• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

deviant1

The bug was never fixed. Unless the "fix" was the current state the Crucible drops are in which is not a fix but more .004% bs.

I agree that a fix was never implemented. I didn't set foot into the Crucible until August 2015, and in that month of limited Crucible playtime I got so many weapon drops. I had more Party Crashers or Spare Changes alone drop in that 1 month than I've had all weapons in TTK post game rewards (5 total in TTK, 2 PC+1, 1 Ash Factory, 1 Revelator, and 1 Split Shifter Pro). I've yet to receive an IB weapon as a post game reward, I've bought them all from Saladin.

I agree that a fix was never implemented. I didn't set foot into the Crucible until August 2015, and in that month of limited Crucible playtime I got so many weapon drops. I had more Party Crashers or Spare Changes alone drop in that 1 month than I've had all weapons in TTK post game rewards (5 total in TTK, 2 PC+1, 1 Ash Factory, 1 Revelator, and 1 Split Shifter Pro). I've yet to receive an IB weapon as a post game reward, I've bought them all from Saladin.
House of Wolves Era Crucible had legendary drops raining down. It was glorious.

Ironically, you only needed the weapon to drop once because of rerolling.

sajj316

Played a bit of Prison of Elders last night .. loved match making on level 28. The damn thing should have match making for higher levels. Match make Crota and VoG too. We have mics darn-it!

Agree on loot drops. Nightfall is still embarrassing and not even worth my time. Although a competent crucible player .. I'm not hardcore enough for Trials.

The PvE content is drying up and it could stay relevant with some tweaks that Bungie is unwilling to do because yesterday's news is yesterday.

Tri4

Ugh man, can someone help me kill the taken champ at Skywatch? I literally sat here for 20 mins waiting for it and when it finally arrived it only stayed a few mins and I couldn't kill it by myself. Psn triablos4

Boo. Where's the PvP posts John? I don't like this PvE salt!

Get Hyped up my man! This weekend the hardcore of the hardcore will be left in Trials. Let the true
DDoSing
competition begin!

Would a painting of Fatebringer be acceptable?

Delivering the inevitable, one pull at a time.​

Still playing around with teaching myself watercolors, and rather than painting landscapes or whatever, I thought I'd do more painting for DGAF. This one is for LT, who's been a great friend. He invited me to a raid group to get my first Oryx kill after I struggled for weeks and then invited me to our awesome Challenge Mode group that's been running regularly since December.

It's funny. I asked him if he wanted a painting of his guardian and he sent me like 5 load outs. Pick one, man. Then I snarked that the only constant was Fatebringer, so we agreed, that was the best part of Destiny and that's what I painted.

It's cool seeing I'm not the only artist on here. Frenden for example does some amazing work.

WeTeHa

Finally done with work stuff.

Ugh man, can someone help me kill the taken champ at Skywatch? I literally sat here for 20 mins waiting for it and when it finally arrived it only stayed a few mins and I couldn't kill it by myself. Psn triablos4

Sure man, give me a couple of mins to get on.

Think they'll ever patch it so we can wear exotic class items without pledging the faction? Love my FWC cloak but I don't want another vacancy or rocket launcher from them (have all ships and shaders as well). Got a nice third eye, rifled barrel, outlaw vanity too.

Think they'll ever patch it so we can wear exotic class items without pledging the faction? Love my FWC cloak but I don't want another vacancy or rocket launcher from them (have all ships and shaders as well). Got a nice third eye, rifled barrel, outlaw vanity as well.

I hope so! It seems like a really odd oversight.

WipedOut

I brought my Vita to work :p Anyone got an Oryx checkpoint?

LT + Vita, thanks for reminding me of this

image.png

SpecX

This OT has been going forever. Can't believe it started in January and we're in March already. At this rate, we'll have a new OT quarterly.

I was farming omnigul yesterday in the director mission for a grasp. Of course, the drop rate is criminally bad.

My question is, had there been any evidence or consensus whether the drop rates are higher in heroic strikes as compared to strikes from the director? Has anyone determined if farming omnigul in the heroic strike is better?

I was wondering if some nerd on Reddit did a test or something that someone here knows about. If anyone has any insight, let me know.

