• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

LTWood12

I hate that the whole prime discount on games thing is physical only. I wanted to play Far Cry 4 this weekend, but literally was too lazy to go and get the disc. So I started MGSV instead.

Spades

You can add me. I'm GMT+1, so roughly the same timezone. I'm not really part of a clan, I usually just join someone to help out with the clan trophies and then I'm to lazy to leave :p
Clans are super useless anyway, I never visit bungie.net.

I usually raid with people on gaf by just posting a list myself or joining another list. Or if someone on my friends list needs help and I'm available I also help out.

Thanks; the more Destiny friends on my PS4, the better. My PSN ID is "Block-Mate".

Lnkn52

I hate that the whole prime discount on games thing is physical only. I wanted to play Far Cry 4 this weekend, but literally was too lazy to go and get the disc. So I started MGSV instead.

I started playing Far Cry 4 (Digital Edition) and was having alot of fun. Just hunting prey and flying in a helicopter is hilarious.

We did it!

cJ5NQ5G.png

I was watching the Giant Bomb stream... And I had a bunch of Amazon credit left over from Christmas and I said... why not?
Honestly, the Division is great fun, especially in a group. Pair up with someone from DGaf
this DGaf or the new one
and let the fun commence. I'm just waiting for reviews but I'll have the game no later than Friday.

Further to my previous post, I decided to upgrade my vanilla PS4 copy to The Taken King.

So I'm looking for anyone who wants a Refer-a-Friend on PS4 before I activate the code?

Background: I main on Xbox and have 3x 320 characters on there. I bought a vanilla PS4 copy because I'm so damn addicted to Destiny and wanted something to do before new content. So now I've got TTK on PS4 as well, I'd ideally like someone to Refer-a-Friend me who already plays in a group/clan that I can join and take part in activities with.

I'm in the UK, so ideally I'd like a group who likes to play from 8pm GMT onwards.

As I main Xbox, I have like no friends on PS4, so the above is kind of a big requirement for me and anyone who wants to Refer-a-Friend me!

I'm UK based and part of an active Destiny clan. We don't have ridiculous recruiting criteria. We just like to chill out and have a laugh. We have people on most nights and get as many through anything and everything they want in game (except trials carries as we are not pvp gods).

Up to you dude. I play mainly with my clan mates but lurk in here loads and play with gaf every now and then.

Don't mind if you do the refer a friend with someone else, but if you fancy a regular group you are welcome to drop me a message

Kalamari

The cold going around is some serious shit. Stay healthy guys.

At least I have Division streams to entertain me. Oh, and trials streams as well.

X-Frame

Probably a long shot but does anyone need to/want to do the Exotic Sword Darkblade strike for the quest?

I need the Arc exotic sword. I've done it 2x already but have been putting this off for months.

What are you doing exactly?

Grinding Glimmer and buying weapon parts?

Using SC and buying Heavy ammo from Xur?

It seems like I roughly get about 100 SC a week from normal-ish play? I don't want to just blow my entire SC piggy bank right now.

I would also like to know this as I want to get the other two exotic cloaks for New Monarchy and FWC on my hunter.

What are you doing exactly?

Grinding Glimmer and buying weapon parts?

Using SC and buying Heavy ammo from Xur?

It seems like I roughly get about 100 SC a week from normal-ish play? I don't want to just blow my entire SC piggy bank right now.
I already had two or three factions near or over 25 when Taken King launched and then I had 2,000 ascendant materials in the vault that I turned into motes (took about an hour and a half of clicking X.) I had a stash of strange coins too. Otherwise, I just dump all motes into factions, buy a bunch of heavy synths with whatever strange coins I get, and I buy synths with glimmer. I go to Variks three times a week to get his packages and convert all ether seeds into heavy synths for 250 glimmer.

Synths are better than weapon parts, by the way.

I think Ima skip out on the division. Destiny will always be my one and only loot based squad game.

I am happiest in Destiny when I'm not chasing loot.

Ape said the reason he wants a PvP blog out of me is that my PvE posts are salty and critical, but my PvP ones are helpful and insightful.

But any time I encounter loot in this game I get salty or get low. Because chasing loot is very painful in this game. And rather than search for something, hope for something, it's less painful to give up, to keep my expectations low.

For the one activity I have left that I really enjoy, I have a perfect loadout for T5 INT/DISC with Arc/Sniper. I would love to have T5 INT/STR and T5 DISC/STR or not even maxing stats, just Void Armor/Shotgun perks. But there's no reasonable path to do that. Especially when half of the armor looks hideous. Even if I get it, it'll be so low level that it'll take forever in time and materials to level it up. So I don't hope. I play my one little subclass and activity that I enjoy and don't dare hope for anything else. The fun part of Destiny is so small for me.

