• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

todd360

Bring back Thorn.
Bring back Shot Package.
Bring back luck in the chamber.
Bring back Suros.
Bring back Gjallarhorn.
Bring back Fig.
Bring back Drizzay.

Deej shows up at both of their houses and takes a selfie with them and posts the pictures on the weekly update. Apologizes and says he can't make those other things happen.

Just now starting to get back into Destiny after a year or so long break from it. Anyone able to knock out the nightfall before the Super Bowl starts? PSN is Lordsirsama

Bring back Thorn.
Bring back Shot Package.
Bring back Suros.
Bring back Gjallarhorn.
Bring back OG Mythoclast.
Bring back Fig.
Bring back Drizzay.

Edit: Bring back my trials ELO from the dead. im going to blame it on doing trials bounties on vita the last two months.

Also arc bolt nades. I'm not asking for any more nerfs because they always fucking take it too far and apply it to more than they should.

ftfy

Three hours on one page.
Breezy please. Back me up on this. Thorn is fine and should definitely return in Year 3.

Yes. Thorn should return right meow.

Thorn needs a 2 cycle approach to coming back, AMIRITE?

ITS ONCE CYCLE OR WIPE IT

Thorn should come back but not be able to kill with DoT alone. You should have to land a shot to kill.

That way it still retains its uniqueness as a regen suppression device but isn't abused as a crutch by scrubs.

And the DoT should buffed and be able to kill in PVE so it can be fun in that arena too.

Thorn should have its changes reverted. None of this landing more hits for stronger dot nonsense.

Thorn needs to stay where it's at.... Back in year 1. No gun has infuriated me like that one. It ranks up there with snipers

You fool! The only counter to sniper rifles WAS the Thorn! Thats the only reasons sniper rifles are ridiculous, because nothing can challenge them!

SkylineRKR

Bring back OP raid weapons. I understand Bungie wants you to use different weapons but though I don't play, I understand its mostly MIDA now. So people are still only using a select few weapons at best. When I played, it was Hung Jury + 1000 YS + Ruin Wake/Qullim.

I stopped playing in November because of the KF loot not interesting me at all. I don't like the Raid weapons and gear and Heroic doesn't offer anything different. The end game is only a numbers game and I hate that. And afaik you can beat everything at sub 310 anyway. When or if Y3 hits newcomers are likely instantly 320. I also hate those time gated things. I did Sleeper, but I never finished NTTE because I quit by then.

VoG was a good Raid on itself, but I also kept playing it to get the likes of VoC, Corrective, Vex and Fatebringer. Those weapons were game changers and you couldn't buy them.

As for PvP, give me early Y1 also. AR, Fusion, Shotties, Sniper all useful tools. Red Death was a force as well (until they nerfed it to 3 burst later on, rebuffed before HoW). I enjoyed Vanquisher/Plan C combo or Suros + FV while HC worked too. Thorn took skill with its low mag and slow reload, it never needed a buff once players got the hang of it. I was surprised that Bungie still buffed it much later. If they want to bring Thorn back, revert it to launch day status.

Dthomp

Ugh was working on the Sleeper Stimulant questline today and spent 2 1/2 hours never having the Warsat fall and always being Eliminate the Target has me ready to explode. Time to watch the SB and log in later and hope I can find one before the nightly reset :/

The problem with the meta right now is that its just a bunch of fluctuating hills. One seconds its Hand Cannons, next second its Pulse Rifles, then its Mida. So they keep nerding in a damn circle, applying small buffs to the first thing nerfed. A good example is Mida coming out on top, and HCs getting a slight budd and pulse rifles torn down. When the MIDA is jerfed Im sure hand cannons will get a buff again. Outliers are Auto Rifles, neither here nor there, Bungie is too afraid to make them strong.

Its stupid. A key to balancing is keeping everything powerful, nerfing one thing and buffing another is just not fun and creates problems in the future. Everything should be buffed and made fun.

stay gold

Bring Thorn to y2 and just make it a 1 head 2 body kill (or leave it as is and let the whiners deal with it). Even without the DoT the gun puts every other HC to shame, the hit registration is amazing and I think its the only one with nice clear sights. Also dat sound.

Bring back Thorn.
Bring back Shot Package.
Bring back Suros.
Bring back Gjallarhorn.
Bring back Fig.
Bring back Drizzay.

Edit: Bring back my trials ELO from the dead. im going to blame it on doing trials bounties on vita the last two months.

Also arc bolt nades. I'm not asking for any more nerfs because they always fucking take it too far and apply it to more than they should.

LT, how could you. I thought we were friends.

Also, my Trials ELO is 1230. Numbers don't mean shit.

Bring back Thorn.
Bring back Shot Package.
Bring back Suros.
Bring back Gjallarhorn.
Bring back Fig.
Bring back Drizzay.

