• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Frenden

Banned
Randoms are the worst. On the plus side, Frenden showed me how much fun Ruin Wings + Defender + Dragons Breath is in PvE

Backdraft.jpg

It truly is the way, the truth, and the light.

Can't make it on tonight--the usual weekend with the Missus stuff extended into Monday for me as she has it off. I'll be on tomorrow, but if you have a chance to close them out, go for it!

Thought you would message me on psn ape, wasnt checking the thread. :p

You are probably already close to being done, i'll do it sometime, someday...

psylah

There's something about the team deathmatch that makes me suck at PVP. I need objectives to head for, in deathmatch I just wander into the barrel of someone's shotgun over and over. I'm lucky if my KD is even positive this IB.

WipedOut

Anyone on tonight (PS4) that can help me get the trials hunter helmet?

10 IB games in a row with positive K/D on the new TV. Gotta be the tv right?

I've never had so many connection issues before in Destiny as I have this past weekend playing Trials. It's absurd. There's absolutely nothing wrong with my internet and I'm getting red bars in multiple matches.

Hahaha they finally added the reminder:

CcbUu4SUAAAgjFw.jpg:large

I've never had so many connection issues before in Destiny as I have this past weekend playing Trials. It's absurd. There's absolutely nothing wrong with my internet and I'm getting red bars in multiple matches.

Same, welcome to my world. Optimal matchmaking now works for US only :p

8pChM2R.jpg

I got this from the IB rank 5 package for my Warlock.

My god, it's full of stars. God I wish I would get a good roll of those guns. My imago loop roll is crap with hot swap and Icarus. My eyasluna is a bit better pve wise with triple, hammer, and Mulligan. Man, my only lucky legendary rolls have been armsday rewards... I'm so jealous.

WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH THE SERVERS

I lost connection 3 times in a single game, resetting my score to 0 each time... and then I was rewarded at the end of the match with a 318 ghost lol

Thanks for the help Sushi. Got my NM Titan butt towel. Sorry we finished before you had a chance to hop on Igor. Hopefully this Friday's Trials map will be one I want to play more.

So, just missing one NM ship and all the FWC shaders and emblems. I don't think I'll ever get 3x faction exotic on all chars however...

Does anyone know the conversion of heavy to faction rank up by chance? I have 900+ SC I could drop on Xur for heavy this weekend

pantsmith

Anyone up for NM Kings Fall? I've got a group of two going and we're open to first timers

Send a message to psn: pantsmith

Edit - just filled up

ocean

Banned
Thanks for the help Sushi. Got my NM Titan butt towel. Sorry we finished before you had a chance to hop on Igor. Hopefully this Friday's Trials map will be one I want to play more.

So, just missing one NM ship and all the FWC shaders and emblems. I don't think I'll ever get 3x faction exotic on all chars however...

Does anyone know the conversion of heavy to faction rank up by chance? I have 900+ SC I could drop on Xur for heavy this weekend
100 Heavy (~34 SC) = 1 Rank IIRC

Shiv47

Every time I play Iron Banner, I wonder why afterwards, as the rewards have again been complete shit. Waiting to start until later in the week is the best possible way of doing IB, as I only played 44 games to get all three characters to rank 5. Had 3 IB drops in those 44 games, all junk. All 3 rank 5 rewards were worthless. I guess I'm the dumbshit, I keep playing, after all.

ocean

Banned
Every time I play Iron Banner, I wonder why afterwards, as the rewards have again been complete shit. Waiting to start until later in the week is the best possible way of doing IB, as I only played 44 games to get all three characters to rank 5. Had 3 IB drops in those 44 games, all junk. All 3 rank 5 rewards were worthless. I guess I'm the dumbshit, I keep playing, after all.
To have some fun playing? That's the only reason to do anything in the game tbh, I think it should be clear by now if you're motivated by loot this game will very very rarely feel satisfying.

Frenden

Banned
Ammo synths have the worst conversion rate, use weapon parts instead.

That doesn't help with wanting to spend strange coins though :p

Heavy ammo synths bought with strange coins are the cheapest way to level up factions assuming you have a store of them. I used mine to level almost all characters x3 to 25 for faction items and it wasn't that bad.

350 Strange Coins will get you your next closest exotic, Dead Orbit, on your Titan, Ape.

http://destiny.neonblack.moe/reputation/#ps=dirtyaquaticape&3=do

Use this calculator for rep. Where it lists strange coins, they assume you know they mean strange coins used to buy heavy ammo from Xur.

Deku Tree

Heavy ammo synths bought with strange coins are the cheapest way to level up factions assuming you have a store of them. I used mine to level almost all characters x3 to 25 for faction items and it wasn't that bad..

Leveling three characters to rank 25 3x using heavy synth costs 7500 sc. In year one it cost 4,500 sc. "Wasn't that bad"?

Frenden

Banned
Leveling three characters to rank 25 3x using heavy synth costs 7500 sc. In year one it cost 4,500 sc. "Wasn't that bad"?

I didn't say it wasn't bad compared to year one costs. All I did was offer the current cheapest, quickest way. Don't use it if ya ain't got it.

Igor, Frenden, Drizz...Heroic strikes for exotic class items? I need 4 strikes.

Yo, sorry I missed you. Haven't Destiny'ed since our Trials runs. One of these days I'll run heroic strikes w DGAF. I can't bring myself to bother w randoms.

Yeah I already left.

Don't know about flawless raider, but you can get the clan raider trophy in PoE 32+. You only need 3 people instead of 6.

Don't think the flawless works, but I haven't tried.

Flawless raider does not work in PoE, only raid party trophy. Just do normal Crota's End for flawless, it's easy even w 2 people who are familiar w the raid.

I've improved so much, not by any increased thumb skill, but by playing smarter. Granted a lot of that is experience, knowing how to react to certain situations.

Even aside from smarts or experience, it's about mindfulness. You don't need to know the TTK's or the perks for each gun in the meta. You don't need 1300 hours played. Just a little awareness as you play. Now, in a game with Kill Times at about ~1 second, it's hard to actually find awareness. But you'd be amazed how often you die when you take a fight where you've already lost your shields or you ran head first into a shotgunner because you weren't paying attention to engagement distances. If I asked you now if you'd do that, you'd say of course not! Finding that mindfulness in game is hard, but will up your game so much. Or at least it has mine.

So as you play, ask yourself what you're doing right now.

Namikaze1

It feels like whenever IB is up, shit gets worse than the last time it was up. I had problems the previous IB but not to the extent I had with it this time around. Lag was so bad this time around. Still isn't as bad as that time IB was up where you didn't even get rep points from matches for a long ass while.

Eh. Just one more month of Destiny for me anyway. I wish it was April 12th already. At least I'll have the Uncharted 4 Open Beta this weekend (this is gonna be such a fun birthday weekend)

int/disc Hunter gloves with nade throw and HC reload, I didn't know those are gloves Salad is selling.

First Rank 5 package = 311 Chest with Fusion reload, YES!

When I slide around the corner and pull the trigger on my shotgun and nothing happens, is that a known glitch? Is it input lag from the controller.

Or I pull the trigger and my character looks down?

I have been getting that a lot with shotguns. It's so frustrating. Would a new controller help? I am going to break this one soon. Rage is building.

Top Bottom