• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Ok, I'm going to put my Begging pants on. Before the end of the weekend anyone want to help out this PS4 lighthouse virgin try and make it to the holy land? Just want to try and make it once for dat sweet grimmy.

I can give it a try if we can find another good helper. Maybe Sunday afternoon/evening? Depends on who is around. Gotta get you dat grimoire.

edit: damn page tops brb

Mercury Hype for Colonel!

2eO6D5y.jpg

VoGoAT (future portal)

SpecX

Family is still here, but starting to head out. You guys start that raid already with a full team? I'm hoping to be freed up in the next 20 mins.

I can give it a try if we can find another good helper. Maybe Sunday afternoon/evening? Depends on who is around. Gotta get you dat grimoire.

I would help but It would probably turn into a double carry for you.

WipedOut

Yeah, I'll be around. And thanks. It'll happen when it happens just seems to be a good map for giving it a go.

Also Getting close to platinum, need to do flawless, clan and strike trophies. Also gotta put down Skolas at some point.

I would help but It would probably turn into a double carry for you.

I'll help if you need someone. I'm not amazing but I can usually hold my own.

Awesome, thanks for the replies! We'll just see who is around tomorrow evening since I'm done for the night now. I'm sure we can get it done one way or another :)

Yeah, I'll be around. And thanks. It'll happen when it happens just seems to be a good map for giving it a go.

Also Getting close to platinum, need to do flawless, clan and strike trophies. Also gotta put down Skolas at some point.

Yeah, BShrine is alright. We'll find a time to run I'm sure. And those achievements are all pretty easy. Just need to get a team of 3 to join the same clan and do Normal Crota then run Nexus from the planet select map.

Tri4

Looks like suros regime is getting pretty high usage recently. It's 3rd in control (after the usual top two) and 4th in trials. Wonder why people are just randomly using it now. Maybe I'll take it out for a spin sometime today.

Kyoufu

I thought that was obviously why they delayed Destiny 2.

You think they delayed Destiny 2 because of a Nintendo platform? lol. Nah man.

They delayed Destiny 2 because nobody does 2 year development cycles for AAA games. Not even your annual Call of Duty is on a 2 year dev cycle this generation.

D_psipher

Looks like suros regime is getting pretty high usage recently. It's 3rd in control (after the usual top two) and 4th in trials. Wonder why people are just randomly using it now. Maybe I'll take it out for a spin sometime today.

They found out about spinning up. It works really well with the high rate of fire meta. Plus the Suros Legacy perk is a nice bonus.

Tri4

Does anyone know if year 2 exotics are tied to TTK or can you equip them without owning the DLC?
Most of them are level 40 requirement so you can't even equip them unless you're level 40 which you can only get to with the DLC.
They found out about spinning up. It works really well with the high rate of fire meta. Plus the Suros Legacy perk is a nice bonus.
Doesn't that take a while to kick in though? Guess I'll check it out.

WeTeHa

They delayed Destiny 2 because nobody does 2 year development cycles for AAA games. Not even your annual Call of Duty is on a 2 year dev cycle this generation.

Pretty much this. They just can't churn out a game that 1) has a sufficient amount of content and 2) fixes problems from the previous game(s) all while working on expansion for every other year AND bringing out dlcs every couple of months. It's just impossible.

Awesome, thanks for the replies! We'll just see who is around tomorrow evening since I'm done for the night now. I'm sure we can get it done one way or another :)

Yeah, BShrine is alright. We'll find a time to run I'm sure. And those achievements are all pretty easy. Just need to get a team of 3 to join the same clan and do Normal Crota then run Nexus from the planet select map.
I might be able to help you out with trials if you need someone, not sure though.

Trakan

Pretty much this. They just can't churn out a game that 1) has a sufficient amount of content and 2) fixes problems from the previous game(s) all while working on expansion for every other year AND bringing out dlcs every couple of months. It's just impossible.

