• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

I like the way you reason Mehr. Would love to hear some thoughts on why Thorn needs a year 2 version AND a buff. We all know we want it.

My thoughts on Trials this week:
Guardian.gg gave a 80% useage rate for the 1k stare I think. How is it snipers are not getting the Suros (and all ARs at that) Y1 nerf treatment? Boggles my mind.

Nothing is dirtier than a shade stepping nightstalker poison smoke vortex nade combo. Nothing.

Edit:
Would post a triple tripmine kill in Trials if I wasn't on mobile.

LTWood12

I like the way you reason Mehr. Would love to hear some thoughts on why Thorn needs a year 2 version AND a buff. We all know we want it.

My thoughts on Trials this week:
Guardian.gg gave a 80% useage rate for the 1k stare I think. How is it snipers are not getting the Suros (and all ARs at that) Y1 nerf treatment? Boggles my mind.

Nothing is dirtier than a shade stepping nightstalker poison smoke vortex nade combo. Nothing.

It's what they were going for w/ the special ammo nerf. It didn't help.

It's what they were going for w/ the special ammo nerf. It didn't help.

Icebreaker shenanigans aside, it was a bad nerf in the first place. It literally only makes a difference in the first round. Any team with the tiniest bit of coordination will get 1 or 2 special boxes by round 2, which equals to at least 12 sniper rounds. Meh.

Give me my shotties back already.

Lnkn52

Icebreaker shenanigans aside, it was a bad nerf in the first place. It literally only makes a difference in the first round. Any team with the tiniest bit of coordination will get 1 or 2 special boxes by round 2, which equals to at least 12 sniper rounds. Meh.

Give me my shotties back already.
Yup, forget about your primary skills.

It's all about Secondary, Heavy, melee and grenade skills.

Today is the last day of my 20s. I'm kind of sad. Julia Voth can make me happy.... haha

All the birthdays, here at DGAF! Grats, man. I hope your 30s treat you well.

VVVVV
My 30s have been great. I finally "know who I am" and that's been huge, outside of anything else going on in my life.

Are we doing tripmine gifs? Gunslinger master race. Super OP tripmines.
J6OM51o.gif

I was there, man. I was there.

I agree, unless it has a PR RoF but still. I don't like aiming for the body unless they're already weak. And every once and a while you run into a warlock that self rez. Good luck with that revive snipe! Even in Crimson Doubles, I switched back to 1kYS from trying Her Benevolence. Just way too used to it.

Your new face X... oh my o_O

Well the warlock posts really got the conversation going!

IMHO everyone (who has played a lot) has access to all the same stuff, so I don't see too much bother in certain things being a bit more overpowered compared to other things.

If something is significantly OP, so that everyone has to use it, then it's an issue...but IMHO sunsingers and firebolt grenades are not in that camp. There are a lot of people in Trials NOT running the ramlock and doing fine....it's not massively OP.

Outside of trials, when self-res is pretty pointless, then the sunsinger has much less of an advantage. Don't forget the mega floaty jump which is useless for evading/escaping fire.

Imagine a sunsinger with blink, and that melee? oh boy!

I think a LOT of people (myself included) just really dislike dying to any kind of DoT effect, as it's psychologically really annoying. You know you're going to die, and there's nothing you can do, and that feeling is prolonged for a relatively long period of time.

I can't even defend Warlocks anymore, they are broken. Just wish they were a better option for PVE. BUT I have been playing Nightstalker/Bladedancer again and I have really like using my hunter for most of the stuff I do in Destiny now.

All the birthdays, here at DGAF! Grats, man. I hope your 30s treat you well.

VVVVV
My 30s have been great. I finally "know who I am" and that's been huge, outside of anything else going on in my life.

Thanks John! Yea, I made a lot of dumb mistakes in my 20s, primarily mid-20s. I'm slowly rectifying those mistakes now. I was one of those people that knew how to give excellent advice and solve other people's problems, but I couldn't follow it sometimes myself.

Don't worry, you'll look back at your 20s as an awesome time.

I'm looking back at my 30s, thinking, it's all downhill from here.

:X That doesn't sound good!

Ahh! 30s are great man! DGAF growing up!

Here's to hoping!

Your new face X... oh my o_O

I have to look good going into my 30s hahaha

maomaoIYP

Damn Feetie. You make it look so easy.

Hunter is my worst class by far, but I love having double trip mines. Pantheon used to be my most hated Trials map until Y2 + Young Ahamkara's Spine.

Warlocks are my worst class by far. I never know what I'm doing and always end up wasting my grenades and my super. =(

Warlocks are my worst class by far. I never know what I'm doing and always end up wasting my grenades and my super. =(

I main a warlock and I feel like that sometimes too. I've been trying to run Radiant Skin more instead of self revive. I'm often perplexed that a lot of top level streamers feel the revive is so weak. I think folks are just bad about using it at the right time. I love doing a self revive in the midst of chaos and throwing grenades everywhere.

