• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

NeOak

This is bungies way of nerfing how long storm trance lasts

himZD0M.gif

ocean

Banned
When I slide around the corner and pull the trigger on my shotgun and nothing happens, is that a known glitch? Is it input lag from the controller.

Or I pull the trigger and my character looks down?

I have been getting that a lot with shotguns. It's so frustrating. Would a new controller help? I am going to break this one soon. Rage is building.
Shotguns have received all sorts of weird nerfs, including some to mitigate readiness speed coming out of sprint and so on. You just gotta get a hang of the timing.

3x Rank 5 packages

311 Chest with Fusion reload, YES!
314 Boots with Shotgun/MG, YES AGAIN!!
310 Boots with Fusion Rifle, YES x3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All Trash tier rewards. 0 Guns. LE SIGH.

IB wasn't worth it. I had fun in 1 or 2 trains, but that's about it.

Rehsa

Catching up on the thread. Happy birthday Xplicit, Ape, Unstabie and Nami!

My Hunter rank 5 gave me 315 boots which I needed so that was cool

Titan rank 5 was 316 HC with last resort, hammer forged/reinforced barrel, army of one

Warlock rank 5 was 313 HC with rescue mag, reinforced barrel, Mulligan

Meh, first one could be OK or nah?

Namikaze1

Catching up on the thread. Happy birthday Xplicit, Ape, Unstabie and Nami!

My Hunter rank 5 gave me 315 boots which I needed so that was cool

Titan rank 5 was 316 HC with last resort, hammer forged/reinforced barrel, army of one

Warlock rank 5 was 313 HC with rescue mag, reinforced barrel, Mulligan

Meh, first one could be OK or nah?
ain't my birthday for another few more days :p

Shotguns have received all sorts of weird nerfs, including some to mitigate readiness speed coming out of sprint and so on. You just gotta get a hang of the timing.
Ok, maybe it is related to finishing a sprint. I definitely noticed the deadness after blinking but not sure if I knew about the sprint.

It feels so ridiculous. Such a weird nerf. Very inconsistent feeling.

Thanks.

NastyBook

Just got matched in an IB game where the majority of the players were from Puerto Rico. That was either indicated by their names or their clan tags. GG, Bungie.

Lol I just had an itch to play Trials before it goes away. Nothing going on here so looking on lfg.

1800+ Elo and 1.6k/d will be looking at stats.
Another one had 1800 Elo and 1.0+ KD. Either way, fuck!

vctor182

Weird, I can handle the recoil of TLW better with Aggressive Ballistics and SPS. I thought the low stability would throw my aim off but it just goes a little bit higher and not to the sideways

Wasn't going to rank up a second character (my Titan) but glad I decided to start last night. Finished the bounty with kills with primary, special and heavy this afternoon and went from rank 3 1/2 to 5. Got the 318 iron boots from Lord Salad.

Dez_

Didn't get much for my IB troubles. 310 Nirwen's Mercy with the half glass full perk or whatever the name was and a 314 IB Waistcloth for my Titan. Oh well. I'll at least give the pulse rifle a shot and see how that plays in crucible.

I spent my last 45 minutes of my 20s looking for a Trials group with no luck. ELO aint 1600, 1800, or 1900+ like everyone wants. Oh well, hopefully next weekend's map is way better than Bannerfall!

maomaoIYP

I spent my last 45 minutes of my 20s looking for a Trials group with no luck. ELO aint 1600, 1800, or 1900+ like everyone wants. Oh well, hopefully next weekend's map is way better than Bannerfall!

Did you do a reverse check on them? I'm always curious when people want staggering requirements on LFG.

That's ridiculous. My ELO is 1519 and I don't think I'd ever be a detriment to most teams. They should just be straightforward and ask for carries if they are going to have crazy standards.

FyreWulff

the internet will continue to misunderstand how ELO works

all of my flawless ToO runs have come as a Defender Titan.. aka the class that's SUPPOSED to be negative k/d, by design, in PvP. People don't get that Trials is a bit more about smarts and knowing when to ____ than just raw k/d.

all of my flawless ToO runs have come as a Defender Titan.. aka the class that's SUPPOSED to be negative k/d, by design, in PvP. People don't get that Trials is a bit more about smarts and knowing when to ____ than just raw k/d.

