• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

ERMint13

I'm hoping Crimson Doubles is normal matchmaking so we can just play 2 v 2 with friends and have a good time. I really don't want to play with thorn and Matador to try to win.

LTWood12

Going to be interesting to see how the rewards work for CD, specifically the 320 ghost that so many will be chasing. Will there be a rank requirement you have to hit before it can drop? Will it be completely rng? I forsee some poeple grinding the whole week and still not getting one, but I hope it's more of a guaranteed type thing for a certain amount of participation.

Going to be interesting to see how the rewards work for CD, specifically the 320 ghost that so many will be chasing. Will there be a rank requirement you have to hit before it can drop? Will it be completely rng? I forsee some poeple grinding the whole week and still not getting one, but I hope it's more of a guaranteed type thing for a certain amount of participation.

Probably like everything else so far. You'll have a Rank 1 - whatever. Some quests along the way. Once you reach the max Rank you'll have a chance of getting the better drops.

Once I get the shaders I'm done with CD. I stopped chasing 320 a while ago.

stb

I hate myself a little for saying it, but I'd probably play if it was guaranteed after a certain amount of playing, IB style.

I wonder what they'll be selling. There have been masks and sparrows. But what will they have for Crimson Days? I don't believe they'll do just dances.

Frenden

Banned
I'm going full Thorn + RAM + solar armor + sunsinger. I've not used that combo in Y2, but it's clearly time to abuse the system.

Also, Her Benevolence.

I'm going full Thorn + RAM + solar armor + sunsinger. I've not used that combo in Y2, but it's clearly time to abuse the system.

Also, Her Benevolence.

Frenden pls...

not-like-this.gif

Frenden

Banned
Frenden pls...

not-like-this.gif

Crucible Playbook has an upvoted post about how using year one weapons is perfectly honorable and good and fair and kind. If they say it's fine, it must be!*

*Sob. Whimper. Sniffle. WHY U DO DIS--WHY NO POWER LEVELS?!

I get that they want this to be returning player friendly by not having power levels enabled, but I think it has equal chance to do the opposite by allowing sweaty Crucible Playbook type folks to equip their most OP year one gear and obliterate the field.

Crucible Playbook has an upvoted post about how using year one weapons is perfectly honorable and good and fair and kind. If they say it's fine, it must be!*

*Sob. Whimper. Sniffle. WHY U DO DIS--WHY NO POWER LEVELS?!

I get that they want this to be returning player friendly by not having power levels enabled, but I think it has equal chance to do the opposite by allowing sweaty Crucible Playbook type folks to equip their most OP year one gear and obliterate the field.

You're better than them. You're from DGAF.

LOL I'm going full troll (aka Thorn user) for CD as well. Its only right!

Time to dust off this unleveled Matador 64 as well that I've been saving for a special occasion.

ybrvYEn.png

Full Auto+Reinforced Barrel+LitC

Frenden

Banned
I haven't used Thorn except for one or two games where Ape and I were screwing around. Using y1 guns just feels gross. But Crimson Doubles needs to be ruined by Thorn. Bungie must know their folly.

I'm gonna take down the system from the inside SLC Punk style.

And so there I was. I was gonna go to Doubles. It was obvious. I was gonna be a Ramlock and play in the God-damned system, and that was that. I was my old man. He knew, so what else could I do? I mean, there's no future in Y2 gun puritism; I mean let's face it. But when I was into it, there was never a thought of the future. I mean we were certain the world was gonna end, but when it didn't, I had to do something, so fuck it. I could always use Thorn in Doubles and piss the shit out of the kindergaurdians. I mean that was me: a trouble maker of the future. The guy that was one of those guys that the Traveler so arrogantly saved the world for, so we could fuck it up. We can do a hell of a lot more damage in the system than outside of it. That was the final irony, I think. That, and well, this. And "fuck you" for all of you who were thinking it: I guess when all was said and done, I was nothing more than a God-damned, trendy-ass poser.

Don't give a fu...?

Well alright lol

To each his own. I get it. Everyone wants to win and Y1 weapons were amazing. Personally, I'd rather play in the muted meta then what we had before with Thorn, Felwinters, etc etc etc

Also, I'm not trying to speak ill of anyone who wants to use them in Crimson Double. It was not my intention to come off condescending. I was just poking fun at Frenden because we're cool like that :)

Frenden

Banned
And, honestly, despite the joking, Y1 guns make me feel so wrong that I probably won't Thorn either. But it's going to be a Thorn-y shit show.

I haven't used Thorn except for one or two games where Ape and I were screwing around. Using y1 guns just feels gross. But Crimson Doubles needs to be ruined by Thorn. Bungie must know their folly.

I'm gonna take down the system from the inside SLC Punk style.

And so there I was. I was gonna go to Doubles. It was obvious. I was gonna be a Ramlock and play in the God-damned system, and that was that. I was my old man. He knew, so what else could I do? I mean, there's no future in Y2 gun puritism; I mean let's face it. But when I was into it, there was never a thought of the future. I mean we were certain the world was gonna end, but when it didn't, I had to do something, so fuck it. I could always use Thorn in Doubles and piss the shit out of the kindergaurdians. I mean that was me: a trouble maker of the future. The guy that was one of those guys that the Traveler so arrogantly saved the world for, so we could fuck it up. We can do a hell of a lot more damage in the system than outside of it. That was the final irony, I think. That, and well, this. And "fuck you" for all of you who were thinking it: I guess when all was said and done, I was nothing more than a God-damned, trendy-ass poser.

That movie was my 90s lol

Deku Tree

I'm gonna run Nechrochasm in CD. I think CD should not have a rank system similar to IB, just like how ToO doesn't have a rank system. Just do your bounties and get rewards, and get after match rewards. I guess we find out tomorrow after the patch.

Completing Gold or Silver bounty should give a guaranteed 320 ghost IMO
yeah right

Tri4

I honestly don't think it'll be as bad as you guys are expecting. I pretty much only do crucible nowadays and yes, there are a couple thorn users but they're not that widespread. MIDA, TLW, 1K and conspiracy theory are still everywhere. Thorn will probably be used more as special ammo gets nerfed but I'm not expecting a thornfest.

I'm gonna run Nechrochasm in CD. I think CD should not have a rank system similar to IB, just like how ToO doesn't have a rank system. Just do your bounties and get rewards, and get after match rewards. I guess we find out tomorrow after the patch.

Completing Gold or Silver bounty should give a guaranteed 320 ghost IMO
yeah right

Yes!!

Ive never used it. But its got to be good now

Right..

Would be nice to finally use the thing

Crimson Doubles is going to be a disaster :d

I've got 6 more treasure keys to get my Her Courtesy, its actually quite enjoyable blitzing through lvl28 PoE's

Frenden

Banned
Crimson Doubles is going to be a disaster :d

I've got 6 more treasure keys to get my Her Courtesy, its actually quite enjoyable blitzing through lvl28 PoE's

I did fifteen PoE 28s the other day to get the last of my rep to hit rank three for the shaders and it was okay. Mindless and harmless.

Queenbreaker's Bow?

Heh. Yeah. That's totally the closest thing to a Bowcaster in Destiny atm.

Top Bottom