• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

This week's will more than likely have some IB Clash stats

"Guardians you went out there and showed your opponents the ferocity! You guys played alotta hours and alotta matches and here's some stats wow way to go guys! Now enjoy some youtube videos."

That's gonna be today in a nutshell

ich00

"Guardians you went out there and showed your opponents the ferocity! You guys played alotta hours and alotta matches and here's some stats wow way to go guys! Now enjoy some youtube videos."

That's gonna be today in a nutshell

That's pretty much what I expect every week. I learned a while ago not to expect much from the weekly update.

I thought about it...and if we had just got one revive in that salvage match we would have won :(

Those guys turned it up to 11 at the end.

I had the exact same thought as I was getting in bed. We went full chill! You should never go full chill.

And then neOak joined us next round and I said the meanest thing I've ever said to anyone in destiny: I called him "our blueberry."

In my defense, we'd been playing without a 3rd for 45 minutes and he had just joined. AND he was playing a level 32 titan with a blue sniper rifle.

All the same I'm so sorry, NeOak.

WipedOut

The Division will ship with a "Skip Cutscene" button. Debate over.

108d4df245dbe51e9f588cfe46008e8f.gif

Okay, asking seriously here.

Who wants to run a trails experiment with me tomorrow at Trials Launch?

I want to run a team of thorn users and see how well we can do.

Legitimately want to see if we can get to Mercury with Thorn.

Who's on board?

Sorry to unload like that.

For those of you who I don't play with on the regular, I keep my time in Destiny very chill and fun. That's what the game is for. I save the salt for the thread, where you can either read and discuss my posts or if I annoy you with my long-winded and often salty posts, you can just hit the 'Ignore' button.

Carry on.

No need. I think we are all in that state. I like chill Destiny game time. I get a bit salty with Crucible only because I suck at PVP. But we're all here because we got love for the game. Let's hope Bungie can do something about this situation & give us some good content this year.

Who's on board?

Oh god at the hate messages a team of 3 thorns will get D:

Axoman

There are so many "little" things bungie could do to keep Destiny fresh.

1. Rotate all vendor stock, or at a minimum have weapons and armor have new rolls every week.

2. New bounties every few weeks.

3. Add all strikes into both heroic and nightfall rotation.

4. Fix crucible drops in all modes.

5. Weigh year one maps equally to year two maps in the crucible playlists that make sense.

Some longer term stuff that could come in a bigger update.

1. Fix crucible matchmaking and make it like it was during HoW.

2. Private matches, don't even need to be custom, just let me play with who I want to.

3. More diverse patrol activities and new public events.

4. Get rid of random light drops, have gear drop at max light in appropriate activities.

5. Make infusion 100% and reduce number of weapon parts and armor materials needed.

6. Remove time gates on the special daily missions and quests. Enough time has passed, just let me start or resume them without having to wait for something.

All of the above doesn't require any new content creation in terms of new playable spaces, but would greatly add to player experience and quality of life.

WipedOut

Who's on board?

Do it and stream it, I need entertainment tomorrow afternoon

F7wD3.gif

ocean

Banned

Who's on board?
I'd be down unless you find a higher skilled player (realistically I might drag you down some). This being viable will depend a lot on the map though.

But yeah if you manage to team shoot consistently you get it done. A few Firebolts in the mix wouldn't hurt either.

NeOak

I had the exact same thought as I was getting in bed. We went full chill! You should never go full chill.

And then neOak joined us next round and I said the meanest thing I've ever said to anyone in destiny: I called him "our blueberry."

In my defense, we'd been playing without a 3rd for 45 minutes and he had just joined. AND he was playing a level 32 titan with a blue sniper rifle.

All the same I'm so sorry, NeOak.

Oh please, you just couldn't handle how OG is my Titan :p

I'd be down unless you find a higher skilled player (realistically I might drag you down some). This being viable will depend a lot on the map though.

But yeah if you manage to team shoot consistently you get it done. A few Firebolts in the mix wouldn't hurt either.

The only map I can think of that would cause problems is Bannerfall, and that was recent enough for it to not be a problem.

Maybe Black Shield.

stb

Just popping in (I've been lurking here, but not posting, especially substantively, for weeks) to weigh in on the Destiny/Division thing.

I think ocean nailed it:

I don't get why it has to be a Division vs. Destiny thing. Beta was pretty cool and I'm fairly confined to I'll get a good 30-50 hours out of that game. Anything over that would just be gravy.

If it ends up being a 1,000 + 2 year long hobby like Destiny? All the better! But that's not the bar I set for whether a game is cool or not.

I'm *expecting* Division to keep me occupied for ~8 weeks with significant, multi-hour sessions on my designated game night (Tuesday, thanks to Destiny's reset schedule), probably with some other sessions early on. This'll probably rank somewhere in ocean's ~40 hour range.

I *hope* it ends up being more than that. I also really hope the stuff planned for April-ish for Destiny, the fall expansion, D2 blow my socks off. I'd absolutely love to have the "problem" where I (and my pals) are torn about which game to play on "reset night".

