• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

So, I was playing some strikes last night, there's a cooldown and cap on glimmer consumables? I did Omingul twice. I would pop the Hive glimmer consumable and after X amount of glimmer I would just stop getting in despite the timer still being active. When the heck did they do that? I'm glimmer poor yo

Use a ghost with a gain glimmer on hive kills buff. It gives much more and isn't affected by that cool down

Same thing happened to me on the same strike, except with Fallen enemies. I'd get ~1000 glimmer or so and then it'd just stop accumulating. :(

That has been happening since TTK launched actually. It was stealth implemented.

You are only allowed to earn X amount of glimmer in each Y time period. After that you stop earning glimmer until Y time period expires, then you magically start earning glimmer again as long as your ghost or your consumable is still active.

I have no idea what are the exact values of X and Y.

Seriously? That's freaking dumb. Ugh.

Use a ghost with a gain glimmer on hive kills buff. It gives much more and isn't affected by that cool down

NICE! Thanks Agent. I had no idea.

Lnkn52

Am I missing something?

x10KK3L.png

Weird space in between.

Edit: Ok there it is

One thing I like about Destiny is the fact you can open your inventory and mess around while the game is loading. With this lull in Destiny gametime I've noticed that I try to do it in other games, and make myself sad when I can't.

darthbob

One thing I like about Destiny is the fact you can open your inventory and mess around while the game is loading. With this lull in Destiny gametime I've noticed that I try to do it in other games, and make myself sad when I can't.

It's nice, but it's infuriating (to me) when you're in the menu and it'll kick you back out for seemingly no reason.

somehow the weekly updates have gotten worse.

If it weren't for Frank O'Connor and Halo I think we'd have monthly updates instead, if that. :lol

I love running defender titan with armor of light in salvage. So much salt...

lMGL3S2.jpg

Glorious. Best hate mail ever.

So, I was playing some strikes last night, there's a cooldown and cap on glimmer consumables? I did Omingul twice. I would pop the Hive glimmer consumable and after X amount of glimmer I would just stop getting in despite the timer still being active. When the heck did they do that? I'm glimmer poor yo

Glimmer capping was introduced a couple of months ago, stealth patch yo!

Hmm this was a (hopefully) useful tidbit from the Update:

We’ve encountered reports of players experiencing Baboon and Weasel errors frequently when attempting to play Destiny with multiple consoles connected to the same network. To alleviate these issues and ensure the strongest connection quality when playing Destiny, please see the UPnP/Port Forwarding/NAT Type page of the Network Troubleshooting Guide.

I've definitely seen my fair share of Weasel errors since my PS4, X1 and PC are all hooked up together. Of course I also got disconnected plenty of times before I had the X1 or PC but hopefully this will still help.

I am a PvP player.

QFT

I've definitely seen my fair share of Weasel errors since my PS4, X1 and PC are all hooked up together. Of course I also got disconnected plenty of times before I had the X1 or PC but hopefully this will still help.

Can't play Destiny and Spelunky at the same time anymore ;)

Lnkn52

QFT
Only happens in Destiny though . weird.

Deku Tree

I've always earned more glimmer using ghosts than the consumables since they nerfed it. Even on same strikes

I don't know how to quantify what you are saying.

You can check that you get the same amount of glimmer per kill of the same enemy type if you use either a ghost or a consumable.

You can also check that the glimmer earning cooldown does not depend upon whether you are using a ghost or a consumable. If you use the hive glimmer ghost and go farm glimmer on siege of the Warmind hallway until you stop earning glimmer, and then immediately pop a black wax idol then you won't earn any glimmer, and vice versa.

You might be earning more glimmer because the ghost never times out but the consumable lasts only ten minutes. IDK.

Hi Deku

Finally, we would like to address that some Ships, Shaders, and Emblems visible in the Item Collections are not currently obtainable in-game. For a full list of the items impacted, and future updates, please see this Help Article.

