• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

aarcane

Looks like I'll be getting a Stag for my new Warlock. I'll get a Suros too, ensuring that I get one from an engram at some point over the weekend.

And it's another day I can fail to get the Spindle. Awesome!

amar212

So much skill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWfyTpx3Sw8

Honestly, I usually shit on Bungie for a lot of things but these changes sound great, if they actually work.

3 server updates during IB and it didn't feel like I was playing anything different.

From my subjective perspective, the problem with sniper was never an ammunition.

Nor it was an aim-assist.

It was always a STABILITY.

The current meta of snipers is 100% as it should be (I am not a sniper user BTW), only problem is incredible instant stability of the scopes.

If actual scoping would ask for a stabilization (0,3-0,5 sec, #numbersfrommyass), or even better - for breath hold (via R3 or whatever), snipers would be perfectly acceptable.

Time to spend all my coins in hopes of getting that Queenbreakers Bow again, I guess.

Edit:

Finally got it, with my first engram.
I don't know if I just got lucky, had the worst luck before, or they fixed it.
All other legacy engrams worked as they advertised, just this special weapons one kept giving me stuff I already had.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
People expect the game to be more realistic have to take a step back and look at the game. In a game where you go against god like beings and there are powers beyond human comprehension you would expect things to be exaggerated. I'm sure all these ghosts waking up guardians don't expect to wake up scrubs.

Deku Tree

header_frontpage.jpg

I want that ship in the background! Fatal vision... What's up with the tease Deej?

Anyone looking to do the daily heroic for the Black Spindle? PSN is DiabloHellfire if interested.

I don't need it but if you want help with the mission just post again and I can get online to do a run. If you have any of the exotic swords that will help a lot.

Looks like I'll be getting a Stag for my new Warlock. I'll get a Suros too, ensuring that I get one from an engram at some point over the weekend.

And it's another day I can fail to get the Spindle. Awesome!

Same thing as above, if you need help w the mission just post again.

Matt Frost

I love the nerf to shotguns and sniper ammo and red bars, maybe trials won't have so much sniping anymore and can be more about fights with primaries, like in every other shooter out there. Good times.

aarcane

Same thing as above, if you need help w the mission just post again.

Sadly, I'm on XB1, but thanks for the offer. I'll see if anyone I usually play with is willing to help. Most will probably be taking advantage of the last weekend of spawning with sniper ammo in Trials.

Early morning late night trials sessions are going to be back! Kappa :p

I want to try the new Trials MM at least a little this weekend. I didn't play any Banner and heard mixed reports about how much of a difference the new MM made, so who knows. I'm worried there won't be a huge difference in Trials if the win-based criteria is still too strong, but only one way to find out.

I may be around for a bit when Trials launches but not sure yet. Otherwise it would probably have to be later in the evening as per usual. We'll see how things shake out.

Sadly, I'm on XB1, but thanks for the offer. I'll see if anyone I usually play with is willing to help. Most will probably be taking advantage of the last weekend of spawning with sniper ammo in Trials.

haha right on, no worries. Good luck!

I'm really curious to see how the ammo changes affect Trials when they go live. Personally I think it could easily remove special completely. I'd never want to sit around waiting for special crates just to sit around hard scoping lanes. Sounds much better to rush fools down with primaries every round, knowing that you don't have to worry about snipers or shotguns. Of course the issues with Sidearms and potential Icebreaker/Invective
ab
use could throw this out the window but we'll have to wait and see.

Just tested ammo switching on patrol

Loading in with sidearm dying and switching gives you 5 bullets. A mag of invective gives you 5 and 6 icebreaker equals 18 bullets :d I forgot how nice snapshot is with Ice Breaker, I'm warming to the new cheese meta already

Namikaze1

Anyone still need to do Warpriest challenge? Need to do it two more times. I have totems CP.

I'll be available for most of the day.

Anyone still need to do Warpriest challenge? Need to do it two more times. I have totems CP.

I'll be available for most of the day.
I'll do a Totems -> Oryx run with my Titan in ~3hrs (still at work atm).

I'll post a DGAF sign here when I get home, if we can't get 6 in ~15-20min, I'm off to r/fireteams. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Namikaze1

I'll do a Totems -> Oryx run with my Titan in ~3hrs (still at work atm).

I'll post a DGAF sign here when I get home, if we can't get 6 in ~15-20min, I'm off to r/fireteams. ¯_(ツ)_/¯
Unfortunately, I'm only doing totems and Warpriest. I'm done doing full runs. Just gonna do CM and nothing more from now on.

Icebreaker is about to get real popular.

Unless there's a change in the patch notes, not a lot will change. The thirst for the Doctrine on the 19th will be real :d I'll test it out later with 1-5 bullets and swapping

Edit just tried it again from 1-6 and it gives you 3 1000yd for every IB bullet, sniper ammo perks make zero difference

LTWood12

Great. ice Breaker has already been nerfed to a fraction of its former self. They didn't foresee this cheese so now I'm sure they'll fuck Ice Breaker over even more instead, you know, fixing the problem itself.

Also, not a snowballs chance in hell they'll undo the last shotgun nerf in light of the new "no starting with special" rules. Also a shell of they're former selves.

Edit: No fun allowed, and we're all getting progressively less powerful than we were in year one. Jagsfan.gif

maomaoIYP

Unless there's a change in the patch notes, not a lot will change. The thirst for the Doctrine on the 19th will be real :d I'll test it out later with 1-5 bullets and swapping

Edit just tried it again from 1-6 and it gives you 3 1000yd for every IB bullet, sniper ammo perks make zero difference
I have no icebreaker, I am counting on you later trout.

Great. ice Breaker has already been nerfed to a fraction of its former self. They didn't foresee this cheese so now I'm sure they'll fuck Ice Breaker over even more instead, you know, fixing the problem itself.

Also, not a snowballs chance in hell they'll undo the last shotgun nerf in light of the new "no starting with special" rules. Also a shell of they're former selves.

Edit: No fun allowed, and we're all getting progressively less powerful than we were in year one. Jagsfan.gif

Thats what happens when they balance pvp and pve together. Such a mess.

flkraven

All they have to do is make it so if you change special weapons at any point in PvP you lose all your ammo. But of course they will nerf this way harder and it will ripple into PvE.

Honestly, how in the fuck do they do these balance changes and not predict this? The very first thing I thought when I saw the update was "time to start every map with invective or icebreaker"

All they have to do is make it so if you change special weapons at any point in PvP you lose all your ammo. But of course they will nerf this way harder and it will ripple into PvE.

Honestly, how in the fuck do they do these balance changes and not predict this? The very first thing I thought when I saw the update was "time to start every map with invective or icebreaker"

Massively agree. Changing secondary and lose all ammo.

Maybe not all your ammo as that seems a bit harsh, but it definitely should be capped/maxxed at maybe 3 bullets or so.

If people are going to use icebreaker / invective / sidearms to feed ammo to their 1kYS etc then yeah they should lose all of it when swapping. It happens now if you swap weapons whilst alive. Ammo only stays if you swap whilst dead.

flkraven

Maybe not all your ammo as that seems a bit harsh, but it definitely should be capped/maxxed at maybe 3 bullets or so.

If people are going to use icebreaker / invective / sidearms to feed ammo to their 1kYS etc then yeah they should lose all of it when swapping. It happens now if you swap weapons whilst alive. Ammo only stays if you swap whilst dead.

Yup, just make it all your ammo. People that spawn into a map and realize they want to change from shotgun to sniper won't be punished since we spawn with no ammo anyways.

Top Bottom