• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Holy crap. I just now realized that the sound effect from a hammer is different depending on if its your team on now.

The hammer activation has two noises, as best as I can describe them they are

TINKKK

and

THUNKK

The higher pitched hammer is an enemy hammer. The lower pitched is friendly.

I haven't 100% tested this, but the last 3 games of Iron Banner are pointing in this direction.

vctor182

Well it took me some time to adjust to the new sniper rifle meta. I have, IMO, a good 1k Yard Stare with Ambush, Life Support, PB/RB and Outlaw and a great Eirene RR4 with Faucon, Outlaw, Quickdraw and Unflinching but I was bad with them, lossing most of my battles, missing shots... it was awful.

But this IB I gave the Stillpiercer a try and what a difference did it make! Headshots, double kills, taking down hammer bros, my KD kept above 1.5. it made sniping fun to me so I guess that the search for perfect rolls is not that necessary, the weapon needs to feel good in your hands.

Tri4

Well it took me some time to adjust to the new sniper rifle meta. I have, IMO, a good 1k Yard Stare with Ambush, Life Support, PB/RB and Outlaw and a great Eirene RR4 with Faucon, Outlaw, Quickdraw and Unflinching but I was bad with them, lossing most of my battles, missing shots... it was awful.

But this IB I gave the Stillpiercer a try and what a difference did it make! Headshots, double kills, taking down hammer bros, my KD kept above 1.5. it made sniping fun to me so I guess that the search for perfect rolls is not that necessary, the weapon needs to feel good in your hands.
Yeah stillpiercer is the gun that truly got me into sniping. I was using 1kYS before that and got frustrated at how bad I was doing. Definitely a great feeling gun, shame it's hunter exclusive
psyche I'm glad you lesser classes have no access to it

Try to listen to the supers. After a while you know wich super makes wich sound. And you can act on that. Create distance to stormtrance and bladedancer and try to bait gunslingers, titan hammers into small rooms where you can shotgun them or pre nade them. Every super has it weakness and like i said hearing wich super it is before they see you or something really helps to act on it.

Darn. I play with the sound off because I'm in the room with my family. Do their supers buff them or make them near invincible? I always see them tearing through people. I'm currently rocking a titan with the slam fists.

PS4 share is pretty boss. I'm also enjoying remote play on my vita.

Theorry

Darn. I play with the sound off because I'm in the room with my family. Do their supers buff them or make them near invincible? I always see them tearing through people. I'm currently rocking a titan with the slam fists.

PS4 share is pretty boss. I'm also enjoying remote play on my vita.

Depends on the super really. Gunslingers are easy to kill because they dont get really extra armor when the activate. But most other supers have extra armor. One more then the other.

Holy crap. I just now realized that the sound effect from a hammer is different depending on if its your team on now.

The hammer activation has two noises, as best as I can describe them they are

TINKKK

and

THUNKK

The higher pitched hammer is an enemy hammer. The lower pitched is friendly.

I haven't 100% tested this, but the last 3 games of Iron Banner are pointing in this direction.

Should be easy to test. One match in Classic Rumble playing against you, one as your teammate in Skirmish, and one where you pop your own hammer.

WeTeHa

Everythings teleporting for me like crazy :(

Holy shit I shot guy with truth head on and he took 38 damage, turns around and gives me a sniper headshot. What is going on?

Alright, now that I've got my light to 306 what's the next step besides heroic Kings Fall?

Kings Fall hard or IB are pretty much the only activities that give out 310+ gear regularly. Trials will give you 310+ primaries for lighthouse rewards but that's about it. If you have no interest in hard kings Fall though there isn't much point in worrying too much about light level.

aarcane

8pChM2R.jpg

I got this from the IB rank 5 package for my Warlock. Thought I'd give it a try in the crucible:

O1zQ5Nc.jpg

Better than I expected. Just for some context, my previous best crucible kills total was 23 (I'm not all that great at PvP). This feels just like a Year 1 hand cannon, decent range and the bullets go where you're aiming. If only they were all still like this one. It will definitely be my go-to primary from now on.

I got this from the IB rank 5 package for my Warlock. Thought I'd give it a try in the crucible:

Better than I expected. Just for some context, my previous best crucible kills total was 23 (I'm not all that great at PvP). This feels just like a Year 1 hand cannon, decent range and the bullets go where you're aiming. If only they were all still like this one. It will definitely be my go-to primary from now on.

