• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Lnkn52

Welp...working as intended right?

Here's a picture of my dog...
Not really mine

dog-how-to-select-your-new-best-friend-thinkstock99062463.jpg

maomaoIYP

How many engrams did it take :D Someone on Reddit reckoned the ammo swap is different between PvE/P but I'm sure its the same if its sniper to sniper, confirm please

Also are you staying up for reset?

Yes I'm staying up.
I bought 3 engrams, it was the very first one. After that I got Dreg's and a 4th Horseman.
I did Icebreaker to shotgun on inferno.
6 rounds gave me 17 shotgun ammo. I have no reason to suspect that it is different for snipers.

Yes I'm staying up.
I bought 3 engrams, it was the very first one. After that I got Dreg's and a 4th Horseman.
6 rounds gave me 17 shotgun ammo. I have no reason to suspect that it is different for snipers.

I guess I need to pull the old IB out of the vault for Trials next weekend.

Bungie, Bungie, Bungie.

Deku Tree

Yes I'm staying up.

How long does it take to generate six rounds? Might be hard for Bungie to patch this exploit...

Ghazi

How long does it take to generate six rounds? Might be hard for Bungie to patch this exploit...
A decent bit, I think it's 8 seconds per round now? If it's possible for them to make exceptions by weapon, they could just make Icebreaker and Invective rounds not transfer. Those guns really should've worked like that in the first place, imo. I'm sure they thought of that and didn't want to do it because they want the rules to be as consistent as possible, though.

It's 7 seconds per bullet but IB can still OHK in trials, so if you can push orbs rez sniping shouldn't be an issue or even if it is, it's only for one round as each IB bullet equals 3 on swapping, so you should have more than enough

Will be hilarious if its not patchable

Frenden

Banned
I wonder if Icebreaker could still non-revive headshot snipe in power level enabled PvP?

If so, I might not bother to unequip it. Snapshot, high AA. What's not to like?

EDIT: lol, Mehrman and I came to the same simultaneous conclusion--you might not need to unequip it for most of the match.

Next patch:

Hello guardians! We have patched an exploit with Icebreaker and Invective. They were regenerating ammo over time when in fact it was supposed to give you bonus ammo from special ammo pick ups. Whoopsie daisy! But worry not we have hotfixed this bug!

stb

Wish I had more than 24 SC. I wouldn't mind loading up on those special legacy engrams. All the Y1 exotics I'm missing are special. =\

maomaoIYP

It's 8 seconds per bullet but IB can still OHK in trials, so if you can push orbs rez sniping shouldn't be an issue or even if it is, it's only for one round as each IB bullet equals 3 on swapping, so you should have more than enough

Will be hilarious if its not patchable

Edit it's 48 seconds for a full mag

It's a little faster in inferno, I'm watching the countdown clock, it takes about 7 seconds a round
Updated the top post with a video too.
It's 17 rounds shotgun, 18 rounds sniper.

edit: Testing sidearms and dreg's promise (with field scout) now

SpecX

Nice! Just checked and saw I have 49/50 of the fragments. Just need to get the Golgoroth CM one next week and I'm done with that awful hunt.

For the HM Raid trophy, do I need to do the raid from start to finish or would I be able to start at the totems? I'm assuming I need to complete the entire thing, but figured I'd ask before I plan it and disappoint myself.

E92 M3

Nice! Just checked and saw I have 49/50 of the fragments. Just need to get the Golgoroth CM one next week and I'm done with that awful hunt.

For the HM Raid trophy, do I need to do the raid from start to finish or would I be able to start at the totems? I'm assuming I need to complete the entire thing, but figured I'd ask before I plan it and disappoint myself.

You just need to kill Oryx on HM. Doing other parts isn't a requirement.

Namikaze1

^^^ darth_vader_join_me.jpg

So we have 3 for totems + Warpriest x2

Need 3 more.

Johnny, are you still interested in running just those two checkpoints? I know you said you wanted to do the whole thing.

Defuser

If someone have told my past self 8 months ago that Necrochasm is beastly in PvP I would have laugh it off but now with the rise of bullethose autorifles like Doctrine of Passing and Arminus-D, I took Necrochasm out for a spin and damn..... this thing shreds. Zen moment+ Aggressive Ballistics(optional) = RIP opponents.

aarcane

If someone have told my past self 8 months ago that Necrochasm is beastly in PvP I would have laugh it off but now with the rise of bullethose autorifles like Doctrine of Passing and Arminus-D, I took Necrochasm out for a spin and damn..... this thing shreds. Zen moment+ Aggressive Ballistics(optional) = RIP opponents.

It would be even better if Bungie had left Aggressive Ballistics alone. It's quite depressing, re-reading the 2.0.0 patch notes and seeing how many times the word "reduced" appears. So many good weapons neutered: https://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-Update---09082015/en/News/News?aid=13474

Yep. Aggballs is gives you an extra 5% damage or something and it just destroys. Would love for it to get updated to Year 2. Especially since Bungie biffed it and didn't drop husk of the pit for months.

Frenden

Banned
The number of exotics still with no y2 version is a real bummer. Thorn can die in a fire and Pocket Infinity is, at times, hilariously broken, but the rest can come up to y2, I think.

What else is "broken" and definitely not getting a y2? Gjallar-breaker and...

The number of exotics still with no y2 version is a real bummer. Thorn can die in a fire and Pocket Infinity is, at times, hilariously broken, but the rest can come up to y2, I think.

At the rate we're going Ophsdian Aspects and Shinobus Vow

After a month of not playing destiny and playing games like ffx i logged in yesterday and booted up some crucible.
My god my eyes!

Its like everything was in slow motion and i was moving super fast.

Took about an hour to adjust and not fill nauseous. Should have played patrol first to adjust

Still came in 3rd in rumble though

LTWood12

Go fucking get those fuckers Ice Breaker. They didn't bring you into year 2 but you give zero fucks. We're all behind you until the end.

Patch 2.2.0 No Back-Pack has been replaced by Shoot to Loot

My Lucky Raspberry ;_;

flkraven

Go fucking get those fuckers Ice Breaker. They didn't bring you into year 2 but you give zero fucks. We're all behind you until the end.

Patch 2.2.0 No Back-Pack has been replaced by Shoot to Loot

It would be cool if there was an exotic where shoot to loot worked on the actual crates too. Snipe a heavy crate while their whole team is camped on it, lol

Top Bottom