Damn Feetie. You make it look so easy.

Hunter is my worst class by far, but I love having double trip mines. Pantheon used to be my most hated Trials map until Y2 + Young Ahamkara's Spine.

We had a random Mayhem Clash fun run a while back. I just went with young ahamkara spines and full discipline in the smaller maps, instead of focussing on the supers. You get a tripmine every 5 seconds and they will stick to the wall half the match. Got more tripmine kills than anything else in some games.

I main a warlock and I feel like that sometimes too. I've been trying to run Radiant Skin more instead of self revive. I'm often perplexed that a lot of top level streamers feel the revive is so weak. I think folks are just bad about using it at the right time. I love doing a self revive in the midst of chaos and throwing grenades everywhere.

self rez is bad because you have almost no armor and generally when people revive, they are just killed right away by a sniper

you really need a nice distraction for self-rez to be effective. if you are the last one alive in trials, die, then rez, it's pretty pointless

Speaking of warlocks anyone have any tips for the last step in completing the quest for the sunsinger emblem? I'm waiting for a mayhem playlist but they haven't showed up in a while. Figure I'll just chuck around firebolts with HOPF on.

Matt Frost

I'd say being able throw an accurate firebolt has a skill factor, its not as if you have to aimlessly launch them around the map to get free kills. Picking your spot carefully and hitting the bullseye is what its all about

A well placed lightning grenade or Tripmine can wipe a team as well,. People just get salty with firebolts as they've been outplayed by a skilfully placed grenade

Edit and its nowhere near 20ft, geometry fucks it up as well

You can see a Tripmine from 100 feet, and a Lightning is as easy as just evade it. Firebolts is way more OP than those combined, they can wipe whole teams, you cant evade it in time like the other grenades, you just cant do anything, and after the firebolt the other team comes rushing. They should deal less damage or at least less range. And never two. 3 warlocks trowing firebolts at you is insane. And the reason of the moving campers away is not valid. Teams collide and firebolt make a huge impact alone on the result.

My IB is done.

Rank 5 on Titan:

314 Bretomart's Stand

310 Shell

Rank 5 on Warlock:

314 Finnala's Peril

310 Shell

:/

Well, after this IB I can safely say that I enjoyed IB Rift the most (*gasp*).
Since I don't play PvP usually other than dailys and IB, I prefer teamwork-based IB's more and Rift was an amazing experience. :)

Think I'm done with Destiny on a daily basis. I'll probably play with my 3rd char (Hunter) from now on and try to level him up as much as I can.
The Divison is around to corner, not to mention that I have to finish The Witcher 3 (at ~90hrs and nowhere near done).

30's aren't that bad, though I'm not the kinda guy that gets too hung up on age. My significant other, on the other hand, is probably going to lose her mind as she turns 35 this year. I really enjoy flaunting my youth at her, as she's a few years older than me. :D

I got a 317 chest for my Warlock in the Rank 5 package. I'm okay with that.

Edit: I've been done with daily Destiny for a bit now, but I really think that Iron Banner is the only thing that's going to draw me back until the new content drops. The Division is coming out soon, and I've still got 3 LEGO games to Platinum.

Matt Frost

For sure dood. Firebolts are what saved this week's map of being just hardscoping snipefests. After all it stops people from camping and hardscoping so this is definitely what happened. No camping this week at all. No sir.

Well said, I saw a lot of warlocks.... but no camping. Yeah sure. Whatever...

mehrmantrout, waiting for you to clarify your camping theory... as in completely invalid...

stay gold

Speaking of warlocks anyone have any tips for the last step in completing the quest for the sunsinger emblem? I'm waiting for a mayhem playlist but they haven't showed up in a while. Figure I'll just chuck around firebolts with HOPF on.

Radiance multi-kills?

Use Radiant Skin not self-res. Pop behind cover, slap the first person you see and use your now ridiculous level of health to push other enemies with firebolts. Don't forget you can use your guns as normal in radiance, with the buffs you receive you can win any 1v1 gunfight with ease.

Well said, I saw a lot of warlocks.... but no camping. Yeah sure. Whatever...

mehrmantrout, waiting for you to clarify your camping theory... as in completely invalid...

Exhibit 1 from trials this weekend, I had loads more but only saved that clip as I punched someone through a wall just after

You'll notice I skilfully aimed past the guy to make sure the grenade tagged him (if I would have thrown it closer it would have hit the door and not tagged him), let it burn him then punched him to get a flame shield for the revive, turning the round from a 2v3 to a 3v2 and winning it

giphy.gif

Top Bottom