• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

I've managed to sort out a wired connection to my PS4 and it's made the hit detection worse. Same as from when I moved from broadband to fibre it was noticeably worse, how is that even possible?

It's no wonder everyone's running around on potato Internet/3G hotspots

I can actually explain this.

Every time you play a Bungie game in PvP, Bungie gives you a sort of hidden rating. For this discussion, lets assume 1-100. 100 is for people with amazing connections as a host. These people often provide great connections not only for themselves, but provide quality games with those that connect to them.

Similarly, people with a 1 or lower connections, are utter shit, and if they somehow made it as host, the entire game connections rates would look like a pack of twizzlers.

Anyway, so lets say you had an average connection, not great. Somewhere around a 60 rating. You're likely not a host very often. Maybe once every 20 games or something. But now you've done something to boost your quality. Except Bungie hasn't let you be host yet for them to boost your rating up from 60.

However, because your connection quality is already better, you'll be paired with people even further away because they'll fall into Bungie's threshold of a "good connection game".

Thus, you wont be able to tell a difference at all in your connection quality until Bungie lets you play as host and reevaluates your hosting abilities.

As someone who has had a great internet connection in the midwest, I can tell you I get a lot of hosting opportunities. I have since Halo 3.

It'll get better, you just have to give it time.

good post. I wasn't aware

It helps my hidden host rating having an open nat, and a wife that plays with me regularly. So anytime we play, the game sees our response times to each other and figures that's at least two people with a perfect connection right out the gate.

That's interesting Kor, how do you know about all of that?

It became a deal during Halo 3. In Halo 3 you could actually tell who was host when playing. I always had the healthiest connection out of my clan, and was also the geographical center. Plus my wife and I played on the same 360, so we had that extra perk of a 0ms response time between two players.

It's been way too long, but IIRC, I think I was averaging as host about 80% of my games during Halo 3, and we mostly played games of 12-16 people.

WeTeHa

Join up on me. I'm at the boss.

2 spots for NF. Don't feel like soloing the psions.

EroticSushi

EDIT: Thanks Chur

Oh sorry, didn't see your post.
If you're still running more later I can join. Just got the solar flayer mantle and wouldn't mind trying to get void/arc as well. Just need to make some dinner.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Alright
Discharge date is set
Leaving here by mid afternoon, should be home by 3-5pm depending

Hopefully NY baby bro sets up my ps4 and entertainment system, I'll be on by night time Tuesday

So who is snuggling with Gravy Tuesday Night and Wednesday
I swear to gawd if you bail for The Division without giving me snuggle juggles in party chat, you will be hunted down and scorned

Miss all of you, but Drizzay gets first love, then Death/Rawr (come back for me!, at least a few sessions Saurus), Cosmos and Private and his kids
Xplicit to yell at, Deku to epeen with, Kadey to IB train smuggler, and many more I'm failing to mention at the moment
I wanna be home today, this last week is bittersweet

OMG, I'm coming home, my Destiny await

B E C O M E L E G E N D A G A I N B O Y Z
Cant wait

Shit I think I miss you guys more than my family, no joke
Hugs to my mom and bro first, but back to my regular scheduled program of being in company with greatness and fellow gentleman and ladies

Drizzay if you can run CM this week if you can on all 3
Hoping for 1 more Drizzay luck to nab higher LL gear before I take over and get hit with bad luck

Alright
Discharge date is set

Hopefully NY baby bro sets up my ps4 and entertainment system, I'll be on by night time Tuesday

I swear to gawd if you bail for The Division without giving me snuggle juggles in party chat, you will be hunted down and scorned

Miss all of you, but Drizzay gets first love, then Death/Rawr (come back for me!, at least a few sessions Saurus), Cosmos and Private and his kids
Xplicit to yell at, Deku to epeen with, Kadey to IB train smuggler, and many more I'm failing to mention at the moment

Cant wait

Hugs to my mom and bro first, but back to my regular scheduled program of being in company with greatness and fellow gentleman and ladies

Hoping for 1 more Drizzay luck to nab higher LL gear before I take over and get hit with bad luck

Hahaha the hype is real!! Don't forget material farming at 3am for no damn reason!

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Hahaha the hype is real!! Don't forget material farming at 3am for no damn reason!

With bounties to boot, Public time Events thrown in to break up the farming, with marker pick ups to get more rep from patrol

Oh how I miss overlapping 3-4 different things and maximize the most

I think from my stockpile Drizzay used roughly 50%, that helped a lot

Time to amass an ungodly amount of stuff
Hell I'll run VoG, CE for shards, why the hell not

LTWood12

Alright
Discharge date is set

Cant wait

Looking forward to seeing the real Grave online again. Been so long since you yelled at me for only having a Patience & Time to snipe Oracles lol.

Welcome back Grave. You may notice me on your friendslist, feel free to hit me up for some games I'm kind of a big deal round these here parts

Edit Kor thats interesting stuff but looks like I'm still fucked for the foreseeable future

LTWood12

"Nostalgia as a weapon of war. Style as a hallmark of victory."
8XoK2Q8h.jpg

S U R O S R E G I M E flavor text seemed appropriate

ocean

Banned
VOG everything was the best.
Arms: Special Weapon Loader
Chest: + Special Ammo
Boots: + Heavy Ammo
HC: guaranteed Outlaw Field Scout and Firefly
Scout: Zen full auto
Sniper: max stability 6 rounds high RoF
Shotgun: insane range full auto good impact
Fusion: lol it doesn't exist gg

All guaranteed perfect rolls, all guaranteed max light (at the time)

Rip the dream

Namikaze1

The drop rate for the Foil was (and still is) so low. I was one of the lucky few to have gotten one before The Dark Below was out. Shit was so good. Still my favorite Fusion Rifle in the game. Nothing else comes close.

Top Bottom