• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Matt Frost

About to try and do the First Curse quest. I can already tell this will be frustrating.

I had an awesome experience with it. Went to classic Dispute with two friends who helped me by letting me kill them, and ALL the other players understood it and I had a row of strangers and friends in a cue waiting to die by my white gun. Try it. Youll be surprised.

Highwind

About to try and do the First Curse quest. I can already tell this will be frustrating.

Imprecation fucking sucks holy shit

pqKIZuO.png
pqKIZuO.png
pqKIZuO.png

I just used a friend in rumble to get it done. Not faffing about with that shit.

noomi

Oh boy, I had some serious rage moments during this quest-line. If you were in my party chat during the crucible portion of this, I made have made your ears bleed.

Kyoufu

They expect me to get a 7 precision kill spree with this piece of shit?!

Oh boy, I had some serious rage moments during this quest-line. If you were in my party chat during the crucible portion of this, I made have made your ears bleed.

The Chaperone quest made me rage when TLW was hot garbage after the nerf. :(

The gun is so shitty (even with the buff) that getting seven regular kills is a challenge.

Pre-nading everyone will probably help.

Namikaze1

Picking it up tomorrow as well. First game that I have bought a physical version since the vanilla destiny (It was free with xbox)

Had $50 in rewards so figured why not, With GCU it was free. Last time I got a free game I spent a 1 1/2 years with. Now I just need to find a Fireteam. (PS4)
Well, I need a team as well. I'm can team up with you.

Not joining the community on PSN cause I just need to look at the Destiny one to know just how useless these PSN communities are.

Found a $50 Best Buy gift card I thought I lost while I was cleaning yesterday. Guess I'll be checking out the Division after all :)

But Oryx Challenge Mode tomorrow for the 4th time? That 320 artifact!

Kreep, plz!

Godspeed, Kreep. King's Fall is terribad only kept tolerable by our amazing raid group.

With everyone leaving for the Division I will become a crucible god. Why? Because every match will be the most hardcore of the hardcore forever.

I'm actually just going to try and get the remaining Faction exotic class items. 3 down. 6 to go.

With everyone leaving for the Division I will become a crucible god. Why? Because every match will be the most hardcore of the hardcore forever.

I'm actually just going to try and get the remaining Faction exotic class items. 3 down. 6 to go.

I got my 3rd exotic class item 2 weeks ago. I'm just stockpiling SCs right now

WipedOut

Not joining the community on PSN cause I just need to look at the Destiny one to know just how useless these PSN communities are.

I'm down if our schedules match up. Work all day tomorrow and won't be on until after that. I just hope I like the game. I didn't like destiny in the beta, didn't really love it until I found DGAF. Hope the same follows suit with the Division.

Kyoufu

Oh so kill spree portion is done in PVE and then you need 7 headshot kills total in a single match. That's not *TOO* bad.

But still bad.

What's the longest game type? Control?

Oh so kill spree portion is done in PVE and then you need 7 headshot kills total in a single match. That's not *TOO* bad.

But still bad.

Yeah control but you may have an easier time doing it in classic rumble or classic 3v3 where a lot of players without TTK will be playing.

deviant1

But still bad.

Yes, 7 headshot kills in one game for the PVP portion.

Control is probably your safest bet. It took me about 5-6 games to finally get the feel of the gun and complete the quest step. I never use hand cannons since TTK dropped and I'm crap in PVP so if I can do it anybody should be able to.

amar212

I just got my first Grasp of Malok from ordinary Heroic and I need an advice.

Headseeker / Fitted Stock / Feeding Frenzy

Keep or forget?

LTWood12

Found a $50 Best Buy gift card I thought I lost while I was cleaning yesterday. Guess I'll be checking out the Division after all :)

I'm down if our schedules match up. Work all day tomorrow and won't be on until after that. I just hope I like the game. I didn't like destiny in the beta, didn't really love it until I found DGAF. Hope the same follows suit with the Division.

Wear. Sunscreen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTJ7AzBIJoI

But Oryx Challenge Mode tomorrow for the 4th time? That 320 artifact!

Kreep, plz!

Godspeed, Kreep. King's Fall is terribad only kept tolerable by our amazing raid group.

Don't worry John, I'm still D E S T I N Y 4 L I F E..or is that L I F E 4 D E S T I N Y?

I'll be there. Need some 320 infusion fodder anyway.

We got Oryx down to farming levels.

noomi

Oh god, yeah that was a huge pain. I believe I just hopped into a free-for-all match and camped people with a heavy MG. The rage was real.