Bring back field scout too

Deku Tree

Ugh was working on the Sleeper Stimulant questline today and spent 2 1/2 hours never having the Warsat fall and always being Eliminate the Target has me ready to explode. Time to watch the SB and log in later and hope I can find one before the nightly reset :/

Gotta be sure you are in a zone where the Warsat can drop, and look at destinypublicevents.com to see when the next one is coming. Warsat can only drop in specific zones. It also helps if you can team up with two others and each wait in different zones then call it out if someone gets the Warsat.

deadduck

Thorn can die a horrible cold death. It's already a curse on normal playlists and I leave almost every game if someone has their crutch out.

Making everything OP is not an answer, we had that in the first year. the guns is very well balanced at the moment with the right range.

Dthomp

Gotta be sure you are in a zone where the Warsat can drop, and look at destinypublicevents.com to see when the next one is coming. Warsat can only drop in specific zones. It also helps if you can team up with two others and each wait in different zones then call it out if someone gets the Warsat.

Sad part is that I was using that site, just horrible horrible luck with which event would go on at the times...

Lost a Rumble match to a yellow bar because he lives in Chile. Beautiful coding there Bungle.

Geez I wonder if you all will make Activision stock drop--then I can at least pick up some stock for cheap.

ELO isn't a great measure of skill as so much of it is based on who you get matchmade against. If you either get super easy games or sweaty losses all the time your ELO will suck. There isn't necessarily a better option though, but I'd be more inclined to look at k/d and win% when trying to judge skill.

ELO isn't a great measure of skill as so much of it is based on who you get matchmade against. If you either get super easy games or sweaty losses all the time your ELO will suck. There isn't necessarily a better option though, but I'd be more inclined to look at k/d and win% when trying to judge skill.

Why have skill based matchmaking at all? I just have a hard time seeing why connection based matchmaking is not the gold standard and filter.

Just beat a rumble match where I had the same guy from Chile (says it in his profile), a guy from Brazil (profile and clan name), and possibly another game from a hispanic speaking country (based on his psn profile and psn username).

Why have skill based matchmaking at all? I just have a hard time seeing why connection based matchmaking is not the gold standard and filter.

Just beat a rumble match where I had the same guy from Chile (says it in his profile), a guy from Brazil (profile and clan name), and possibly another game from a hispanic speaking country (based on his psn profile and psn username).

Oh yeah I totally agree. Skill based matchmaking needs to go given how bad some of these connections are and how much lag is favored. The only thing they need to do in regards to skill is balance teams accordingly. As long as teams are balanced from the pool of the 6 or 12 players involved in a match and are distributed close to evenly there won't be a bunch of stompings and you can use pure cbmm.

Yea I just use it all as a ballpark measurement. Id like to see last 10-15ish matches of stats versus last 3 (destinytrialsreport)

There should be a quarterly rating along with the current overall rating. My overall stats are bad but my last few months are pretty decent

I think Thorn, Gjallarhorn, and Icebreaker will make their triumphant returns to year 2 in the last month before the next big fall content drop. I think there are about 11 exotic weapons that aren't year 2 yet. Half of them are endgame content specific (Nechrochasm, Vex, poe stuff) I think those will come back when there respective end game content comes back. So P&T, universal remote, and pocket infinity will all probably come back at the same time.

Yea I just use it all as a ballpark measurement. Id like to see last 10-15ish matches of stats versus last 3.

There should be a quarterly rating along with the current overall rating. My overall stats are bad but my last few months are pretty decent

It's so hard to dig out of a hole. My trials stats on my Hunter are completely stuck. They won't move up or down unless I play either really bad or good for a ridiculous amount of matches lol.

It's so hard to dig out of a hole. My trials stats on my Hunter are completely stuck. They won't move up or down unless I play either really bad or good for a ridiculous amount of matches lol.

Exactly. When you played so much it's so hard to change it. That's why a quarterly rating would be perfect, especially with the change of Bungie's favorite word, METAS

Highwind

Got some trials bounties to finish off.

Anyone mind playing with a 0/10 scrub? I'd be happy to get to 7 wins overall at a chance at getting the hand cannon but that is not essential as finishing some bounties.

Its stupid. A key to balancing is keeping everything powerful, nerfing one thing and buffing another is just not fun and creates problems in the future. Everything should be buffed and made fun.
Unfortunately Bungie doesn't agree and thinks that guns should take turns being in the spotlight and being in the garbage.

I still get pissed off just reading that Luke Smith interview... what kind of fucking way is that to run your game? Christ.

Unfortunately Bungie doesn't agree and thinks that guns should take turns being in the spotlight and being in the garbage.

I still get pissed off just reading that Luke Smith interview... what kind of fucking way is that to run your game? Christ.

