• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

7 total.

3 Warlock
2 Hunter
2 Titan.

All Armor, no Weapons.

You could argue that the Twilight Garrison and ATS/8 were not originally intended to be released when they were, due to the fact that Warlocks didn't get a new exotic, and both the Twilight Garrison and the ATS/8 had been seen in the wild from random engram decryptions before they were officially released.
There is a Voidlord and Firelord locked away in the game. I'd say they were unused content, but they were both in promotional footage of TTK up to a week before it launched.

I'm also counting more than that. There is a Y2 Lucky Raspberry, Arachnid, new gloves and new boots for hunters.

Five for Titans, and Four(?) for warlocks.

I just got a Red Spectre from a Skirmish match (and sharded it as well). I was trying to finish the crucible weeklies so i'd be ahead tomorrow and was using Nirwens so I was getting wrecked, picked up heavy and got 9 kills game swung and won, so stupid

I don't normally pray but the big fella will be getting one tonight for these to drop tomorrow
77aa743f87be6ef950fe0b04d6ca2f0b.jpg

There is a Voidlord and Firelord locked away in the game. I'd say they were unused content, but they were both in promotional footage of TTK up to a week before it launched.

I'm also counting more than that. There is a Y2 Lucky Raspberry, new gloves and new boots for hunters.

I've never heard anything about the "VoidLord" I remember seeing the FireLord in small clip from the giant Game Informer thing before TTK came out.

LTWood12

DGAF, am I... am I being crimson doubles and chilled?

So a month ago I began talking to a lot of my female friends as me and my now ex-girlfriend had stopped playing together (she let me have a few female friends on my friends list, but didn't like that so many were women, so she told me to stop playing with a lot of them). One of them was a friend from high school who, I'll admit, I found very attractive back then. Well just yesterday (2/07) she asked if I wanted to hang out with her later today. I told her sure, we can have dinner when I get off work (I work during the day). Well, she then suggests if we can chill (yes, she used the world chill) at either my place or hers, I suggested my place as her CoD loving roommate stays with her. She then suggests if I have Destiny. I had to pause for a second, but I let her know I do have Destiny. We agreed to hang out and then she got off the phone to get some rest as she has to be up early for some Street Fighter tournament. So my question is, am I about to get curb stomped in crimson doubles? I'll admit, while I liked her effort back in high school, she was a much less skilled girl back then. She lost a lot of matches plus she did a lot of things that got on my nerves, which is why I never played anything with her. So I'm not too sure if I even want to have play with her. So am I about to be CDaC, or does she honestly want to sit and play a different game type in crucible?

TL;DR: High school friend asked if she could chill at my place and we can play destiny together, actually using the word chill. Is she asking for Crimson Doubles and chill or does she honestly just want to play destiny as I'm not 100% sure I even want to form a fireteam with this woman.

Edit: Sorry if it came off like bragging. I would really like some advice though. This isn't a woman I feel 100% comfortable playing with due to our history and how "lonely" she's been making herself out to be. I don't want her catching any feelings. And while she is a better player than she used to be, she still has a garbage ELO (IMO).

I see what you did there
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1178219

the_id

My friend just finished his Split Shifter Pro montage! It's really cool, check it out?!
This is great. Hope he submits this to the community creations section on bungie.net

So a month ago I began talking to a lot of my female friends as me and my now ex-girlfriend had stopped playing together (she let me have a few female friends on my friends list, but didn't like that so many were women, so she told me to stop playing with a lot of them). One of them was a friend from high school who, I'll admit, I found very attractive back then. Well just yesterday (2/07) she asked if I wanted to hang out with her later today. I told her sure, we can have dinner when I get off work (I work during the day). Well, she then suggests if we can chill (yes, she used the world chill) at either my place or hers, I suggested my place as her CoD loving roommate stays with her. She then suggests if I have Destiny. I had to pause for a second, but I let her know I do have Destiny. We agreed to hang out and then she got off the phone to get some rest as she has to be up early for some Street Fighter tournament. So my question is, am I about to get curb stomped in crimson doubles? I'll admit, while I liked her effort back in high school, she was a much less skilled girl back then. She lost a lot of matches plus she did a lot of things that got on my nerves, which is why I never played anything with her. So I'm not too sure if I even want to have play with her. So am I about to be CDaC, or does she honestly want to sit and play a different game type in crucible?

TL;DR: High school friend asked if she could chill at my place and we can play destiny together, actually using the word chill. Is she asking for Crimson Doubles and chill or does she honestly just want to play destiny as I'm not 100% sure I even want to form a fireteam with this woman.

Edit: Sorry if it came off like bragging. I would really like some advice though. This isn't a woman I feel 100% comfortable playing with due to our history and how "lonely" she's been making herself out to be. I don't want her catching any feelings. And while she is a better player than she used to be, she still has a garbage ELO (IMO).
Destiny and chill...go for it Todd, even better, you could do it with your wild imagination. Destiny and chill.

todd360

Kind of forgot about this post. So to update, she came over, but I didn't go for it. I went as far as playing skirmish, but didn't feel right enough for crimson doubles. We played PvE mostly, and she made things obvious (who hovers the cursor over the crimson doubles playlist for extended periods of time like its no big deal?). However, I just couldn't play it, not with her. Also, she lost whatever skill she gained recently, so I found her unattractive.

After Destiny she tried suggesting playing a different game, but I don't play anything other than Destiny, so I suggested we leave and chill outside. We hung out for a bit and I dropped her off at home (I saw her piece of shit CoD playing roommate from the window). She wants to play again this weekend.

