• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

LTWood12

had two perfectly rolled HBs when 2.0 hit, but eventually gave them up for vault space. Wish I still had a pink sniper for doubles, but I'll settle for 1KYS, Glass Promontory, and Praedyth's Revenge for that revive double tap.

Frenden

Banned
I have at least one gun of each hand cannon impact class, several scouts, a couple of fusions, a HB, a Radeghast, a Jolder, and a Felwinter that are all Y1 rerollable. Most are god rolls. I spent over 1000 motes on rerolling in HoW.

I assume that, with the gradual dumbing down of the rollable perk sets, those guns will remain the best in their respective archetypes until the slate is wiped clean in Destiny two or whenever.

had two perfectly rolled HBs when 2.0 hit, but eventually gave them up for vault space. Wish I still had a pink sniper for doubles, but I'll settle for 1KYS, Glass Promontory, and Praedyth's Revenge for that revive double tap.

Yup me too. Wish i had kept my matador, hb, ect..

1St stuff i dismantled. Feels bad
Wish rerolling was still available for ib weapons

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
HONK HONK

tumblr_inline_nu6iqlkUmY1qhdech_400.jpg

Frenden

Banned
I just checked--I have about twenty-five rerollable year one weapons in my vault. I don't expect it will, but how funny would it be if that shit carries over for years and years and remains super OP until, like, Destiny 10?

Super Jealous of that last one. Is that first one from 94/95? the Hail Mary that might have actually been a catch AFC game? I was at that one.

Was down in Florida by 2000 so missed all the great years after I left Indy. I did go to the 2009 Colts Saints Super Bowl though.

Yeah, first pic was when Aaron Bailey caught dropped the Hail Mary that would have sent us to the Super Bowl. Where we would have lost by 500 points to the Cowboys.

I think you're confused about the 2009 Super Bowl, the Colts didn't play in that one. I definitely haven't blocked out any painful memories related to that game. Also, Hank Baskett is a reality star who never played for the Colts and I've never heard of Tracy Porter.
I was at that game too ;_;

Ok, I'll stop posting about football now. Maybe.

Frenden

Banned
Yup me too. Wish i had kept my matador, hb, ect..

1St stuff i dismantled. Feels bad
Wish rerolling was still available for ib weapons

I'm glad I kept all that junk. For now--who knows when the vault wipes will happen? I doubt they'll let us keep these guns from major release to major release.

John carried me to my CB Doctrine right there.

When there was one set of footsteps in the sand outside the Burning Shrine, it was John carrying.

You said we should make LT salty, but we may have overdone it! :-|

LOL - LT I only said that in good fun! And because we need to get you a CB Doctrine this week too!

Click the new OP header image for sound, glorious sound!

I played the GIF and sound clip for my GF last night. She said, "What's shock city?"

Have you been enjoying it? Can you tell a big difference?

Yes! It's awesome. I still switch back to my Hawksaw when it gets sweaty tho

Edit: CB might be the best new perk in Destiny.

Frenden

Banned
If you hold on to half complete Trials bounties do they carry over? I've never left them undone before.

Definitely shooting for a Doctrine next week.

If you hold on to half complete Trials bounties do they carry over? I've never left them undone before.

Definitely shooting for a Doctrine next week.

Yes they carry over. Also, some of the bounties don't actually repeat. There are multiple different ones that give the 25 marks and the passage coins. I only know this because I've repeatedly forgotten to turn in my Trials bounties until the next week and it turned out I could still pick up one or two of them.

edit: for the record, I never would have mentioned the "shock city!" incident again if you guys had lost that match. But you all stomped them in the final round and still won which means that it will always be funny. Hooray!

Yes they carry over. Also, some of the bounties don't actually repeat. There are multiple different ones that give the 25 marks and the passage coins. I only know this because I've repeatedly forgotten to turn in my Trials bounties until the next week and it turned out I could still pick up one or two of them.

edit: for the record, I never would have mentioned the "shock city!" incident again if you guys had lost that match. But you all stomped them in the final round and still won which means that it will always be funny. Hooray!

Haha. Even if we had lost I would own it. In all honesty, I was so worried about a possible hazard pay that I never even thought about aftershock. I use the wave on my titan and I made the mistake of assuming he was doing the same too.

I have a quick scope short gaze hidden hand 1kys but I don't like it more than my firefly rifled barrel quest 1kys.

I can just feel the range differences. Anybody else the same way? That extra range is huge for magnetism

I don't think I've seen that before either.

It was one of those strike weapons like the Pilgrim or Dry Rot 32 with incredibly miserable drop rates.

Get hype

It can't get persistence or braced frame, not sure it's worth your time and materials.

Its got more range than the Doctrine so will try for crowd control, Hand laid and Counterbalance. Theres nothing else to do so may as well see

WavyStretch

Neo Member
I have a quick scope short gaze hidden hand 1kys but I don't like it more than my firefly rifled barrel quest 1kys.

I can just feel the range differences. Anybody else the same way? That extra range is huge for magnetism

I had a SLR10/Last Resort/Snapshot/Hotswap 1kys and infused it for the same reason, I could hit disgusting short range quick scopes with it but struggled to drag scope from one side of Frontier bridge to the other, plus I didn't want to move one sniper around constantly. I do wish I had kept it though.

I heard from people that they use a trick:

Put a red hot on the middle of the screen, where heads should be, and it should make things easier for sniping, quick scopes, no scopes and such things. I have to try this myself

Go into a Crucible match, right after you spawn aim with a sniper without doing anything else and put the dot there, I was told that this trick work pretty good

Yeah I'm sure a lot of people do this. I don't mind that kind of ridiculous accuracy so much as the equip speed. It's easy enough to line up a shot before aiming, but you shouldn't be able to shoot that quickly out of sprinting and whatnot. There needs to be a handling nerf like we saw for shotguns.

I don't see them changing anytime soon. Afaik they've never commented negatively (at all?) on sniper AA. Generally they've always said snipers were in a good place, with the exception of Final Round which they patched. Then added Luck in the Chamber. Then had the Gunsmith sell a high impact LitC sniper multiple times at the start of TTK so everyone could get it easily before eventually patching that.

Always possible they'll reconsider but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Yeah I have little hope. Most of my whinging has become rhetorical at this point :(. The weekly update was so disappointing when the said, "getting sniped all the time sucks huh? Well we are leaving snipes exactly how they are but changing special ammo in half the modes." It's a shame that despite having PvP be the only thing supported anymore they have done little to improve balance and enjoyability. I mean cmon the game's been out for a tear and a half and titans are the only class to receive subclass balance tweaks and some weapons like fusion rifles are hardly ever used anymore.

Kyoufu

3 coins, 3 pvp matches. No engrams.

Logged off.

Looked at Destiny Item Manager and saw an exotic chest engram in postmaster.

Logged on.

Go to Cryptarch.

TWILIGHT GARRISON

cEEg3FF.gif

SpecX

I haven't played Destiny since last Thursday or Friday so I'm actually excited for the Crimson update tomorrow. Is it true there's no MM for this mode?

Top Bottom