• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Playing IB with randoms is the worst thing. Playing anything with random is the worst thing. You'll always have someone quit even if you're up. Someone is always lagging whether on your team or the other. And they don't play smart. How hard is it not to run into enemy territory by yourself and got lit up. And then you have the moron who takes heavy ammo without waiting for the team.

Playing IB with randoms is the worst thing. Playing anything with random is the worst thing. You'll always have someone quit even if you're up. Someone is always lagging whether on your team or the other. And they don't play smart. How hard is it not to run into enemy territory by yourself and got lit up. And then you have the moron who takes heavy ammo without waiting for the team.

But matchmaking for raids... :p

hi guys

so I bought TTK! Just logged in, is there anything I should know right off the bat? Any beginner guide that is worth reading? It's been a year since I last played.
I'm not sure if I should use the boost to 25 already or not.
My PSN is Eunoia_R, apparently i'm still part of DestinyGAF EU, but I guess it's not active anymore?

Looking forward to playing with you guys!
Another tip that I would add is that once you progress on you will eventually find yourself with a stash of blue engrams. Do not decrypt them all in a row. The way it works is that when you decrypt an engram it will try to edge your light level up, so it will give a good chance to decrypt at a slightly higher light level than what you already have equipped in that slot. So the best method is to decrypt an engram, check if it's higher than what you currently have, equip if so, then decrypt the next engram. rinse and repeat. This will only work for roughly LL < 295 so great for early/mid game.

Ryan_

Another tip that I would add is that once you progress on you will eventually find yourself with a stash of blue engrams. Do not decrypt them all in a row. The way it works is that when you decrypt an engram it will try to edge your light level up, so it will give a good chance to decrypt at a slightly higher light level than what you already have equipped in that slot. So the best method is to decrypt an engram, check if it's higher than what you currently have, equip if so, then decrypt the next engram. rinse and repeat. This will only work for roughly LL < 295 so great for early/mid game.

Ill keep it in mind! There is so much I still have to learn about the game haha

WipedOut

Ill keep it in mind! There is so much I still have to learn about the game haha
There is a lot to take in. My suggestion would be to see if a fellow gaffer has some time to show you around the game. Show you some of the ins and outs, ask questions ect...

ZeroCoin

Speaking of clans, are there GAF clans? Or do people just mainly do their own thing on that front. Hoping to one day get all the achievements/trophies and the raid and strikes with clan members will definitely be the hardest for me to get.

WeTeHa

Speaking of clans, are there GAF clans? Or do people just mainly do their own thing on that front. Hoping to one day get all the achievements/trophies and the raid and strikes with clan members will definitely be the hardest for me to get.

You can do the raid clan trophy with just 3 people in prison of elders 32+

Deku Tree

The Division is like a test of Bungies philosophy that things shouldn't have MM. Division has MM for everything.

For Destiny, I agree that the Raids shouldn't have MM. But what about everything else? Why couldn't you have a "freelance Trials" playlist for people who just wanted to get their bounties done? Why not have Optional MM for the daily story mission and every other story mission in the game? Why not have MM for the current ridiculously easy NF?

WipedOut

The Division is like a test of Bungies philosophy that things shouldn't have MM. Division has MM for everything.

For Destiny, I agree that the Raids shouldn't have MM. But what about everything else? Why couldn't you have a "freelance Trials" playlist for people who just wanted to get their bounties done? Why not have Optional MM for the daily story mission and every other story mission in the game? Why not have MM for the current ridiculously easy NF?
I agree with everything here. Very well said.

LTWood12

Story missions, weeklies, nightfalls. All that should have MM. I imagine the reason there's no trials MM is that they don't want the pre-made fireteams to have so many pub stomp matches. It would add to the pool of crap teams. I would be totally fine with that, but given how sweaty they want it to be I don't see it happening.

Edit: reread your post. Freelance thing is a good idea. They should definitely do that.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yep.

m2dLPkD.png

I played completely with randoms and had all 3 characters at Rank 5 by noon yesterday with maybe 50 matches in total. My experience hasn't been nearly that bad.

Rewards...

319 Hunter Boots
317 Titan Mark
314 Warlock Chest

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I've been rank five for everybody since Friday. Just playing for fun and gathering up bounties for next IB at this point.

FyreWulff

Nightfall should definitely have MM now in it's current state

My theory about Osiris not having team MM is because they had an elimination mode in Halo and it absolutely bombed in MM due to suicide griefing and people leaving because they didn't want to sit and watch other people play. Hence why Crimson Doubles also didn't have team MM. I think there's probably a bit of institutional fear of allowing randos to play Elimination together for anything with important drops.

Hey, anybody have a surefire way to resolve the cattle error in Destiny? Friend and I were doing some IB and after one match got kicked with the cattle error for the last 20 minutes or so.

Theorry

Is the IB Rocket Launcher bugged or something? Playing whole week. Rank 5 since thursday and still dont have any. And maybe saw it drop 3 times. Wouldnt be surprised if Bungie messed up again..

Tri4

Managed to get a 320 ghost to drop. I'd rather some other piece of armor though, because all my characters have 315+ ghosts and everything else is pretty much under 310.

Top Bottom