• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

A loot game without loot.
A ten year journey with long stretches of nothing.
Become legend - still can't one punch a dreg

Just biding my time until Dark Souls :)

WipedOut

PS4 update 3.5 is coming soon & will include:

Remote Play (PC/Mac) – We’re bringing PS4 Remote Play to Windows PC and Mac. This feature won’t be available to test in the beta, but you can look forward to it soon.

Closed beta starting tomorrow.

Itshappening.gif

dammmn, guess I will keep my crappy black DS4 around afterall.

"Light Level Matters"

Does it? Does it really?

It doesn't seem to make me stronger. Two days ago I came across a guy in Iron Banner with a LL (Light Level) of 3. I was amazing to see that he took a full blast of my Conspiracy Theory just outside of normal range, and still didn't die. Which naturally made me think about this whole stupid Light Level matters system. So I went into Iron Banner as low a Light Level as I could, and here is what I have to show for it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqajSSORlso

Turns out that my health doesn't seem to really be different at all, or if it is, it is miniscule. My damage on the other hand seems pretty rough. I'm probably doing something like 60% of my normal damage. Personally, I'm of the opinion that I should be dying much more easily. It sends a confusing message to the player when their survivability is the same, but their damage output is altered.

This bring me back to a point I've raised before about Iron Banner, and even Trials:

Light Level shouldn't Matter

The fact is, all this system does is provide us with inconsistency. Now, when we engage any encounter we don't know what do credit/blame. Was it my skill? My connection quality? Damage Drop off? Head shots? My LL? Their LL?

Why does this weapon kill this player in 3 shots, but this other player in 4? Was that a weapon perk? A class perk? Crits? Team Fire? My LL? Their LL?

It makes the one thing that all FPS games should strive for, Consistency, and turns it on it's head.

What are the benefits of Light Level Matters, even?

It gives players a sense of progression and rank, and to a much lesser extent power. The problem is because the power component is so insignificant, the other two lack purpose. Players don't find themselves worried about their LL as a form of progression/rank because the fact is, the damage input/output doesn't change that much.

The benefits of the system simply don't matter. It's not worth the inconsistency at all.

To summarize: The game works better with consistency, and Light Level simply shouldn't impact PvP ever.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/48fsos/iron_banner_is_over_im_back_once_again_301/

i7IBXoJ.png

PS gauntlets drop chance 0.003% ( should have been 0.04% for the Lolz)
RIP the dream

We need to get PSF to write up an article about how Bungie cannot control drop rates in Destiny.

• Husk of the Pit
  • Iron Banner Year 2 - round 1
  • Crucible Year 2
  • Crimson Days Ghost Shells
  • Iron Banner every iteration after round 2
  • Vienna Singer

This is simply unacceptable that a loot based game.

Namikaze1

Remote Play (PC/Mac) – We’re bringing PS4 Remote Play to Windows PC and Mac. This feature won’t be available to test in the beta, but you can look forward to it soon.

Itshappening.gif
Looks like LT can look forward to using a pc or mac at work when his vita needs some time to charge or is accidentally left at home for some Destiny Remote Play. :p

LTWood12

Looks like LT can look forward to using a pc or mac at work when his vita needs some time to charge or is accidentally left at home for some Destiny Remote Play. :p

It'll kind of feel like cheating on a girlfriend. Or maybe how the first people who drove cars felt leaving the horse and carriage in the barn.

embalm

Trials were absolutely brutal to my group this week. Holy shit. I thought I knew Bannerfall pretty well, but I got blind sided by Snipers more in those 5 tickets than I have since I started playing 3 months ago.

Lots of birthday's this past weekend, happy birthday everyone! Mine was on Saturday, so hooray for late February birthdays.

It's a big difference on everything but snipers. Attack means much more than LL.

More like 1HKO weapons.

Because of how 1HKO weapons are designed to work, they're still fully functional at minimum light level.

Anything that doesn't have that massive damage burst is crippled, as you can tell by my Vision of Confluence and Super Good Advice.

Kind of suspected this. I'd like to see a test of someone using all high LL gear but a year one primary to see how much of a damage difference it makes.

I can tell you right now that I used Thorn in Trials two weeks ago with me still being at LL 304 or something. It was worth it, in my opinion. The Benefits of Thorn heavily outweighed the small damage adjustment.

The numbers indicating where my target is hiding, the hold off on their recovery kicking in, and the visual distraction all seem worth it to make thorn a 3 headshot, 4 body shot kill.

I'd love to try a group of people running 3 thorns next weekend if you guys would be up for it.

LTWood12

It's a big difference on everything but snipers. Attack means much more than LL.

I can tell you right now that I used Thorn in Trials two weeks ago with me still being at LL 304 or something. It was worth it, in my opinion. The Benefits of Thorn heavily outweighed the small damage adjustment.

The numbers indicating where my target is hiding, the hold off on their recovery kicking in, and the visual distraction all seem worth it to make thorn a 3 headshot, 4 body shot kill.

I'd love to try a group of people running 3 thorns next weekend if you guys would be up for it.

Interesting.

SpecX

Any west coast players want to run through the raid tonight at 7 PST? I have the urge to beat Oryx again and want to finally complete him in HM.

embalm

ya, lots of sweaty kids in trials last night, snipers shooting from everywhere. Open maps + short ttks = nacl.
The salt was real for me. It was a crusty dagger stabbing me in the eye over and over. Guardian down. Guardian down. Guardian down.

Iron Banner was fun though. I don't think I have played a single match of Clash before this IB. It took a few games to get used to the chaos, but it was a lot of fun.

how were you able to hit rank 3 in 7 games? did you start sunday or are you trolling?
I was rank 3 in two matches on Tuesday with three weeklies from last Iron Banner.
"Light Level Matters"

Does it? Does it really?

It doesn't seem to make me stronger. Two days ago I came across a guy in Iron Banner with a LL (Light Level) of 3. I was amazing to see that he took a full blast of my Conspiracy Theory just outside of normal range, and still didn't die. Which naturally made me think about this whole stupid Light Level matters system. So I went into Iron Banner as low a Light Level as I could, and here is what I have to show for it:
The 3 thing was a bug. The same thing happened to me, but on inspecting the guy he was actually 311. Basically, Iron Banner is the same as normal crucible, and not like high level content in PvE, where it doesn't calculate the attack of your gun or the defense of your opponents. Rather, it compares your light level to theirs and adjusts the damage and defense accordingly. If you are ten levels over your opponent, you only do an extra 1% damage, which is why it doesn't feel like much, and why someone who is LL 300 with a 170 Icebreaker can still headshot you (it's taking the gun's impact into account, NOT the light level.)

EDIT: And let me add, all of this is just their way to kind of cheat light level mattering into Crucible without actually having to recalculate anything like health or attack values.

I saw one of the big PvP streamers using Thorn in Trials a month or so ago - obviously they would wreck with anything but it really didn't look like Thorn was holding them back at all...

I've managed to sort out a wired connection to my PS4 and it's made the hit detection worse. Same as from when I moved from broadband to fibre it was noticeably worse, how is that even possible?

It's no wonder everyone's running around on potato Internet/3G hotspots

Lnkn52

I've managed to sort out a wired connection to my PS4 and it's made the hit detection worse. Same as from when I moved from broadband to fibre it was noticeably worse, how is that even possible?

It's no wonder everyone's running around on potato Internet/3G hotspots

jagxw8jpg.gif~c200

SpecX

Itshappening.gif

Hmm, does this mean you can use keyboard/mouse combos to play? If so, damn sniping will be even worse.

Top Bottom