Okay, first full match and I did it.

That was... easy lol.

Apologies for the rage.

Nice :D

Spades

Further to my previous post, I decided to upgrade my vanilla PS4 copy to The Taken King.

So I'm looking for anyone who wants a Refer-a-Friend on PS4 before I activate the code?

Background: I main on Xbox and have 3x 320 characters on there. I bought a vanilla PS4 copy because I'm so damn addicted to Destiny and wanted something to do before new content. So now I've got TTK on PS4 as well, I'd ideally like someone to Refer-a-Friend me who already plays in a group/clan that I can join and take part in activities with.

I'm in the UK, so ideally I'd like a group who likes to play from 8pm GMT onwards.

As I main Xbox, I have like no friends on PS4, so the above is kind of a big requirement for me and anyone who wants to Refer-a-Friend me!

spyder_ur

Unless I'm missing something, doesn't The Division leveling/'gear level' sound pretty much exactly like Destiny post TTK? That doesn't excite me especially since the gear seems so incredibly bland.

I like how I'm getting my Division news from this thread, not the OT.

So I'm looking for anyone who wants a Refer-a-Friend on PS4 before I activate the code?

I'm so damn addicted to Destiny and wanted something to do before new content. So now I've got TTK on PS4 as well, I'd ideally like someone to Refer-a-Friend me who already plays in a group/clan that I can join and take part in activities with.

I'm in the UK, so ideally I'd like a group who likes to play from 8pm GMT onwards.

As I main Xbox, I have like no friends on PS4, so the above is kind of a big requirement for me and anyone who wants to Refer-a-Friend me!

Kyoufu, it's your lucky day.

Nothus

But still bad.

What is the kill spree bit of the quest actually asking you to do? The wording is so confusing. Is it seven, separate kill sprees or one kill spree of seven kills?

Kyoufu

Kyoufu, it's your lucky day.

I would but out of my friends only I'm left playing so there's no real group/clan to join.

If Spades still wants me to do the RAF with him though, I'd be up for it.

What is the kill spree bit of the quest actually asking you to do? The wording is so confusing. Is it seven, separate kill sprees or one kill spree of seven kills?

7 kill spree (I woke the hive and killed 7 thralls in one clip) and then in a single Crucible match you need 7 headshot kills. Much easier than the wording implied.

LTWood12

Unless I'm missing something, doesn't The Division leveling/'gear level' sound pretty much exactly like Destiny post TTK? That doesn't excite me especially since the gear seems so incredibly bland.

I like how I'm getting my Division news from this thread, not the OT.

Yep. Gear just seems so uninteresting, drab, and brown. I can't imagine what the equivalent of an exotic will be.

Spades

I would but out of my friends only I'm left playing so there's no real group/clan to join.

If Spades still wants me to do the RAF with him though, I'd be up for it.

Hey man, presumably you're still raiding and whatnot with people on GAF, right? I mean I'm not fussed who I play with as long as I have some people to play with - I know how hard it is to actually get games with a reliable group of people, despite what many would have you believe!

Kyoufu

Hey man, presumably you're still raiding and whatnot with people on GAF, right? I mean I'm not fussed who I play with as long as I have some people to play with - I know how hard it is to actually get games with a reliable group of people, despite what many would have you believe!

Yeah joining a GAF raid group here is pretty simple, you just post that you want to join and that's really it. You won't need me for that :p

I don't have a set raid group though, I just tag along with whichever group is LFM here in the thread.

I'm only 22 ranks away from all 9!

What are you doing exactly?

Grinding Glimmer and buying weapon parts?

Using SC and buying Heavy ammo from Xur?

It seems like I roughly get about 100 SC a week from normal-ish play? I don't want to just blow my entire SC piggy bank right now.

Spades

Yeah joining a GAF raid group here is pretty simple, you just post that you want to join and that's really it. You won't need me for that :p

I don't have a set raid group though, I just tag along with whichever group is LFM here in the thread.

It's always good to know someone though!

WeTeHa

It's always good to know someone though!

You can add me. I'm GMT+1, so roughly the same timezone. I'm not really part of a clan, I usually just join someone to help out with the clan trophies and then I'm to lazy to leave :p
Clans are super useless anyway, I never visit bungie.net.

I usually raid with people on gaf by just posting a list myself or joining another list. Or if someone on my friends list needs help and I'm available I also help out.

LTWood12

The only exotic class items I have are from the collectors edition. I think my highest faction rank is like 19 w/ Dead Orbit on my Titan.

Top Bottom