• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

What's the last step? Mayhem rumbles up at the moment

Radiance multi-kills, didn't notice there was a mayhem playlist, although control and clash would probably be the best to have more players grouped up.

Radiance multi-kills?

Use Radiant Skin not self-res. Pop behind cover, slap the first person you see and use your now ridiculous level of health to push other enemies with firebolts. Don't forget you can use your guns as normal in radiance, with the buffs you receive you can win any 1v1 gunfight with ease.

Ahh, for some reason I thought gun kills wouldn't count, only melee and grenade kills. If they do count then that makes it better.

Thanks

Radiance multi-kills, didn't notice there was a mayhem playlist, although control and clash would probably be the best to have more players grouped up.

Ahh, for some reason I thought gun kills wouldn't count, only melee and grenade kills. If they do count then that makes it better.

Thanks

Radiant skin and punch people or as said shooting people whilst in it works

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
7 D A Y Z B O Y Z

Let the countdown commence!

A GraveRobber is Resurrecting come next week
A Doctor kept me on life support, but I'm Sunsinging my ass back to being a Legend soon enough

I have such a fucking backlog, but Destiny fun time first

Good to hear Grave! Never got to play with you on here, (I showed up on here right after HM Crota dropped.) but would love to get a chance to talk to you man! :p

Remember boys Monday is sweat day in Trials now. Be warned.

Last night (uk time) trials was easy, didn't come across anyone with an ELO above 1300. Then as soon as it hit 11pm every match I played was the sweatiest match ever. No ELO below 1500. Even on fresh cards. I think the EU pool of players dried up by them as I was getting to 8 wins easily then getting unlucky with final bosses from about 7pm till 10pm.

After that I seemed to get matched with streamers and people using potatoes for routers.

th3dude

I need a 1000 yard stare.

Apparently there's a quest line that gives you one (Taken War Earth) and there is a vendor one.

Which one should I get based on rolls?

Edit: I want one for PvP primarily.

Last night (uk time) trials was easy, didn't come across anyone with an ELO above 1300. Then as soon as it hit 11pm every match I played was the sweatiest match ever. No ELO below 1500. Even on fresh cards. I think the EU pool of players dried up by them as I was getting to 8 wins easily then getting unlucky with final bosses from about 7pm till 10pm.

After that I seemed to get matched with streamers and people using potatoes for routers.

That's because all the American tryhards came online while everyone else watched the Oscars.

ocean

Banned
Watching PvP players do PvE stuff is hilarious.

War is streaming his PS4 grind and they're doing a Dreadnaught mission where one of those platforms spawns for you to jump on. His teammates lead the way. He's like

"Who wtf how did you guys know this? I would never have figured out how to get across"

WipedOut

Played some IB over on XB during lunch, just trying to get to R3 for the hunter Gloves so I don't have to use these stupid Raid arms. Anyway, why can't I play like this all the time? Side note, I am playing on a New TV which is smaller and has a better refresh rate.

Xbox
Capture.png

PS4 from last night:
Capture.png

7 D A Y Z B O Y Z

Let the countdown commence!

A GraveRobber is Resurrecting come next week
A Doctor kept me on life support, but I'm Sunsinging my ass back to being a Legend soon enough

I have such a fucking backlog, but Destiny fun time first

Daaamn, didn't realize it was gonna be that soon! Great to hear my man, we can finally have some party chats with Drizzay and GraveRobber where I won't be on both accounts, lol.

You got a sweet 320 Crimson ghost waiting for you along with all the other stuff. You got so much loot I was starting to run into some vault management issues, haha. I wanted to leave most of the sorting up to you, you've got a ton of high quality goods now.

I need a 1000 yard stare.

Apparently there's a quest line that gives you one (Taken War Earth) and there is a vendor one.

Which one should I get based on rolls?

Edit: I want one for PvP primarily.

Taken War Earth version is best for PvP. It's a great roll, same one Krafty and many other players including myself use.

War is streaming his PS4 grind and they're doing a Dreadnaught mission where one of those platforms spawns for you to jump on. His teammates lead the way. He's like

"Who wtf how did you guys know this? I would never have figured out how to get across"

Type !warpve into chat, shits hilarious there was also a !warpve2 but it got lost. He got smashed by a piston on his first second jumping puzzle attempt

Matt Frost

Exhibit 1 from trials this weekend, I had loads more but only saved that clip as I punched someone through a wall just after

You'll notice I skilfully aimed past the guy to make sure the grenade tagged him (if I would have thrown it closer it would have hit the door and not tagged him), let it burn him then punched him to get a flame shield for the revive, turning the round from a 2v3 to a 3v2 and winning it

giphy.gif

After getting hit with that grenade what do you expect? Him to be waiting for you with that health? LOL, you just dont/cant see it...

I never seen anyone camp there and played A LOT of games this weekend on that horrible map. Also, my guess is that the other one was killed with the other grenade.

Bungie, please nerf Radiance Warlocks as you have done with every other class... simple as that lol

phen0m24

Team Geriatric!

Get off my lawn

OldGAF, reporting for duty.

