• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

WeTeHa

Anybody up for raid challenge mode (x3)?
Can start as soon as we get 6.

1. WeTeHa
2. Light_Knight_sky

Does anybody have sisters/oryx cp I can grab?

phen0m24

If anyone fancies buying ANOTHER game on this fine Tuesday, Plants vs Zombies GW2 is $40 at Amazon. The Deluxe is $50.

Best Buy price matched as well. Just FYI.

Since we're getting at least somewhere near the end of this OT:

dEY5wLc.png

This OT has had:
  • Crimson Doubles
  • TWO Iron Banners
  • Doctrine HYPE Weekend
Still tied for slowest moving OT yet.

Mindlog

Division highlights one of the things I hate about Infusion. A gun being more effective because its number is bigger really bums me out. In Division that's a WAY bigger problem for me than the bullet sponge enemies. High enemy health can be resolved by realizing it makes the game better and nano-fiber materials. ...

Seeing an M1 over and over again working the same way, but getting bigger numbers gets under my skin. Upgrading a weapon from 280 to 300+ is a really unrewarding experience. It's funny how much Mass Effect was criticized for a limited loot table, but there every piece of lot had its own identity. They could cut weapon levels entirely and I would be happier.

Loot games.
t0xs9C1.gif

Bring back SRL please.

Division highlights one of the things I hate about Infusion. A gun being more effective because its number is bigger really bums me out. In Division that's a WAY bigger problem for me than the bullet sponge enemies. High enemy health can be resolved by realizing it makes the game better and nano-fiber materials. ...

Seeing an M1 over and over again working the same way, but getting bigger numbers gets under my skin. Upgrading a weapon from 280 to 300+ is a really unrewarding experience. It's funny how much Mass Effect was criticized for a limited loot table, but there every piece of lot had its own identity. They could cut weapon levels entirely and I would be happier.

Loot games.
t0xs9C1.gif

Year 1 had Fatebringer.
Year 2 has 320 Infusion Fuel.

Which is more exciting?

Second match: 3/6 enemy players have red bars and shoot through walls.
So glad I decided to boot this game up this week lol.

I've been playing zone control pre and post patch. Pre hardly any red bars and good connections now it's fucking awful. Special not picking up, shot round corners, people not taking damage or falling over 5 seconds after you shoot them. GG bungie

I've been playing zone control pre and post patch. Pre hardly any red bars and good connections now it's fucking awful. Special not picking up, shot round corners, people not taking damage or falling over 5 seconds after you shoot them. GG bungie

Good to know I'm not the only one.
I'm sure the active player base is low right now and all, especially with the Division, but it's still annoying since according to Bungie the new patch was supposed to make things better, not worse.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Destiny noob here, so forgive me if this question is stoopid:

Is there any reason to not dismantle old, bad gear/weapons?

Nope.
The only thing to keep in mind is that weapon light levels do not matter in regular crucible.
This means there are weapons that can still be very useful in pvp long after they have become useless in pve.

Since we're getting at least somewhere near the end of this OT:

dEY5wLc.png

This OT has had:
  • Crimson Doubles
  • TWO Iron Banners
  • Doctrine HYPE Weekend
Still tied for slowest moving OT yet.

And that Doctrine week hype was 100 pages worth of posts. Without it i dont know where we would be.

Also the next one will be the slowest moving OT ever for sure.

Frenden

Banned
Well, shit. Division let me start playing, but is apparently not 100% downloaded, so I'm stuck in Brooklyn. I'm batting .1000 at Division game-league-ball right now.

Number45

Can Sealed Ahamkara Grasps roll with Int/Dis? Thinking of picking them out of the kiosk as I have plenty of 320 gauntlets to get them up to 320.

IF only I was better, I would feel confident doing full Mercury runs every week with you

Honestly i'm not that good as well. And to be fair we could have done single carries relatively easily (compared to now) if all the trials population left wasn't hardore players and if the matchmaking was still like it was in year 1. Nowadays its pretty tough, drizz mentioned that back at the beggining of trials unstable could do double carries without breaking a sweat all day. He's unstable but still.

Namikaze1

Well, shit. Division let me start playing, but is apparently not 100% downloaded, so I'm stuck in Brooklyn. I'm batting .1000 at Division game-league-ball right now.
Played for about 7 hours and am nearly level 9. So far I'm liking it. Crafted some powerful weapons. Hell, haven't bought anything yet. Just keep selling, crafting, and looting.

I recommend matchmaking for the story/wings missions. Haven't done a mission on normal yet. Every single one has been on hard. The first Security Wing mission on hard was fucking hard even with a full team. Still managed to beat it. The Medical Wing mission and the first story mission just took two of us to beat. I've been doing just side quests so far.

Also, sorry, Vaal. You joined in while I was busy clearing the side quests in that one area. Not sure if you were looking to do story/wings missions since you left two minutes later.

Raven117

This OT also had some Division hype in it.

It's okay DGaf. The game is going through changes. Everyone will come back once new content drops. Its okay!

Enjoy the time off. Play Division, go enjoy spring, do something else! Its going to feel a lot like the first day of school after summer break when new content drops.

Frenden

Banned
Played for about 7 hours and am nearly level 9. So far I'm liking it. Crafted some powerful weapons. Hell, haven't bought anything yet. Just keep selling, crafting, and looting.

I recommend matchmaking for the story/wings missions. Haven't done a mission on normal yet. Every single one has been on hard. The first Security Wing mission on hard was fucking hard even with a full team. Still managed to beat it. The Medical Wing mission and the first story mission just took two of us to beat. I've been doing just side quests so far.

Also, sorry, Vaal. You joined in while I was busy clearing the side quests in that one area. Not sure if you were looking to do story/wings missions since you left two minutes later.

Yeah--I need to remember that I can matchmake all that stuff! I keep reading that selling is a bad idea and that the mats for crafting are a better investment from breaking things down than the dough for trading it in. I've yet to have to do any of that yet.

I probably have another seven hours of downloading. Boo.

Namikaze1

Honestly i'm not that good as well. And to be fair we could have done single carries relatively easily (compared to now) if all the trials population left wasn't hardore players and if the matchmaking was still like it was in year 1. Nowadays its pretty tough, drizz mentioned that back at the beggining of trials unstable could do double carries without breaking a sweat all day. He's unstable but still.
That first weekend, he definitely was doing double carries.

I ended up joining him on the first Friday and then again on Sunday and Monday for my alts.

Yeah--I need to remember that I can matchmake all that stuff! I keep reading that selling is a bad idea and that the mats for crafting are a better investment from breaking things down than the dough for trading it in. I've yet to have to do any of that yet.

I probably have another seven hours of downloading. Boo.
I tend to do a mixture of both but as I leveled up, I ended up selling less and dismantling a lot more.

One tip I will give you is to check what each upgrade of the wings give you. You're forced to always buy the first upgrade for all three wings but after that you can pick whichever upgrade you want. Each one gives you a permanent perk.

One of the main things I want to accomplish during this lull is my first Y2 Mercury trip. I just don't see it happening without more practice though.

Maybe...I'll...ugh...gulp...start using a sniper in Trials this weekend...

Hurts to say it.

SpecX

One of the main things I want to accomplish during this lull is my first Y2 Mercury trip. I just don't see it happening without more practice though.

I'm with you, this and a HM Oryx kill are my only goals left till new content drops. I got my Trials gantlets to drop last week from the gold tier bounty and I'm not interested in reaching LL 320 especially if they plan on bumping it, so I'm just about done with my bucket list in this game.

Top Bottom