• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

nice one Kadey. And thank you for hiding my K/D in that pic.

Haha, its still not the lowest i've seen. A Gaffer who shall not be named pulled a 0.07 the other day

Edit top of the page Warlock master race

CayonQ9W8AAZ71g.jpg

aarcane

IB Rank 5 rewards:

Hunter - 311 Finnala's Peril with a crap roll. Infusion fodder.
Warlock - 318 Finnala's Peril with Rangefinder, Rifled Barrel and Hidden Hand. No Sureshot, but everything else is great and this gun is possibly my new primary.

Tri4

I've never seen a titan look good before, their armor is just so bulky and full of edges. I mean, look at that warlock at the top of the page. A titan could never look that badass. And of course hunters have always looked cool.

Matt Frost

What's noobie about the Ram?

Getting all the help you can have... I guess... I don't know, I am a little bit burned about Warlocks lately... too many of them on Osiris. Their punch is from afar, also burns, a lot, their grenade, the same, burns a lot, their super, same, and have two... there is even a chest that always spawns with full grenade bar. I hope a good nerf is coming soon... every other class and subclass has been nerfed to the ground, time to nerf the remaining one... Bungie, do you read this?

glaurung

Went into Trials yesterday with a scary good player.

All I wanted was the Warlock helm, but ended up hitting Lighthouse and looted a 320 Doctrine of Passing too. Not a perfect roll though.

Getting all the help you can have... I guess... I don't know, I am a little bit burned about Warlocks lately... too many of them on Osiris. Their punch is from afar, also burns, a lot, their grenade, the same, burns a lot, their super, same, and have two... there is even a chest that always spawns with full grenade bar. I hope a good nerf is coming soon... every other class and subclass has been nerfed to the ground, time to nerf the remaining one... Bungie, do you read this?

I don't know i think you could still say the same about most classes to be honest. There are aspects of all three that could still be changed. But i don't play Trials so i don't know what that's like.

From my Iron Banana experience i still hate titans the most, the shoulder charge and the lightning grenade are just bullsh*t.

Matt Frost

I don't know i think you could still say the same about most classes to be honest. There are aspects of all three that could still be changed. But i don't play Trials so i don't know what that's like.

From my Iron Banana experience i still hate titans the most, the shoulder charge and the lightning grenade are just bullsh*t.

Trials lately are teams with 3 radiance Warlocks with that grenades, two of them. Is annoying. I liked it more like before, where people relied on primaries and had more variety. Now everyone uses the same things over and over and over and over...

Shoulder charge can be annoying true, but have to be in range and shotguns kills you anyways, and I also have the lightning grenade as well...

hmm - I think the original post, and mine, were slightly tongue in cheek :)

But that is how I PvP!

I am, almost certainly, a noob. I have played quite a lot of hours, but I still get killed a lot:-

My map traversal is wrong - I don't stay in cover enough.

My tactical awareness is not great - I am getting better at understanding the radar versus the map and where the enemies may be but I don't spend enough time figuring out where my team mates are and which way they are moving.

My aiming thumbskill is not great - I can hit the odd snipe and a lot of TLW body shots but that's about it

My counter-strafing is not great either - I don't jiggle about enough and go in straight lines for too long.

I take pleasure in small victories though - yesterday I managed to get a killing mid air punch on a laggy shotgun-titan that had already moved behind me....felt good! :)

Other classes grenades can be instant kill. Would you rather the firebolt grenade did instant dmg or the DoT it has now?
Even with DoT dmg I still need to shoot you once to confirm the kill.

Personally the fireborn animation needs to be quicker as it leaves us open for too long.
The firebolt DoT should do more dmg but reduce the timer as this allows quicker recovery for the affected.

Oh my god the horror. Your suggested buffs gave me a chuckle.

Also the only nade that insta kills is the incendiary one. And that one needs to be literally right at your feet to do that

Edit: not true, i was thinking of nades that actually take skill, sticky nades are also insta kill and the cheapest way to get a kill in the game.

Tri4

Anyone having perks not activating in iron banner? Hungering blade works like 1/3 of the time. And on my warlock everyone's favourite touch of flame doesn't activate often. As in the guy gets hit by my firebolt but doesn't get the DoT.

Deku Tree

Anyone having perks not activating in iron banner? Hungering blade works like 1/3 of the time. And on my warlock everyone's favourite touch of flame doesn't activate often. As in the guy gets hit by my firebolt but doesn't get the DoT.

Destiny PvP currently has very buggy hit detection. One of the many reasons it's pretty meh right now.

WeTeHa

I've been having trouble with melee attacks in general since the last update, mostly swords, arcblade and titanmelee. Maybe it's the damage referee thingy, because I'm usually a red/yellow bar when playing with US gaffers.

Does anybody know what the referee actually does?

Edit: I also died once with blink strike due to misadventure because I auto aimed a lagging guy and it teleported me through a wall :S

Other classes grenades can be instant kill. Would you rather the firebolt grenade did instant dmg or the DoT it has now?

Personally the fireborn animation needs to be quicker as it leaves us open for too long.
The firebolt DoT should do more dmg but reduce the timer as this allows quicker recovery for the affected.
What in God's name are talking about? Increase the DOT? Stop with that nonsense. The fact that firebolts takes you out of the fight for 10+ seconds is absolutely ridiculous.

Ikkarus

Seems to be quite a lot of warlock hate going on today...

Personally I don't mind the class but if you face off against 3 Sunsingers in trials it can be annoying.

The storm callers super is ok but transcendence pushes it out to OP status. It lasts as long as the previous Sunbreakers super (which got nerfed) so it should get a similar treatment.

People hate firebolts because it stops them camping in corners or just hard scoping all game, if you tried moving around you wouldn't get hit by them so much

What in God's name are talking about? Increase the DOT? Stop with that nonsense. The fact that firebolts takes you out of the fight for 10+ seconds is absolutely ridiculous.

What I mean is keep the overall dmg the same but instead of 7dmg per dot for x amount of seconds. Increase the dmg per dot but reduce the time

People hate firebolts because it stops them camping in corners or just hard scoping all game, if you tried moving around you wouldn't get hit by them so much

For sure dood. Firebolts are what saved this week's map of being just hardscoping snipefests. After all it stops people from camping and hardscoping so this is definitely what happened. No camping this week at all. No sir.

Top Bottom