What? How are they designed to go negative?

FyreWulff

What? How are they designed to go negative?

i used the wrong word, not negative but a lot less K/D

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/14083/7_Destiny-Class-Tuning---December-Update

As you can see, the Sunbreakers (Solar Titan) average KD is high (~1.06), while the other Titans are in the basement. For the Defender (Void Titan), that's actually okay, because they're intended primarily as a support Class. In other metrics, we see that Teams with Defenders fair significantly better (HINT: Consider some Void Titan backup in your future Iron Banner plans). Living in the KDR basement is not okay for the Striker (Arc Titan), so they need to come up a bit.

As a "Power Objectives" player (a term common back in the earlier Halo days), Defender being not designed to have good K/D makes sense because Power Objectives players like me generally give zero shits about our K/D ratio, we're all about placement and movement of the object, setting up firing line blockers and stuff. Negative K/D means we're doing our job right (to a point. if it's REALLY bad then you're just feeding the other team points in Destiny)

like during this halo 3 run against an actual team, all my movements are geared towards slicing off the firing lines as soon as possible and avoiding direct combat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC1HCnURNjs

man, i'd like Destiny to get a full up objective mode.. it'd need it's own maps.

Lol basing your team on their ELO is so stupid. Although I'm a low ELO scrub. We beat enough high ELO/KD teams just by playing as a team rather than having a couple of superstars. Also, happy birthday!

DrLupo and Ramblinnn just went Flawless without giving a single shot. Melee, nade and super only. Insane.

Did you do a reverse check on them? I'm always curious when people want staggering requirements on LFG.

It checked a couple but not most. I just look for flawless runs by people with have decent requirements but so rare.

That's ridiculous. My ELO is 1519 and I don't think I'd ever be a detriment to most teams. They should just be straightforward and ask for carries if they are going to have crazy standards.

Yea seriously. Like you can be 1800 Elo with a 1.0 KD. That can either mean you get mostly carried, somewhat carried, or not at all and you just play a lot and a lot of stiff comp, so you can't really judge that alone. I understand you don't have much else to go by but yea. There are also some people with Light requirements and I ignore those haha.

Be a 310+ with 1500+ Elo. You know they gave no idea when they add light requirements!

Lol basing your team on their ELO is so stupid. Although I'm a low ELO scrub. We beat enough high ELO/KD teams just by playing as a team rather than having a couple of superstars. Also, happy birthday!

Hahaha exactly. I tried to help my nephew and his other 12 yr old buddy for the longest so my Elo was atrocious. But seems like everyone found out about it and it's your true skill! Haha thanks!

Don't lie, your ELO is rightfully low because you're a scrub. COME AT ME BRUH.

Did I also just miss Phaethon bragging about his Novabomb skills again? Damn pillars and traffic signs that keep creeping up on him.

In your defense, that pillar came out of nowhere.

Did I also just miss Phaethon bragging about his Novabomb skills again? Damn pillars and traffic signs that keep creeping up on him.

I admit I've had a couple of Nova Bombs that were so far off they were clearly meant for Destiny 2 instead, but at least I'm not this poor floating bastard.

pY9QnQ.gif

The skill to miss the jump, and then finish yourself off.

Reading back through the thread I'm glad to see it just not me whose constantly getting booted. Since the lats patch i'm getting booted from a game at least twice a day and have multiple contacting server moments. Teammates are also getting booted as well

Daylight savings ended in the US? IB should have ended by now..but it's still going on.

Is it like Trials where you can keep going if you don't leave matchmaking. If you go to the Tower he's probably gone

Is it like Trials where you can keep going if you don't leave matchmaking. If you go to the Tower he's probably gone

Hmm, no. Every time in the previous IB's you get a message saying this activity is no longer available because it ends an hour before reset. This week it should have ended half an hour ago but still going on, I am able to join games after leaving matchmaking..

Lnkn52

The amount of lag switching, disconnects, delayed rounds, unregistered damage, etc, in one night is absurd. It's boggles my mind that we're going into year two with this broken mess.

See you in 2017.

The amount of lag switching, disconnects, delayed rounds, unregistered damage, etc, in one night is absurd. It's boggles my mind that we're going into year two with this broken mess.

See you in 2017.

I think the most distressing thing is that it feels like it's getting worse, not better with time.

Top Bottom