Who's on board?
I came in first place using Thorn for a match in the last Iron Banner. The DOT only does 2 damage.

Kalamari

Better stock up on Gatorade for next week.

I'll only play the division if I can dress my character as a post apocalyptic hypebeast.

Sorry to unload like that.

For those of you who I don't play with on the regular, I keep my time in Destiny very chill and fun. That's what the game is for. I save the salt for the thread, where you can either read and discuss my posts or if I annoy you with my long-winded and often salty posts, you can just hit the 'Ignore' button.

Carry on.
Never apologize, you are JohnOfMars, your posts aren't even close to salt :)

FyreWulff

I would like to see them work on a batch of purely sym maps, like 3 of them. Not even functional symmetry like they did for some Halo maps and a couple of the Destiny maps, but just outright "yo, these are arena maps, specifically made for objective and Trials"

NeOak

I would like to see them work on a batch of purely sym maps, like 3 of them. Not even functional symmetry like they did for some Halo maps and a couple of the Destiny maps, but just outright "yo, these are arena maps, specifically made for objective and Trials"

They should just give us a Destiny version of Lockout.

This makes me go full forehead slap when I think about Burning Shrine.

A fully symmetrical map, fucked up by objective and initial spawn placement.

The map is near perfect symmetry, and yet they spawned teams into opposite corners, instead of opposite mid.

Just like putting A outside corner and C inside corner...

They should have done a full triangle with it, putting B between inside heavy and the top wall, and putting A and C at A and C Mid.

Basically, make A and C have line of sight with each other, but only if the rotating walls allow it. This would have made the fights much more dynamic.

Edit: Also, as far as symmetrical maps go, we've gotten quite a few since Vanilla launched with virtually none.

Pantheon
Vertigo
Bannerfall
Dungeons
Drifter
Burning Shrine
Cathedral

These are all virtually symmetrical maps. The only differences are really just ascetic, or very minor adjustment in sightlines and/or cover.

Near symmetrical maps include:

Frontier
Sector 618
Memento
Delphi
Crossroads
Cauldron
Asylum
Thieves Den

The visual road map at the end of the trailer is the icing on the cake. Bungie, the break is over!

Yup. It's huge.

I really do hope that if nothing else, The Division will make Bungie realize it's their game to lose.

That's the thing. Everyone is saying, 'The Division is trying to be like Destiny'. Since day one, whether it's on Giant Bomb or other website, they've been calling it 'Destiny-like'. Squad based shooter with loot drops?

And Ubi is really stepping up their game and saying 'We're not Destiny, we're better. We have a plan. These 3 expansions will be our 'Year One' with monthly content drops and updates.' Bungie BETTER be looking at what they're doing. No excuses. They have the backing of Activision-Blizzard, one half which makes CoD on a yearly basis and the other half which deals with Diablo+WoW, so Bungie shouldn't be stumbling around like they're being led by the blind.

Bungie has resources. They have connections to people who know how to make the type of game they are trying to make. And Ubisoft, which AFAIK hasn't worked on a game like Division where it's an MMOish type loot game, is able to bring to the table more than Bungie did for Destiny their first year.

I don't like the Division. TPS doesn't interest me much, but if their package has something worth playing, I'll give it a shot. And so far, despite not liking Division, Ubisoft is giving me confidence that if I were to jump into Division, I would have loads of content upfront.

Ugh. Destiny makes me salty.

Deku Tree

Yup. It's huge.

That's the thing. Everyone is saying, 'The Division is trying to be like Destiny'. Since day one, whether it's on Giant Bomb or other website, they've been calling it 'Destiny-like'. Squad based shooter with loot drops?

And Ubi is really stepping up their game and saying 'We're not Destiny, we're better. We have a plan. These 3 expansions will be our 'Year One' with monthly content drops and updates.' Bungie BETTER be looking at what they're doing. No excuses. They have the backing of Activision-Blizzard, one half which makes CoD on a yearly basis and the other half which deals with Diablo+WoW, so Bungie shouldn't be stumbling around like they're being led by the blind.

Bungie has resources. They have connections to people who know how to make the type of game they are trying to make. And Ubisoft, which AFAIK hasn't worked on a game like Division where it's an MMOish type loot game, is able to bring to the table more than Bungie did for Destiny their first year.

I don't like the Division. TPS doesn't interest me much, but if their package has something worth playing, I'll give it a shot. And so far, despite not liking Division, Ubisoft is giving me confidence that if I were to jump into Division, I would have loads of content upfront.

Ugh. Destiny makes me salty.

I'm excited to compare the games and the content once all the hype dies down and we know what were actually getting with the Division. I decided against buying the division on day 1, but I may buy it shortly after release once it is more clear what content I am actually getting with the game.

WipedOut

Turn up the heat!

2 free updates, detailed.
3 major expansions, detailed.

New features such as trading AND gear sets.

giphy.gif

All this is great and all but what if you A:) don't like the gunplay, B:) don't care for the setting and C:) don't like the end game??

I applaud them for giving such a great road map and hope Bungie can follow suit but all that is meaningless to ME since I don't really care for the game.

Top Bottom