• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Namikaze1

How familiar are you with Dark Souls PVP? I'm trying to plan my first build so I can play the game without having to respec later on (and pick the best class for my build). But I'm so confused about armor and rings and stuff
I'm not that familiar with the PvP scene. I chose to ignore the PvP part of the Souls game back when Dark Souls 1 came out. Sorry I'm not much help on this.

From what little I know, most prefer using making builds around the many magic spells in the game. Like I said, I don't know much.

phen0m24

I'm not that familiar with the PvP scene. I chose to ignore the PvP part of the Souls game back when Dark Souls 1 came out. Sorry I'm not much help on this.

From what little I know, most prefer using making builds around the many magic spells in the game. Like I said, I don't know much.

Probably have to check with rawr. I think he knows. Where art thou checkpointasaurus

ch4fx_

Any NM raids happening today, or does anyone feel like/want to run NM? I have one more character to raid with & all of mine will be +300.

please help my warlock become legend

PS: anyone is welcome.

phen0m24

Why does everyone need to use thorn nowadays ?

Like fucking seriously.

Given up on normal crucible because of it.

Makes the game so boring.

It is the equalizer. OP team spawn camping you?
Thorn.

Guy on the other team keeps killing you? Thorn.

I have ZERO reservations about using it if someone is using:
Her Benevolence
Mythoclast
Etc. Etc.

Why does everyone use TLW? Why does everyone use thousand yard stare? If people use Thorn throw trip mines at them. Use a high impact hand cannon. I don't know.

I enjoy using Thorn so I don't mind. :/

It's the only gun that "feels" exotic. Imo

Hilarious games interclan games, most fun I had in Destiny in a while.

The sweat was real :p

Cc4SeRjUcAAHJx0.jpg:large

Kalamari

I am not facing terrific players with my ELO, but I can outshoot Thorns most of the time, sometimes even if I don't get the drop on them.

I'm free all day today, so the time would really depend on when we got 4 other people together.

Do you have a time preference (afternoon/night)? If so, we can try to schedule it around that.

I prefer evening, but I can adjust if need be.
I can probably get a few non-gaffers involved in the evening too.

How familiar are you with Dark Souls PVP? I'm trying to plan my first build so I can play the game without having to respec later on (and pick the best class for my build). But I'm so confused about armor and rings and stuff

Eh the Souls pvp level is always up in the air at first for a new Souls game. The community tend to play the game first then settle at an "agreed" level you should be at. Thats a reason why people hated soul memory in Dark Souls 2. Since summons are based on soul memory instead of level. The meta pvp level tend to be around ~100. For example Bloodborne, the range for pvp level was 100-120 depending on what sites you visited. I would just wait and see what the community decides in the end. Cant really plan things out from my experiences :p

ocean

Banned
Thorn = more aggressive play. Take it away and we're back to the garbage ass-tier Pulse Rifle meta days when everything was campy careful slow playing from a mile away.

Current Thorn + Tier 5 DIS/STR Sunsinger or Nightstalker = second best Crucible flow (behind the good old HoW days).

Doctrine and TLW are the only others I've used which feel satisfying at fun (close) range.

Eh the Souls pvp level is always up in the air at first for a new Souls game. The community tend to play the game first then settle at an "agreed" level you should be at. Thats a reason why people hated soul memory in Dark Souls 2. Since summons are based on soul memory instead of level. The meta pvp level tend to be around ~100. For example Bloodborne, the range for pvp level was 100-120 depending on what sites you visited. I would just wait and see what the community decides in the end. Cant really plan things out from my experiences :p

Rawr, Deku has spoke very highly of your DS knowledge. Please mentor me. No no I get you, not a lot can be done prior to the community figuring out the meta. Luckily since the JP release will come out before NA there might be an idea of what level to stop at.

For the longest I kept thinking I would do a quality knight build but now a dex/int build looks fun as well. I might just go deprived since there is more flexibility with switching on the fly/respecing for a build.

ch4fx_

I prefer evening, but I can adjust if need be.
I can probably get a few non-gaffers involved in the evening too.

Perfect dude, evening it is. I'll keep an eye on the thread today, so just let me know when you're ready.

Thanks for offering, I appreciate it!

Trakan

With equip load not being tied to endurance anymore, and luck being introduced, I don't think it'll be 125 like DS1.

Join Control match in progress, enemy team has all three zones. Spawn in, killed by Nova Bomb. Respawn, killed by Golden Gun.

Leave match, try again. Spawn in another match in progress. Killed by Stormcaller. Seriously?
The fuck is this shit?

ocean

Banned
Working on my Voidwalker emblem. This subclass is pretty fun, not sure why I've always neglected it.

Scatter + Manacles aren't the broken Gjallarhorn nades they were but still pretty good.

Got a 1k stare with shortgaze, snapshot and mulligan. Wish it had hidden hand and it would have been great, unflinching is a nice bonus but really i dont think it helps that much. Will probably give this a try to see how it goes though.

On our run last night I was trying out a Shortgaze, Life Support, Perfect Balance, Unflinching roll I got from Nightfall this week. It felt okay but not very different than the standard quest roll. I don't think I noticed life support proc once and unflinching has always been tricky to quantify. Stability isn't important to me on high impact weapons.

Shortgaze, snapshot, hidden hand is the only roll I'd be really curious to try. Everything I've tried so far has felt about the same or worse the the quest roll.

I have no idea what the hell that is supposed to be?

It was a super cheesy scene with sexy Quiet but somebody replaced her model with Ocelot to point out how dumb it was. Also for the lols.

WipedOut

On our run last night I was trying out a Shortgaze, Life Support, Perfect Balance, Unflinching roll I got from Nightfall this week. It felt okay but not very different than the standard quest roll. I don't think I noticed life support proc once and unflinching has always been tricky to quantify. Stability isn't important to me on high impact weapons.

Shortgaze, snapshot, hidden hand is the only roll I'd be really curious to try. Everything I've tried so far has felt about the same or worse the the quest roll.

It was a super cheesy scene with sexy Quiet but somebody replaced her model with Ocelot to point out how dumb it was. Also for the lols.

Ah, I haven't played an MG game since the original NES version.

Top Bottom