I disagree. The only thing that's not feasible every 3 months is a new raid that offers a quality experience and is bug free.

TDB and HoW were basically tower refreshes with a few missions and a strike. I think that's totally possible.

Deku Tree

Sometimes it feels like nobody has a sarcasm detector.

There is also a probably fake "geno" rumor out there about "Beyond Destiny" and the NX.

X-Frame

I'm looking to take 2 of my Destiny newbie friends through the Lost to Light mission to get their Black Spindles.

One of them is a Titan with Ruin Wings and a sword but only has the Striker leveled. The other is a Warlock also with a sword and only has the Stormcaller leveled.

Which sub-class should I be? Should I be a Sunbreaker, or a Nightstalker? Or another Stormcaller?

EDIT: Actually the Titan player I think has Defender half-leveled, at least enough for Blessing of Light. Not sure if that is better than a Tether + Fist of Havoc combo for tons of orbs.

phen0m24

Mercury Hype for Colonel!

VoGoAT (future portal)

Thanks again Drizz and Twilight. And Igor! Talking to/reading other boards so many people are just looking for someone (anyone) to play WITH, let alone getting to Mercury. So grateful that those of you who find pvp enjoyable and are so adept (hehe) at it are willing to help us potato sack people. :) No "subs only" carries, no "Must have 320 CB Doctrine" (weeping) requirements... it's just "Let's go!!!"

Remain convinced that this, THIS is the best Destiny Community going.

Pretty sure Destiny 2 is gonna be NX exclusive.

3DS

I'm looking to take 2 of my Destiny newbie friends through the Lost to Light mission to get their Black Spindles.

One of them is a Titan with Ruin Wings and a sword but only has the Striker leveled. The other is a Warlock also with a sword and only has the Stormcaller leveled.

Which sub-class should I be? Should I be a Sunbreaker, or a Nightstalker? Or another Stormcaller?

Run another Stormcaller, they are probably the most useful class for the final room. Just use transcendence and never melee/throw grenades.

Namikaze1

To play with Nami, Phenom must always talk in his Hank Hill voice.

He must also say "Dammit, Bobby!" whenever someone makes a mistake.

:p

Anyway, who here is getting the Division this week? Got some bday money yesterday and am thinking of maybe just getting the game since I'm bored of Destiny and I still got several weeks to wait for Dark Souls 3.

WipedOut

Anyway, who here is getting the Division this week? Got some bday money yesterday and am thinking of maybe just getting the game since I'm bored of Destiny and I still got several weeks to wait for Dark Souls 3.
I'm going to buy it, physical though in case I don't like it. Going to give it a chance. Besides I have $50 in BB rewards so why not.

phen0m24

Oh man - Nami requirements! :p NP dude. I can do that. That run with Gene Friday, I was going to sing We Are the Champions in HH voice lolol
dat 5-4 doe

Pre ordered the Division Gold edition. I'm not sure how much I'll play it long term, but it seems like Ubi wants to throw raid-"like" content at us
so basically strikes with Valus sponges at the end, I guess
for a good while. Might be fun.

Plus NYC! And the DZ! Manhunt hype!

I still had my pre-order and it dispatched yesterday, so yeah I have no choice now.

Xplicitone how are you looking for Trials tonight around 830 EST?

Or is there anyone else out there on Xbox One who can carry me to the Lighthouse?

Namikaze1

Oh man - Nami requirements! :p NP dude. I can do that. That run with Gene Friday, I was going to sing We Are the Champions in HH voice lolol
dat 5-4 doe

Pre ordered the Division Gold edition. I'm not sure how much I'll play it long term, but it seems like Ubi wants to throw raid-"like" content at us
so basically strikes with Valus sponges at the end, I guess
for a good while. Might be fun.

Plus NYC! And the DZ! Manhunt hype!
Ain't entering the DZ by my lonesome self. I did during the beta. Never again.

"Oh look, a player!