Finala and Eyasluna are the only 2 legendary HC's I like in year 2.

Acrylic7

jumping into Destiny after like a year to see whats changed and everything so different its intimidating lol.
I don't know whats going on

Frenden

Banned
8pChM2R.jpg

O1zQ5Nc.jpg

That's literally (actually literally) the best possible Y2 hand cannon roll on the best possible candidate to get it on (Finalla and Eyas are the two you'd want this on). You hit the range cap at 62 and still get a buff past it with Rangefinder. And Hidden Hand. I have this same roll minus Rangefinder and it wrecks.

Can I buy your PSN account?

WeTeHa

Nice one :p I'll join you guys tomorrow for the raid. I'm up for doing it twice. Just let me know a time frame.

I'm good to go anytime between reset and 6pm EST. Shoot me a message when you're online and we'll start looking for more people.

Will try to get either totems or golg cp.

aarcane

Finala and Eyasluna are the only 2 legendary HC's I like in year 2.

Still waiting for an Eyasluna to drop. The rolls on the other hand cannons I received in Year 2 were mostly awful. I had a previous Finnala's Peril roll (Sureshot/Underdog/Third Eye) that was merely OK until I switched from Braced Frame to Rifled Barrel after reading about it here and got improved results almost immediately. My new FP is even better.

8pChM2R.jpg

O1zQ5Nc.jpg

Actual post game Iron Banner drops, exclusive to Xbox One it seems.

I'm jealous of that hand cannon roll, all the ones I get are garbage.

aarcane

That's literally (actually literally) the best possible Y2 hand cannon roll on the best possible candidate to get it on (Finalla and Eyas are the two you'd want this on). You hit the range cap at 62 and still get a buff past it with Rangefinder. And Hidden Hand. I have this same roll minus Rangefinder and it wrecks.

Cool. It feels great to use, just like a hand cannon should. By the way, I think it's you I have to thank for the suggestion in this thread about going with range instead of stability on hand cannons. I swapped Braced Frame for Rifled Barrel on a previous Finnala's Peril drop that I was using and haven't looked back since. So thanks for that.

Can I buy your PSN account?

Of course you can. Only thing is, I play on Xbox.

maomaoIYP

The rage hasn't fully hit DGAF yet. I need an up close and personal shotgun for maximum annoyance the normal melee does 124 with the boost it will do 155

Back when triple wreck was rerolling his shotgun he said he had tested up close and personal and that the perk was bugged and the extra damage didn't proc. Not sure if thats true though.
Up close and personal procs only with regular ranged melees. I have it on my trials shotgun which I use for my full Str-claws Stormcaller. If it proc-ed on throwing knives I'd all over it. The best melee it can proc with is the blink strike.

WeTeHa

Fuck that. People eating nades and super hammers without taking damage, an entire magazine of doctrine without anything happening, then they teleport to the other side of the map. good god.

WeTeHa

I think it means time for you to call it a day XD

Weteha, was it you who said completing POE counts towards the flawless raider trophy?

Yeah I already left.

Don't know about flawless raider, but you can get the clan raider trophy in PoE 32+. You only need 3 people instead of 6.

Don't think the flawless works, but I haven't tried.

Highwind

Aight I think I am going to call it a day for Iron Banner.

Last Clash was fun. This was campy as hell. I hate what the Crucible has become.

Anyone wanna try for 5 trials wins x2?

Namikaze1

Igor, Frenden, Drizz...Heroic strikes for exotic class items? I need 4 strikes.
I spent a few hours Saturday doing ten for the warlock FWC exotic bond. Shit took a while since I had randoms leaving in certain strikes, two just fucking around at the end of one strike and just leaving me to deal with all the ads in this one room, and getting shitty strikes all around. Thank god for IB. Made the 10 crucible wins easy.

I spent a few hours Saturday doing ten for the warlock FWC exotic bond. Shit took a while since I had randoms leaving in certain strikes, two just fucking around at the end of one strike and just leaving me to deal with all the ads in this one room, and getting shitty strikes all around. Thank god for IB. Made the 10 crucible wins easy.

Randoms are the worst. On the plus side, Frenden showed me how much fun Ruin Wings + Defender + Dragons Breath is in PvE

Top Bottom