Har Har at least you still have killer reflexes

I was 4 when it came out :p

I knew I liked you

And here I thought I was the oldest when age was brought up on a fun run raid. You've got roughly 10 years on me :p.

Because I act like I'm 12, Comet lol

<,< what's a drive in?

kidding!

They were so great! :)

INTERMISSION. :)

Thanks

Radiance multi-kill is the easiest one so far. Pop super and throw firebolts while slapping everyone.

Is it always the same roll or is it random?

Always the same.

edit ^ yep, always same roll for quest reward weapons

the roll sucks. it just has short gaze which is why people use it

It doesn't remotely suck. It has shortgaze (best scope imo), last resort (great for Trials, especially doing carries like Krafty or myself where you frequently end up last guardian standing), range boost which increases accuracy and firefly which helps for double kills or body shot clean ups.

Sure, I'd love a shortgaze, snapshot, hidden hand roll but the Cryptarch hates me. I don't know if snapshot would actually be better than a range boost anyway, so you're basically talking about hidden hand vs. firefly which is a reasonable trade-off. The perk pool is slim pickings, especially the first perk slot. Not gonna get much better than the quest reward roll especially since it's a guaranteed drop.

Hope you get a Jill sandwich for your 30th.

Hahaha I'd die a happy man.

Happy Birthday!

20s have been good.

Thanks! I'm enjoying these last 12 hours... At work Hahaha.

I turned 30 last Monday, feels weird man! Happy birthday.

It does feel weird. 30 seems so much oldee than 29 haha.

You old fart.

<3

I'm joining the thirty club in exactly one month. The last few years just flew by.

Happy birthday old man

Nice! Indeed. Time just keeps going by faster and faster each year.

I got that exact gun from a blue engram, lol. I wish I could give it to more capable hands. My sniping game is still pretty bad.

Damn! Jelly

I've got QuickDraw and have to take it off as the range boost with reinforced is more beneficial

Hmm, still good!

Haha I saw him rage at Golgy and rage quit. Then played PvP skirmish and said ahh this is so much easier, don't need to think at all

IB rank 5 packages were quite kind to me this time round.

320 chest piece on hunter
320 boots on titan
317 fusion rifle on warlock

6v6 is so trash though, so glad I went from rank 0-5 in 3 games on my titan.

Shadestep beats firebolts. Shadestep > blink.

For evasion? Absolutely. For getting through a map and putting some distance between you and the other team in a 1v3 so you can set up a choke point? Blink is still king.

Also mehrman that gif of yours has nothing to do with what you said that is firebolts prevent people from camping and hardscoping all the time. Thats a 101 grenade throw ("skillfully"...) at someone that has no way of getting out of the nade range so you can then rush him with a melee (which btw ends up in a trade more often than not if the other guy has a shotgun) and finish him off. To show what you mentioned it would have to be a entire match of a team doing the same thing every round (setting up a hardscoping camp and staying put) and you tagging them with firebolts and collapsing on them immediately with your team. And even then that would be a useless showcase since in the end that case would not be representative of the whole trials spectrum this weekend which is definitely just camp and snipe (even teams with sunsingers). But i disgress, this grenade talk is not going anywhere.

Kyoufu

320 boots on titan

3v3 modes aren't much better at the moment. MG ammo ruins Skirmish/Salvage.

320 boots on titan

320 machine gun for infusion (like i need any more 320 heavies)
312 machine gun with good perks
319 boots mega troll

Happy birthday X. Is your birthday actually on the 29th?

Thanks Ruffles! It's on March 1st :p

February is the month that gets the leap day instead of December because the last month of the Roman Calendar was February. The Roman calendar began with March, why? because the Romans thought it was too much hassle to take into account leap days, so they just started their calendar on the Vernal Equinox. Since the first month was the start of Spring, Mars was the official god. (March = Mars. Mars is the god of Agriculture and War, two things that you don't do in Winter.) So that's also why October (8) is the 10th month and December (10) is the 12th month. Eventually the Romans met up with other civilizations and got on the ball, actually keeping track of all 12 months.

My wife is 37 weeks pregnant and started the day by saying to me "I will not have a leap day baby!"

Matt Frost

For evasion? Absolutely. For getting through a map and putting some distance between you and the other team in a 1v3 so you can set up a choke point? Blink is still king.

Also mehrman that gif of yours has nothing to do with what you said that is firebolts prevent people from camping and hardscoping all the time. Thats a 101 grenade throw ("skillfully"...) at someone that has no way of getting out of the nade range so you can then rush him with a melee (which btw ends up in a trade more often than not if the other guy has a shotgun) and finish him off. To show what you mentioned it would have to be a entire match of a team doing the same thing every round (setting up a hardscoping camp and staying put) and you tagging them with firebolts and collapsing on them immediately with your team. And even then that would be a useless showcase since in the end that case would not be representative of the whole trials spectrum this weekend which is definitely just camp and snipe (even teams with sunsingers). But i disgress, this grenade talk is not going anywhere.

I learned that mehrmantrout cant be reasoned with, or have a regular conversation with, he just throws words out of his mouth with no further explanation or reason behind it. Just ignore him

Top Bottom