Wait...

Oh god!

WHERE DID THESE OTHER THREE CAME FROM?!

Nononononononononono!

Run, dammit! Run!

You're almost to the DZ exit, Nami. You can make it!

Why can't I freaking open the door?!

Let me in!

*dies and respawn*

Why you stupid game? Why you respawned me right in front of these f-----!

*dies again*"

I still had my pre-order and it dispatched yesterday, so yeah I have no choice now.
Fig, please tell me you preordered DS3 digitally? This freaking theme that you get for preordering is so good. Well, the premium theme's music anyway. I also have the UC4 preorder theme but while good, it's not as good as the DS3 theme.

Fig, please tell me you preordered DS3 digitally? This freaking theme that you get for preordering is so good. Well, the premium theme's music anyway. I also have the UC4 preorder theme but while good, it's not as good as the DS3 theme.

Unfortunately, PSN prices in the UK are an abomination, so I'll never pre-order digital until they start getting cheaper. Everything is physical unless it's on sale.

For reference my Division physical copy cost me £39.95. Digitally would have robbed me for something like £54.99. I won't spend £15 extra just for a theme. I like my Journey theme anyway. :p

Kyoufu

Unfortunately, PSN prices in the UK are an abomination, so I'll never pre-order digital until they start getting cheaper. Everything is physical unless it's on sale.

For reference my Division physical copy cost me £39.95. Digitally would have robbed me for something like £54.99. I won't spend £15 extra just for a theme. I like my Journey theme anyway. :p

US store is where I buy all my digital stuff.

Namikaze1

Oh yeah, forgot about them digital prices.

Tri4

Holy shit guys MGSV is incredible. Why didn't anyone tell me? :p
Because it suffers from a horrible storytelling, repetitive gameplay, bland, repetitive environments, incomplete content, overly frequent and unnecessary loading screens, takes a 180 from what's expected from MGS and is made by Konami.

Got a 1k stare with shortgaze, snapshot and mulligan. Wish it had hidden hand and it would have been great, unflinching is a nice bonus but really i dont think it helps that much. Will probably give this a try to see how it goes though.

Kyoufu

Got a 1k stare with shortgaze, snapshot and mulligan. Wish it had hidden hand and it would have been great, unflinching is a nice bonus but really i dont think it helps that much. Will probably give this a try to see how it goes though.

I'm convinced Unflinching doesn't work on some sniper rifles.

Kyoufu

Can anyone explain Golgi CM to me? I have never done it. Curious how everyone gets the gaze when it usually dies in two to three cycles.

Kalamari

Can anyone explain Golgi CM to me? I have never done it. Curious how everyone gets the gaze when it usually dies in two to three cycles.

After the DPS phase, where people stand in the puddle, the gaze is passed between each player by positioning on the opposite side of the room. Once the gaze has been passed to everyone, Golgi goes free and you kill adds again.

Kyoufu

After the DPS phase, where people stand in the puddle, the gaze is passed between each player by positioning on the opposite side of the room. Once the gaze has been passed to everyone, Golgi goes free and you kill adds again.

Ahh I see. Sounds simple enough, thanks.

AaronMT86

Provide all members with a number 1-6, with odds on the left and even's on the right. #1 drops the front-left Orb and takes the gaze. #2-#6, are in a weapons of light Ward underneath. Step out do damage once #1 has the gaze (for maximum damage time). #1 does a countdown, #2 goes out onto the back right ledge prepared to take the gaze before the timer is up. #3-#6 jump out of the pit. #3 gets ready to the gaze and continues ping-ponging back and forth through the rest of the members as soon as Golgoroth's back opens up. #6 is free to run a full lap around while the rest of the team helps out clearing the pit of cursed thralls and shooting the remainder chasing orbs.

With 320 Black Spindles and a Nightstalker Shadowshot, you can you get Golgoroth to 50% just on one rotation here.

Repeat.

Top Bottom