• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

What's your guy's favorite flavor text? Here's a few of mine.

Kellhunter's Hood: "Here's my plan to be Kell. Fallen seem to respect violence and big capes. I'm really violent, and I found this cape."
Nechrochasm: "Eternity is very close. Can you feel yourself slipping?"

Heart of Praxic Fire: "In that last moment she seemed as wholly luminescent as the Sun, and I wished to be so brave."

Praetorian Foil: "Erase the future."

Thorn: "To rend one's enemies is to see them not as equals, but objects--hollow of spirit and meaning." - 13th Understanding, 7th Book of Sorrow

Girl Scout Cookies came today.

200w.gif

TAGALONGS ARE THE BEST!

ed7183ba7d8de10a3432f701c8f657ac.gif

Frenden

Banned
Oh, man. Wiped did it. RIP, alts. I can understand the feeling that you need to decrease some mental overhead and simplify things.

E92 M3

You could ask this question about lots of things to a lot of folks here. Like that 320 boots ruthless got.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

lol true

I don't need 5 Alts. If y'all never quit I wouldn't have strayed. Still got OG hunter, I'm banking on future account transfers.

Just a temporary hiatus for me; you knew that son.

What's your guy's favorite flavor text? Here's a few of mine.

I've always liked the Necro a ton.

ocean

Banned
Reality is the finest flesh, oh bearer mine. And are you not hungry?

Look at all this life, oh bearer mine. There is so much left to burn...

Give me your arm, oh bearer mine. Let me help you fill the world with teeth.

Praedyth's fall isn't over...because it hasn't happened yet...and it will happen again.

We learned how to blink from Warlocks. But please don't admit to that. - From 'Aphorisms to Anger Warlocks'

Frenden

Banned
I'm currently riding the scotch highway, so take this with a grain of salt. I'm not trying to be salty here. The BWU was beyond sparse and I'm bummed.

With competing co-op, loot-based shooters nearing launch, I'm concerned that the community is going to fracture. Before the BWU hit, I was nurturing some hope that they'd start the spring update info trickle. If nothing else, starting to talk about what's next would stave off some of the Division marauders pounding at the gates of Destiny-ville. No such luck. And some folks will leave the herd when the Division hits, surely.

As much as I bitch about it, I love the gunplay and a lot of the PvE content in Destiny. I used to love the PvP near unconditionally prior to SBMM and the hand cannon nerf. But there really isn't enough content here to sustain our attention any longer. Some will leave next week when other options come out and and even more folks will leave after as they run out of what little content we have left during the lame-duck period between the Division launch and new content here--ostensibly they'll leave temporarily, but once some people go, they, well, go.

Further, the next update could totally re-do the end game progression and loot for the millionth time. I don't know how much jerking around the lingering playerbase can take in that regard. Every expansion or content update shouldn't coincide with a total upheaval of the means of player progression. It's getting old. I wish they'd pick a system and stick with it. I'm looking at you, etheric light. But, if progression is changed, and let's face it there's a high likelihood it changes for the worse as they haven't gotten it right yet, even more folks may leave.

I'm really bummed at the potential downward trajectory of Destiny. The people here are a great community I'm happy to call friends and every time I log on that friends list gets smaller and smaller. The triple whammy of the Division, the content drought, and the potentiality of more end game, PvP, and balance shitfuckery is whittling down the community.

There's just no urgency coming from Bungie and it's crazy that we seem to care more about how much they've screwed up PvP, how stranded the folks are who play PvE, and how unbalanced and sparse the gun options are than they do (publicly). I've no doubt internally they're doing their best to figure this shit out, but that's not what we see as the (harder core) community. There's been a bare minimum of communication about each of these problems and what they have said is often couched in cutesy language or drenched in the vaguest promises of things to come or assurances that the problems we're experiencing aren't a big deal. In either case, there's no outward facing concern.

It just makes me have a case of sad--things are still pretty fucked up and some people won't bother to come back. And I like you assholes.

Frenden

Banned
Heroic strike intervention, haha. Normally I'd be game, but I'm watching the Spurs game and eating dinner. And then the Warriors game. Total basketball nerd night.

Oh, man. I WAS THE ONE LEAVING DESTINY ALL ALONG.
What a twist!

Heroic strike intervention, haha. Normally I'd be game, but I'm watching the Spurs game and eating dinner. And then the Warriors game. Total basketball nerd night.

Oh, man. I WAS THE ONE LEAVING DESTINY ALL ALONG.
What a twist!

POSTS ABOUT DESTINY. WATCHES BASKETBALL. FRENDEN PLS

All good buddy :D

Kalamari

It's time to embrace the thorn, if we don't abuse it, it will never be a visible problem, and will never get fixed.

Also, Nghtly and Warbulletproof are playing sweaties on stream.

It's time to embrace the thorn, if we don't abuse it, it will never be a visible problem, and will never get fixed.

Also, Nghtly and Warbulletproof are playing sweaties on stream.

No Bungie will realize that Thorn perfectly counters a Sniper Rifle

They will give it a year 2 version(if they ever update their game)

The Thorn will reign

Kalamari

How is Red Spectre auto rifle? Noticed it has the same RoF as Haakon's Hatchet and Monte Carlo but more than twice the impact?

I think it's decent depending on the perks. I have one with persistence and fitted stock (I think) and it performs pretty well when not faced with a team of Trucker Lawyers.

Whatever happened to afro? He best not have gotten a hair cut. Maybe he did and now he is too ashamed to post here.

I've seen him on off-topic, and I remember doing Court of Oryx with him the day after we had our last raid together, I believe he said he was taking a break from Destiny, that there just wasn't anything to do. That's the last time I did any PvE content as well @_@

todd360

I've seen him on off-topic, and I remember doing Court of Oryx with him the day after we had our last raid together, I believe he said he was taking a break from Destiny, that there just wasn't anything to do. That's the last time I did any PvE content as well @_@

Nothing to do?!?!? He needs to play 1000 crucible matches to gain back the right to cut his hair! He's going to look like kirito at the end of the first half.

Edit: I'm glad hes not dead though. Lol I was slightly worried.

Frenden

Banned
I like Rangefinder and stability perks. Sounds like a top-end roll if not the goddest of gods, but still!

I got, like, exhumed, danger close, and casket mag or something equally as terrible. Some shit like that.

RAHOOL sure is giving me a lot of Peregrine Greaves lately. Just got my 5th ones in 2 weeks on my Warlock now...All off of legendary boot engrams too.

How is Red Spectre auto rifle? Noticed it has the same RoF as Haakon's Hatchet and Monte Carlo but more than twice the impact?
I'm pretty sure the impact is a lie. It is the same archetype as those guns. And really needs stability if I recall my brief time with the gun.

ZeroCoin

Finished getting my last character, a titan, to 40 tonight. Guess my next step is getting to a decent light level on the titan and warlock.

Top Bottom