That's the issue.

It's compounded even worse because they have the inability to balance PvE and PvP separately.

It's like...you have a huge fucking issue if PvP balancing affects PvE balance. There is no excuse for Bungie to do kindergarten shit like that. And until they figure out to balance separately, or hire more than 1 person to do handle the code for balancing separately, it's going to be a huge cloud hanging over this games head.

Got a link for that interview?

Loved night falls with all three burns because it was challenging but you could use whatever you wanted, which was always nice and a lot of fun

Got a link for that interview?
http://kotaku.com/bungie-answers-and-avoids-our-questions-on-the-future-1714199504

We want to have different weapons that have different seasons and ages and, you know, ‘This was the time when X was really powerful.’ When the game shipped, October last year, the Regime, SUROS. Now SUROS is but a memory. So I think that a bunch of weapons are on their own journey, and they’re all gonna get their time in the sun.

Might play some trials. The big game is rather boring. Offense ain't doing shit on either team.

Yo i can play some tonight too. Im not american so what is super bowl? Kappa

Ape was at a party but i bet todd could play with us if we asked nicely. Or kadey. Or someone (decent because im not that good to carry D: )

Namikaze1

Yo i can play some tonight too. Im not american so what is super bowl? Kappa

Ape was at a party but i bet todd could play with us if we asked nicely. Or kadey. Or someone (decent because im not that good to carry D: )
We have a SB party here but I'm so close to sneaking upstairs and playing something. Anything.

Edit: wings got ordered. Fuuuuuucccccckkkkkk. Dammit, they pulled me back in.

Highwind

Right now I am messing about in the crucible. As it is late I am not sure if its a good idea jumping into Trials.

Speaking off crucible, dunno what it is but something feels really off with it right now. :/

Mindlog

Restless - Guardians take increased damage while standing still.
Special Tactics - Guardians do more ADS damage while in proximity to another Guardian also in ADS.

Frenden

Banned
There were a few Crucible Radio podcasts with their weapons and sandbox devs where the concept of gun seasonality was touched on.

I've never liked balancing with seasons of specific archetypes as a goal. Seems like a crap ideology to me.

Mindlog

I would actually be FOR a seasonality approach, but the problem is it takes too much time on the PvE side to adapt.

My high impact pulse rifles are crap now? My hopscotch is a useless mid-tier weapon now? The Grasp of Malok is top dog now?

Goodie.

Trakan

What do people not like about Crucible primary balance currently? I can't see anything particularly broken standing out. I haven't played normal Crucible so I don't know how bad Thorn is, but I mean Y2. I don't think any weapon is in "season" right now. Sure, the Mida is in right now, but it's not far and above everything else like TLW/Thorn/Hawkmoon were. I think it's the most balanced we've had it right now (when it comes to primaries.) I get killed by everything.

The only thing I can think of is that legendary handcannons suck, but I feel like they always have. I guess TDYK and Lord High Fixer were decent back in the day, but they were never anything I'd use over other stuff we had back then.

PVE/PVP weapon balance is another thing entirely and I agree it sucks.

Right now I am messing about in the crucible. As it is late I am not sure if its a good idea jumping into Trials.

Speaking off crucible, dunno what it is but something feels really off with it right now. :/
The Crucible feels really off for me too. Nothing to do with the weapon balancing either, as it is in a pretty good state. I think Bungie is fiddling around with the matchmaking and combined with the smaller population, the crucible is too laggy and sweaty to be casual fun.

maomaoIYP

What do people not like about Crucible primary balance currently? I can't see anything particularly broken standing out. I haven't played normal Crucible so I don't know how bad Thorn is, but I mean Y2. I don't think any weapon is in "season" right now. Sure, the Mida is in right now, but it's not far and above everything else like TLW/Thorn/Hawkmoon were. I think it's the most balanced we've had it right now (when it comes to primaries.) I get killed by everything.

The only thing I can think of is that legendary handcannons suck, but I feel like they always have. I guess TDYK and Lord High Fixer were decent back in the day, but they were never anything I'd use over other stuff we had back then.

PVE/PVP weapon balance is another thing entirely and I agree it sucks.

I agree actually. Primary balance in PvP is in a very good spot right now. Aside from a few outliers like Doctrine and MIDA, everything is actually decently balanced. I've run across folks wrecking with a superb Eyasluna roll too, so even HCs aren't bad.

todd360

I would actually be FOR a seasonality approach, but the problem is it takes too much time on the PvE side to adapt.

My high impact pulse rifles are crap now? My hopscotch is a useless mid-tier weapon now? The Grasp of Malok is top dog now?

Goodie.

It is funny how much hype that weapon gets when kadey is the only person I have ever seen use one. It should be renamed the grasp of kadey.

Top Bottom