• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Sounds like the effects are already in place in Skirmish, Rumble, and Control if you want a taste. From my experience, intercontinental matches are the name of the game. That Netduma is starting to look like a really nice investment.

Edit: and it looks like Trials will be feeling it this week, although just the matching filters, not the special nerf

Hmm yea I guess they are confusing.

"Crimson Days begins February 9th when we deploy 2.1.1"

That to me says it'll all come on Feb 9th :\

NeOak

That would be next weekend I think. Patch seems to go live 2/9 and so it'll be Trials on 2/12 - 2/15

Read again

Evaluating Guardians

Matchmaking has been under the microscope lately at Bungie. During Iron Banner, we introduced some new settings intended to reduce lag. Earlier this week, we applied those same settings to Skirmish. Yesterday, we brought Rumble and Control up to speed.

Tomorrow, Trials of Osiris joins the new-and-improved club.

Drizzay is taking a break from Destiny outside of reset raids but i would be interested if the results after the patch are meaninful or if you would just get matched with people from Peru, Australia etc like before. (Or even green bars that were just as laggy as red bars that drizz experienced).

:(

Gordon

Hmm yea I guess they are confusing.

"Crimson Days begins February 9th when we deploy 2.1.1"

That to me says it'll all come on Feb 9th :\
Yeah the playlist matching changes are probably classified as some sort of hotfix, but it's basically two+ updates all lumped together there. I only picked up on it because that's when it dawned on me why Skirmish and Rumble have been so bad recently lol

Read again

:(

ahh, i skipped that section for some reason. Well that's cool

I just played 1 game of Rumble and it's excruciatingly painful. I'm having a cool 1v1 battle at the very start with our primaries and a 3rd person walks up and shotguns us *GIANT STONEFACE*

Rumble is a giant Shotgun clusterfuck.

Less laggy Trials match making.... ?

t3evzz4gbm7gql9u3x2t.gif

"Old Agnes says that this is no world for half measures."

I get the sense that they've got very little left up their sleeve, and what they do have they're not confident enough about being able to release to hype. The bits and pieces we've seen since TTK feels more like broken ideas they managed to get working even if only just, and less like a long-term plan laid out years in advance, scrupulously executed to generate the most excitement.

They ran behind with vanilla release, had significant shortfalls with DLC 1 and 2, and scrapped 3/4 completely. Frankly we've already seen more content in Y2 than I was expecting given the circumstances. Not satisfying by any means - don't get me wrong - but when by all accounts the ship is sinking, it's kinda nice that they're trying to play us out.

I disagree that it's nice. I know that it is counter intuitive from the developer and publisher perspective but I'd prefer they just said hey, there's no need for you to grind to 320, we're putting all our efforts into Destiny 2 and we're excited to be applying what weve learned so far. We'll be supporting vanilla Destiny with Iron Banner, SRL and some other small updates but we're holding all new content for Destiny 2. If they said that I'd probably take a step back and distance myself from Destiny for the time being, but happily await D2.

Shiv47

We killed Omnigul 25 or so times, and got one strike drop between the three of us, and it was the bond. Got a bunch of armor/weapons parts I guess...

Gordon

I disagree that it's nice. I know that it is counter intuitive from the developer and publisher perspective but I'd prefer they just said hey, there's no need for you to grind to 320, we're putting all our efforts into Destiny 2 and we're excited to be applying what weve learned so far. We'll be supporting vanilla Destiny with Iron Banner, SRL and some other small updates but we're holding all new content for Destiny 2. If they said that I'd probably take a step back and distance myself from Destiny for the time being, but happily await D2.
I meant that like SRL etc. is kinda nice, and it would suck if they just ditched Destiny 1 and buried their heads in the sand. After the number of fuck-ups they've experienced it wouldn't be that much of a shocker if they did.

And 320 should still be worth something seeing as we're supposed to be carrying our guardians over to Destiny 2, although who knows what 320 will be worth once we get there. I just hope it's not a TTK situation where any random green gun is superior. That kind of mentality just lends itself to ignoring everything except the accepted meta and investing as little energy into gear as possible, which doesn't leave you with much to do in a loot game like this lol

daedalius

I meant that like SRL etc. is kinda nice, and it would suck if they just ditched Destiny 1 and buried their heads in the sand. After the number of fuck-ups they've experienced it wouldn't be that much of a shocker if they did.

And 320 should still be worth something seeing as we're supposed to be carrying our guardians over to Destiny 2, although who knows what 320 will be worth once we get there. I just hope it's not a TTK situation where any random green gun is superior. That kind of mentality just lends itself to ignoring everything except the accepted meta and investing as little energy into gear as possible, which doesn't leave you with much to do in a loot game like this lol

Well if it's anything like when wow expansions hit... Your raid gear will last for a while but not into the endgame.

I was about to say the first green would invalidate your gear, but then I remembered they changed that with the last couple expansions. If you had the best gear it lasted till you basically hit endgame in the next expansion.

I'm still perplexed by the ammo change, Reddit thinks its great as they won't be getting sniped all the time and playbook think its stupid as it will encourage spawn camping,

if a team manages to grab special first in Trials the other team are then at a significant disadvantage for the following rounds and you have invective/Ice Breaker. The fact sidearms are also unaffected looks to me that its yet another design not fully thought through

The damage referee could be interesting/cause uproar, the video I posted earlier shows that you'll still get matched against players from all over the world. How will the game determine who should be penalised, if you're bouncing between AUS/EU/USA of course someones going to lag/red bar but its not there fault its Bungies
matchmaking

Edit people are saying you get anything from 15-24 bullets if you switch a fully charged icebreaker :D Will test out different things later on

maomaoIYP

The damage referee could be interesting/cause uproar, the video I posted earlier shows that you'll still get matched against players from all over the world. How will the game determine who should be penalised, if you're bouncing between AUS/EU/USA of course someones going to lag/red bar but its not there fault its Bungies matchmaking

I'm not sure how the new matchmaking was changed, if at all. I'm looking at the records for all the rumble matches I played last night, everyone that I got matched up against had an ELO score close (within 200, out of 1200) to mine.

edit: Ok I took a closer look at the matches that I played before the matchmaking for rumble was changed, the opponents faced then clearly had much closer ELO to mine (within 100). I'm guessing that the matchmaking simply allows for a larger difference in skill difference, and a slightly higher priority on connection. It's most definitely not pure CBMM.

edit2: 2 weeks ago on the left, last night on the right
hw5CLO6.png
plRBhZe.png

Top Bottom