Lnkn52

Pretty convenient I must say.

Played over 30+ rumble games so far. Zero wins. So sweaty, congrats Bungie I think I'm going to give up on my goal of getting 100 rumble wins before The Division drops. Y1 weapons dominate crucibles, every match is still sweaty or laggy (HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE).

Firewatch comes out tomorrow, something nice to play and chill on.

the_id

Kind of forgot about this post. So to update, she came over, but I didn't go for it. I went as far as playing skirmish, but didn't feel right enough for crimson doubles. We played PvE mostly, and she made things obvious (who hovers the cursor over the crimson doubles playlist for extended periods of time like its no big deal?). However, I just couldn't play it, not with her. Also, she lost whatever skill she gained recently, so I found her unattractive.

After Destiny she tried suggesting playing a different game, but I don't play anything other than Destiny, so I suggested we leave and chill outside. We hung out for a bit and I dropped her off at home (I saw her piece of shit CoD playing roommate from the window). She wants to play again this weekend.
That's it???? This is lame Todd, expected more drama. BTW, how come you guys can see the Crimson Doubles playlist? I can't see it on mine.

Quick question about weekly crucible bounties(just unlocked them this weekend). I turned in the meaning of war quest for all three characters and still have some bounties left over, should I turn these in now or wait till reset? Not sure if they carry over or not after I turn them in like my IB ones did.

Lnkn52

Played over 30+ rumble games so far. Zero wins. So sweaty, congrats Bungie I think I'm going to give up on my goal of getting 100 rumble wins before The Division drops. Y1 weapons dominate crucibles, every match is still sweaty or laggy (HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE).

Firewatch comes out tomorrow, something nice to play and chill on.
Bungie won :(

todd360

That's it???? This is lame Todd, expected more drama. BTW, how come you guys can see the Crimson Doubles playlist? I can't see it on mine.

I was just joking. We ended up playing crimson doubles (read as banged so hard that the ethernet cable popped out from the vibrations in the room, thus disconnecting us from the server). I took her to "Shock City" if you know what I mean.

Edit: Bungie messed up and the event went live when she came over to chill.

Quick question about weekly crucible bounties(just unlocked them this weekend). I turned in the meaning of war quest for all three characters and still have some bounties left over, should I turn these in now or wait till reset? Not sure if they carry over or not after I turn them in like my IB ones did.

Turn them in now, each one will count towards next weeks meaning of war. So you'll always be ahead

Edit Nghtly's streaming Trials http://www.twitch.tv/nghtly

the_id

I was just joking. We ended up playing crimson doubles (read as banged so hard that the ethernet cable popped out from the vibrations in the room, thus disconnecting us from the server). I took her to "Shock City" if you know what I mean.

Edit: Bungie messed up and the event went live when she came over to chill.

latest

The Todd scored

Mindlog

I got an exotic engram last night after a match and a Red Spectre too.
Sharded both. Sorry dude. :(

Could do one on my Titan
Sorry for the quick early death. Never fails. As soon as I get on I got a phone call I had to take :]

Quick fun run. 309 Auto Rifle. I'll be ready for year 2 meta!
Thanks for the help Mr. Corn.

Anyone here wanna go for Mercury? Really need to play this map at least for one run, love it so much for trials.
Edit: doesn't even have to be Mercury, I can play for fun

Raven117

This is absolutely a joke. A great one. But a joke nonetheless.

phen0m24

Sorry for the quick early death. Never fails. As soon as I get on I got a phone call I had to take :]

Quick fun run. 309 Auto Rifle. I'll be ready for year 2 meta!
Thanks for the help Mr. Corn.

Thanks Mindlog! Fun stuff. No worries, man I was all "rush everyone" forgetting about trickle hehehe

:)

Infused those Greaves into some other boots

Also, unrelated

I HAVE RUN OUT OF WEAPON PARTS (gulp)

Melchiah

Finally did my first raid, broke the 300 barrier, and got two exotics, 310 Telesto and 290 The Ram, from it. The Nightfall strike, which was also the first run for me, granted me 310 Suros Regime. I had weaker versions of them all previously, so now I have six Exotic Shards as well. Feels good, man.

HQCJsyhl.jpg

That thread. Soo good

Finally did my first raid, broke the 300 barrier, and got two exotics, 310 Telesto and 290 The Ram, from it. The Nightfall strike, which was also the first run for me, granted me 310 Suros Regime. I had weaker versions of them all previously, so now I have six Exotic Shards as well. Feels good, man.

HQCJsyhl.jpg

Glad to see you enjoying the game and making progress. I hope you get a group to do the old raids with.

Melchiah

Glad to see you enjoying the game and making progress. I hope you get a group to do the old raids with.

We did Crota's End after that. It went really fast with the gear we had, and with two veterans on board. I liked how that raid didn't involve platforming though, which really isn't my favorite thing.

E92 M3

What you did there, I see it.

i2JIn6W.jpg

The consumable boosts Weapon XP? Christ, I hope that isn't just it. How out of touch with their game is Bungie?

There already are telemetries & besides that weapons level up super fast. Meanwhile, I still have armor from weeks ago that needs XP.

And what about armor parts? Can I please buy them? I mean, I've given up asking for Bungie to adjust their drop rates to actually let their game flow, instead of being misers.

Sigh.

(John's Valentine's basket is full of SALTed caramels)

Top Bottom