I was farming omnigul yesterday in the director mission for a grasp. Of course, the drop rate is criminally bad.

My question is, had there been any evidence or consensus whether the drop rates are higher in heroic strikes as compared to strikes from the director? Has anyone determined if farming omnigul in the heroic strike is better?

I was wondering if some nerd on Reddit did a test or something that someone here knows about. If anyone has any insight, let me know.

I was JUST in an argument with someone on reddit who posted an SGA saying the drop rate is the same.

thing is, no one knows. there hasn't been any extensive testing on the matter. based on how long it can take for the mission to even come up in the heroic playlist I won't ever bother with it.

still waiting for it to be the nightfall

Did you all have any luck with good rolls dropping? Saw you, dmh and then true yesterday farming.

From what I've read in the past I don't think heroic adds any more of a chance for one to drop. Ive seen 6 total drop (3 for me, 2 for trance and one for wiped) in about maybe 6 hours of killing her (over three nights).

Drop rate of legendary items on higher levels is higher.

You can't farm omnigul on heroic though.

I was JUST in an argument with someone on reddit who posted an SGA saying the drop rate is the same.

thing is, no one knows. there hasn't been any extensive testing on the matter. based on how long it can take for the mission to even come up in the heroic playlist I won't ever bother with it.

still waiting for it to be the nightfall
I wish it were the nightfall also. Or you know, they make drop rates for strike specific items high enough that you don't have to use an exploit to get a drop. I'd love to see the guy in charge of this interviewed either in the weekly update or their twitch stream.

But yeah if it's higher in the heroic I'd consider that worth it.

WipedOut

Did you all have any luck with good rolls dropping? Saw you, dmh and then true yesterday farming.

From what I've read in the past I don't think heroic adds any more of a chance for one to drop. Ive seen 6 total drop (3 for me, 2 for trance and one for wiped) in about maybe 6 hours of killing her (over three nights).

Yet I had 4 drop in one hour on PS4. It truly is random.

We got a few, nothing really great though. Hoping for counter balance, braced frame, and a good sight in the top slot. Fucking moby dick.

Drop rate of legendary items on higher levels is higher.

You can't farm omnigul on heroic though.
Why can you not? Are you saying she can't be killed on the hill before the final room?

WipedOut

We got a few, nothing really great though. Hoping for counter balance, braced frame, and a good sight in the top slot. Fucking moby dick.

Why can you not? Are you saying she can't be killed on the hill before the final room?

I've tried to kill her before getting into the final room several times, she has too much health.

HM KF Raid 9pm est - Hopefully CM only with some daughters sprinkled in.

Pandora012

If any of you fine people have an Oryx or Daughters CP, would you mind sharing?

just remember, 1000 x 0 is still 0

it would have to be considerably higher since your time between runs would increase. you essentially want the % of legendary drops per hour to increase. I'm not convinced yet that it would be worth it, at least for that specific strike for that specific drop

imago loop farming seems like it might definitely be worth it

how do you know this?

and you CAN farm her on heroic.

She's a real pain on heroic, it's near impossible to farm her in the hallway effectively.

Also, drop rates for strike legendaries and purple engrams is higher on higher difficulties.

Lowest to highest drop rates:

Director
Vanguard
Heroic
Nightfall (legendary drop is always strike exclusive on nightfall)

It's been tested since TTK came out, higher difficulty strike has a higher chance of legendary drop.

She's a real pain on heroic, it's near impossible to farm her in the hallway effectively.

so definitely possible. gotcha

Also, drop rates for strike legendaries and purple engrams is higher on higher difficulties.

Lowest to highest drop rates:

Director
Vanguard
Heroic
Nightfall (legendary drop is always strike exclusive on nightfall)

It's been tested since TTK came out, higher difficulty strike has a higher chance of legendary drop.

where are you getting your information for this? I haven't seen any that wasn't rhetoric

I've tried to kill her before getting into the final room several times, she has too much health.

The hill where the Ogre spawns and whatnot? That's where I killed her when I farmed. Have 2-3, 3 is the easiest, people take turns tethering. Use swords. I think only 1 or 2 of us had Exotic Swords but yea, it's pretty easy as long as you time the tethers and not let her get away (always tether before the tether before yours ends)

Top Bottom