• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Axoman

Honestly, how in the fuck do they do these balance changes and not predict this? The very first thing I thought when I saw the update was "time to start every map with invective or icebreaker"

The more changes they make, the more it makes me think the people in charge don't play Destiny. They play data mining and spreadsheets.

LTWood12

I used Gregg's Promise in the rift daily today. Feels like shooting a mini Oversoul Edict for short range. It felt....kind of good.

It makes you wonder right?

The Destiny community is very passionate and very smart about the game.
The Destiny community knows this game like the back of their hands. I love when I play with people and they start listing damage numbers for a gun with different perks equipped.
They play in their own, self-contained crucible and I don't think it's populated by as many dickbags as the real world.
This too. I don't think they play with exploits like the player base does. I don't think they look for crazy angles to shoot other players

Frenden

Banned
I used Gregg's Promise in the rift daily today. Feels like shooting a mini Oversoul Edict for short range. It felt....kind of good.
Gregg's is the only Y1 anything I don't have. All my legacy special engrams keep turning into guns I already have. I gave up.

LTWood12

Gregg's is the only Y1 anything I don't have. All my legacy special engrams keep turning into guns I already have. I gave up.

I'd dismantled mine, so I had to pick it up out of my kiosk and level it w/ motes before jumping into crucible. Dismantled my QB and Lord of Wolves long ago too. Looking at those year one special weapons in the kiosk made me sad. Remember when shotguns were actually fun and viable in PvE? Lord of Wolves was so much fun. Yet another class of weapons nerfed by the fun police.

Whats going on, I dont understand anything going on in here, and I read the last two pages:

Why are we talking about Ice breaker?
Why are we buying legacy engrams?

E92 M3

The more changes they make, the more it makes me think the people in charge don't play Destiny. They play data mining and spreadsheets.

I've been saying this for months. Their ability to extrapolate data and reality is rather depressing lol.

Whats going on, I dont understand anything going on in here, and I read the last two pages:

Bungie is going to implement what's in Inferno: No spawning with Special. We immediately saw through this and thought of using weapons such as the Icebreaker and Invective which generate ammo over time. Today Xur is selling legacy special engrams which should allow people to try and get these weapons.

The BWU yesterday said that the next update will remove special ammo on spawn at the start of PvP matches. The catch is that you can equip Icebreaker to regen 6 shots then switch to your special weapon of choice while dead and get 17-18 bullets. Should be rife for abuse unless Bungie does something about it between now and activating the next patch.

People are just buying legacy engrams for the usual reason: trying to complete their collection of Year 1 exotic weapons. If people are missing any Y1 exotic specials then they can buy engrams from Xur this week.

I've been saying this for months. Their ability to extrapolate data and reality is rather depressing lol.

The data gathering...

I-just-want-it-to-stop-GIF.gif

The one map noone seems to have a problem with.

Every week I hold out hope for rotating...

Seriously. Rotating Maps made Trials very interesting. Exodus Blue would have been way better than Burning Shrine. Although BS frustrated me when it came back the 3rd time, it does hold a special place in my heart for being the first Trials map & Flawless ever.

Navy Bean

For alotta people, it was the first. The first time you enter it with 3 of your best buddies, that shrine is something like a sweet memory.

The Bungie playbook for deflecting attention:

1. Post pictures of dogs
2. Trials on Burning Shrine

and if all else fails...

3. Gjallarhorn

I got you to show up in here. That's something.

Drizz I've offered to pay for his lunch if you guys will stream a run. Rope wicked or some other sweaty third in and get cranking.

Woah woah woah....all I gotta do is stream for LT so he doesn't have to focus on work and I get a free lunch too?

flkraven

Forbes article

Destiny's 'Crimson Days' Sums Up Everything Currently Wrong With The Game

That leads me to believe that we pretty much have all the information at hand already. Crimson Days is essentially Tower decorations, new emotes and a new PvP mode, Crimson Doubles, which will hand out prizes like Chocolate Ghosts and pink shaders.

And if that’s the case, I don’t think I can come up with a better example of everything wrong with Destiny right now. The Crimson Days event highlights pretty much all of the problems currently plaguing Destiny, despite attempting to solve a few of them.

It’s been almost five months since Destiny saw any significant new PvE content, unless you’re counting the scarce handful of exotic bounties that have cropped up since The Taken King’s release and the rules-tweaking Raid Challenge Modes. In terms of actual content, all the new “events” have been heavily PvP focused. The Festival of the Lost featured really no new PvP or PvE content, as you could just play existing stuff with masks for prizes. Sparrow racing was technically PvP to the point where it essentially counted as a Crucible match for rep and some bounties. Now, the only signature thing about Crimson Days is Crimson Doubles, a PvP mode which you use to win all the prizes the event has to offer.

It’s just a little disheartening to see fans crying out for more content more loudly than ever, and at this exact moment the game is doling out probably the smallest-scale event the game has ever seen. Granted, it may be better than nothing for many, but that’s just not cutting it for most. The difference between Festival of the Lost and Crimson Days is that the Festival was well-received because people thought it would join new substantive content. But now by the time Crimson Days has rolled around, we’re all believing that these events are replacing substantive content with fluff. Eating a burger with ketchup is delicious, but eating a ketchup sandwich leaves a lot to be desired. And Destiny has felt like a ketchup sandwich for a good long while now.

More at the link. The bolded is funny.

The Bungie playbook for deflecting attention:

1. Post pictures of dogs
2. Trials on Burning Shrine

and if all else fails...

3. Gjallarhorn

If you're playing tonight and trying to get trials bounties done let me know. Nothing else left to do really so my as well start getting killed in trials. If you're trying to win then you know better than to team up with me.

can someone sum up how trials is now

do we lose all snipe ammo everytime we spawn or is it just that first round in the game where you dont spawn with ammo

Navy Bean

If you're playing tonight and trying to get trials bounties done let me know. Nothing else left to do really so my as well start getting killed in trials. If you're trying to win then you know better than to team up with me.

I might jump on for some Trials...but I haven't played for a week so it'll be a shit show lol.

Top Bottom