. I just know golgo challenge tomorrow will again not give me mah boots. :/

Sniper experts...
Is Weyloran's March with

+ Hidden Hand

Keep it for 6v6, use longview and snapshot.

SpecX

Just reached rank 5 on my warlock, heading to the tower for my disappointment. ..

Edit: 320 IB Chest, not bad although would have liked boots or helm instead.

stay gold

Sniper experts...
Is Weyloran's March with

+ Hidden Hand

Longview/Snapshot/Hidden Hand is as good as you can get. It's low impact though so crap for pve & can't res snipe in trials. Good for 6v6 though.

Damn it, 4th person to steal my 320 boots this week. I just know golgo challenge tomorrow will again not give me mah boots.

I stole your amazing RNG!? I feel special :p

Edit: Wow, I am literally one point in light level away from 320 on my hunter. Got 320 everything except my cloak, which is 319....

SpecX

What is up with the nipple chain on the Warlock IB Chest armor?

iron-companion-vestments-400x284.jpg

Sniper experts...
Is Weyloran's March with

+ Hidden Hand

With Longview and hidden hand I think that sniper has the most AA possible right now. Snapshot is really good too.

SpecX

Randoms fucking suck. If I'm in a spot for a kill don't fucking push me out in the open especially when there's a sniper there. I've died so many times today because of this bullshit.

Mindlog

Thanks for the Nightfall help and congrats on the helm!
Small arms is fun. All of my Nightfall runs I ended up with well north of 50% precision kills using Bad Juju.

Also fun: When a weapon drops with Hip Fire & Rangefinder
cHIHGfJ.gif

ocean

Banned
My Scout rifles have a hidden perk that grants enemy snipers extra stability and AA while I shoot them. I've turned many body shots into domes by landing some solid headshots at my enemy while they scope me

/salt

Top Bottom