Some items visible in the Item Collections are not currently obtainable in-game. These items are as follows:

Emblems:
Flow of Knowledge
Spectrum Theory

Shaders:
Anahata
Antique Land
Beowulf
Chalcedony
Chanson de Geste
Cicero
Gilgamesh
Lion Dancer
Lost City
Vallsgärde
Yesternight
Walkabout

Ships:
Fatal Vision

Bye Deku

I don't know how to quantify what you are saying.

You can check that you get the same amount of glimmer per kill of the same enemy type if you use either a ghost or a consumable.

You can also check that the glimmer earning cooldown does not depend upon whether you are using a ghost or a consumable. If you use the hive glimmer ghost and go farm glimmer on siege of the Warmind hallway until you stop earning glimmer, and then immediately pop a black wax idol then you won't earn any glimmer, and vice versa.

You might be earning more glimmer because the ghost never times out but the consumable lasts only ten minutes. IDK.

If I run omnigul strike I will earn more glimmer using a ghost in the first area when hive appear than if I use a consumable. That area is easily cleared in less than 10 minutes.

If I run omnigul strike I will earn more glimmer using a ghost in the first area when hive appear than if I use a consumable. That area is easily cleared in less than 10 minutes.

That's because the ghost gives you glimmer on killing thralls. The consumable no longer does that, they nerfed consumables.

So yes, ghost > consumables for glimmer farming.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
What? Of course Destiny has a future road map, Bungie just hasn't divulged it.

No way a studio as large and as competent as Bungie don't have a internal roadmap that is split into large content releases, monthly events and smaller content patches. Obviously for various reasons it's not always possible to have a game like Destiny release everything in line with their original plan and a poor launch offset that as did a shift to newer models such as microtransactions and a live team but I'm pretty confident they at least have all the big requirements mapped out and will work to expand and mature as much content as is feasible as they release it.

The division for better or worse is a much less ambitious looking project and seems all lined up to bomb I've heard very little buzz about it beyond marketing and by the time games like Call of Duty are rearing on the horizon I expect the games player base to dwindle drastically. Destiny carved a niche but it's got a huge player base. I can't see The Division doing anything close to destiny numbers.. ever and certainly not in terms of player retention.

The same studio that scrapped the games story a year from release, reworked the vast majority of content, cut and entire planet for an expansion since they couldn't finish it, fired their iconic music director after the entire score was finished, couldn't build a streamlined engine, and failed to meet their release window by a year.

Not to mention the same studio that thought armor lock and bloom were good additions to Halo.

"competent"

Don't jump the gun and say none of the loot in Division has excited them like the Exotics in Destiny have. We didn't see any exotics in Destiny til after launch. None of the Division betas have let you get past lvl 8 when the max is 30. We haven’t seen Division’s equivalents of Exotics yet. Maybe they won’t compare well, but we haven’t seen enough to make the comparison yet

24 Then Bungie rained on Destiny Year 2 SBMM and special ammo changes from the update out of Bellevue, 25 and They overthrew those Year 1 expansions, and all the previous loot drops, and all the inhabitants of the Tower, and what came at the drop screen. 26 But deku tree, from NeoGAF, looked back at Year 1, and he became a pillar of salt.​

Not that you're wrong, Deku. Signing off now before the Fluffdate, because I'm sure y'all are all sick of me by now.

Thank you DGAF for being the constant light in the wilderness that is Destiny.
Deej? Is that you?

Deku Tree

That's because the ghost gives you glimmer on killing thralls. The consumable no longer does that, they nerfed consumables.

So yes, ghost > consumables for glimmer farming.

I don't run Omnigul ever. But I get glimmer when I kill thralls in KF HM using my hive glimmer ghost.

Oh yeah I never use the consumables anymore. So I guess I wouldn't know that in recent times.

We did though. Thunderlord was shown in a vidoc or something like that.

Yeah, Thunderlord was shown during a demo. It dropped from that Archon that shows up when you do the VIP patrol beacon near the divide.

Then they showed some concept art of their fancier weapons, which included Thunderlord, Gjallarhorn, and ARCUS REGIME (later renamed SUROS)

Deku Tree

I know. Which is why I told ape to use the ghost rather than consumables.