"Listen to your mother, kids. Aim low. Aim so low no one will even care if you succeed. Dinner's in the oven. If you want some butter it's under my face."

the-twisted-world-of-marge-simpson14.png

Destiny is only a team-based shooter to me. Happy Division Day to folks tomorrow. May it be the loot filled game we all deserve.

Kyoufu

I farmed 3000+ Heavy Ammo synths just before TTK came out so I could rank up my factions to 25+ for the Exotics.

Glimmer -> Banshee + Strange Coins -> Xur

Sadly they nerfed the amount of Heavy Ammo you receive per coin but if you have a lot of SC then you probably won't care.

I am happiest in Destiny when I'm not chasing loot.

Ape said the reason he wants a PvP blog out of me is that my PvE posts are salty and critical, but my PvP ones are helpful and insightful.

But any time I encounter loot in this game I get salty or get low. Because chasing loot is very painful in this game. And rather than search for something, hope for something, it's less painful to give up, to keep my expectations low.

For the one activity I have left that I really enjoy, I have a perfect loadout for T5 INT/DISC with Arc/Sniper. I would love to have T5 INT/STR and T5 DISC/STR or not even maxing stats, just Void Armor/Shotgun perks. But there's no reasonable path to do that. Especially when half of the armor looks hideous. Even if I get it, it'll be so low level that it'll take forever in time and materials to level it up. So I don't hope. I play my one little subclass and activity that I enjoy and don't dare hope for anything else. The fun part of Destiny is so small for me.

Destiny is only a team-based shooter to me. Happy Division Day to folks tomorrow. May it be the loot filled game we all deserve.

Aaaahhh I like loot. But at the same time I feel I don't deserve to play the Division, simply because I need to get real life shit done.

I farmed 3000+ Heavy Ammo synths just before TTK came out so I could rank up my factions to 25+ for the Exotics.

Glimmer -> Banshee + Strange Coins -> Xur

Sadly they nerfed the amount of Heavy Ammo you receive per coin but if you have a lot of SC then you probably won't care.

Lol, you and Ray (RIP) farming gatekeepers

Rhaegar

That was pretty rough. Tell lupo he should take us all to mercury for that beatdown!

Thanks again for playing last night. I think I play too tight and try too hard when playing with you because I know you're a much stronger player and I don't want to disappoint you.

Yeah, Lupo and Ninja were no joke! My greatest Destiny achievement may be killing Ninja (once) while he was taking you both 2 on 1. Thanks again Xplicit and Axo for the run-- had a blast and learned a lot! Would be down for playing Trials with you guys anytime.

Tri4

Gonna pull out my hawkmoon for the first time since the nerf and see how it goes.

Edit: I would advise not doing this.

kassatsu

Banned
I don't think I will ever get to the lighthouse in y2. Got 7-0 twice last week, then got rolled.

Can't even get 5 wins this week lol

X-Frame

Gonna pull out my hawkmoon for the first time since the nerf and see how it goes.

Edit: I would advise not doing this.

Ha, yeah I tried this yesterday actually. Had a couple games where I did well with it, but I had to stay within short-medium to short range exclusively or else it's near impossible to hit anything. Might as well have used TLW then. Phantom bullets or just missed shots because of the neutered range hurts it a lot.

Conversely, Thorn feels orders of magnitude better. There's no better primary IMO to play aggressively, though I do not have a Doctrine so I can't comment on that.

Is Bungie doing anything tomorrow to counter act?

I love how with the new COO, everything has become even more cloudy, and communication went from WTF to non existent.

Lovely,.

Axoman

Conversely, Thorn feels orders of magnitude better. There's no better primary IMO to play aggressively, though I do not have a Doctrine so I can't comment on that.

The fact that Thorn had it's own nerf in addition to overall hand cannon nerfs and it is still the strongest primary in normalized crucible isn't a testament to how strong it is, but how far everything else has fallen.

Thorn has always been strong, but prior to taken king we had a lot of other powerful weapons to go with it.

Kyoufu

Eh, at least it's only a month and you're not pre-paying for content you have to wait a year to gain access to.

A month for actual expansions is shit. Imagine if PS4 owners played The Dark Below and House of Wolves a month earlier than the Xboners. They'd be so pissed lol.

Deku Tree

I love how with the new COO, everything has become even more cloudy, and communication went from WTF to non existent.

Lovely,.

With the new CEO, we have a clear roadmap. Probably small PvE expansion in the spring that is likely free. Think April or more likely May. A paid "large expansion" in the fall. And a new game in 2017, I would guess in Fall 2017.

WipedOut

OT: watching the Peyton Manning retirement conference and some random reporter decided it appropriate to ask about the allegations from his Tennessee days. Couldn't believe the balls that lady had.

Lovely,.

Counter act? Bungie has made it clear they don't give a fuck if you play other games. They aren't at all interested in keeping people around. If anything it would be a poor decision to have any news tomorrow with the Division likely drowning it out.

Top Bottom