To be clear, I was disagreeing with the notion that you said that a ghost doesn't have a glimmer cool down period if you earn too much glimmer too quickly. it does still have the same cool down

Although I didn't know that they had nerfed black wax idol to not give glimmer on thrall kills.

Wife is officially full term. Very exciting! Baby could come any day now, probably soon since 2nd babied usually come sooner. Packing my hospital go bag tonight (Wife's had hers packed for weeks.)

So!

Anyone want to try for the Lighthouse one more time tomorrow night before my life goes all topsy-turvy? I'm available starting at like 8 ET.

Igor, Ape, Nami, Drizz?

aragorn.gif

LTWood12

Wife is officially full term. Very exciting! Baby could come any day now, probably soon since 2nd babied usually come sooner. Packing my hospital go bag tonight (Wife's had hers packed for weeks.)

So!

Anyone want to try for the Lighthouse one more time tomorrow night before my life goes all topsy-turvy? I'm available starting at like 8 ET.

Igor, Ape, Nami, Drizz?

aragorn.gif

She calls out to you...
ogr0h69vyktmu1zavhpr.png

Namikaze1

So!

Igor, Ape, Nami, Drizz?

aragorn.gif
First off, congrats, dude!

Second, Ape's taking me to Mercury three times as my birthday gift :3

So yeah, I'll be up for a run or two around that time.

So!

Igor, Ape, Nami, Drizz?

aragorn.gif

Of course john! As many cards as you like before you are bound to earthly responsibilities due to the baby. Like i said its great playing with you.

So!

Igor, Ape, Nami, Drizz?

aragorn.gif

That's fantastic news, congrats! You know I'm always down for a run. Just depends on if the timing works out and what the other fine folks are doing. If you run multiple cards we could always tag out or something :p

edit: Dat quadruple quote. Damn.

She calls out to you...

I'm not saying that Vita Trials is the worst idea in human history... wait, I am saying that.

So!

Igor, Ape, Nami, Drizz?

aragorn.gif

Wait - you're not bringing the PS4 to the hospital? I thought Dad's just waited in a room with cigars and booze?

Kappa

I'll be doing my normal run tomorrow with Nami and hopefully King Todd. I can help out after that buddy. Pray for a good map!

First off, congrats, dude!

Second, Ape's taking me to Mercury three times as my birthday gift :3

So yeah, I'll be up for a run or two around that time.

And I'm going to sing you happy birthday each time we reach the Lighthouse. I should stream it.

To be clear, I was disagreeing with the notion that you said that a ghost doesn't have a glimmer cool down period if you earn too much glimmer too quickly. it does still have the same cool down

Although I didn't know that they had nerfed black wax idol to not give glimmer on thrall kills.

I didn't know that the ghost had a cool
Down. I just noticed I made a lot more glimmer through the ghost than the consumable.

We got there in the end

Blown away by all these replies and well wishes. Thanks, DGAF!

YiIO2Hw.gif

She calls out to you...
ogr0h69vyktmu1zavhpr.png

Where are my Dunemarchers when I need them?

Of course john! As many cards as you like before you are bound to earthly responsibilities due to the baby. Like i said its great playing with you.

Igor, feel free to reply with this tomorrow when I post to form up teams.

That's fantastic news, congrats! You know I'm always down for a run. Just depends on if the timing works out and what the other fine folks are doing. If you run multiple cards we could always tag out or something :p

I would love to run multiple cards and get some Trials time with lots of folks. I'll post up tomorrow night and we'll see who's around now that I know who's interested.

Pray for a good map!

Will do, but can't be worse than Bannerfall, right? Right?! (Memento was recent, so it won't be that either.)

Birthday Mercury runs ftw!

(and hopefully a few shots at Scarab)

Congrats John!!! Mercury Baby FTW!

I like it!

John Of Mars
[Redacted] Of Mercury

stay gold

Started playing Destiny on a new PSN account I made yesterday, Gjallarhorn has dropped already lmao. Figures.

Can probably do the Refer a Friend shit on it at some point if anyone needs it.

Top Bottom