• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Imma let you finish, but the best people are those that do the Relic Slam & Jumping Puzzle every week, so that I can start the raid at Totems.

M1nEp7h.gif

So whoever you are, God bless you.

I've done the Hard Raid every week since December, but I've never done the Hard Relics or Jumping Puzzle.

LTWood12

Imma let you finish, but the best people are those that do the Relic Slam & Jumping Puzzle every week, so that I can start the raid at Totems.

M1nEp7h.gif

I've done the Hard Raid every week since December, but I've never done the Hard Relics or Jumping Puzzle.

I kind of want to do it.

Deku Tree

M1nEp7h.gif

ji66a and Ruthless and crew hand out the Totems CP each week to many many DGAFFERS, and I believe that they just pass it forward from week to week at reset... and they never do Relic Slam or Jumping Puzzle.

Why would you want to do dunking and jumping parts anyway? 4 useless shards is all you get.

We used to run it for the shards weeks ago thinking they might have some use in hard mode, but they are 100% useless as a loot drop but also 100% guaranteed from every encounter in the raid. Sense it makes none.

I kind of want to do it.

I wouldn't mind running it with players who haven't done it before but apart from that there is not a single reason to run those parts.

Just like conflux part used to get skipped in VoG. Long encounter that offers no reward for your time and effort.

Daemul

Watching ENB's Dark Souls lore vids in anticipation of Dark Souls 3 and damn, I wish Destiny's lore was as deep (and interesting) as the Souls' lore.

I don't pay attention to much about the lore of either... at least Dark Souls lore is in the game with item descriptions etc... and they let you read the descriptions during loading screens instead of watching a ship fly through space... and you don't have to go to a web page to read about the lore.

Yeah, I like what there is of Destiny's lore and the Book of Sorrows was a good read, but I wish there was much more of it and it went deeper into some aspects. Every Thursday on the Destiny Reddit there's a Lore thread, and it always devolves into the exact same discussions every week because there's not really much to talk about.

As a fan of the Elder Scrolls, a series which has some of the most deepest and expansive lore in the entire gaming medium, much of which involves some crazy metaphysics, Destiny's lore comes across as hell basic and bare bones most of the time. I know comparing the two series isn't really fair at all to Destiny, but man I expect much better from Bungie. They can at least try to get the lore to Halo level.

LTWood12

Why would you want to do dunking and jumping parts anyway? 4 useless shards is all you get.

We used to run it for the shards weeks ago thinking they might have some use in hard mode, but they are 100% useless as a loot drop but also 100% guaranteed from every encounter in the raid. Sense it makes none.

I wouldn't mind running it with players who haven't done it before but apart from that there is not a single reason to run those parts.

Just like conflux part used to get skipped in VoG. Long encounter that offers no reward for your time and effort.

I think the dunking is really fun. it's a cool opening thing.

Daemul

Man I'm surprised you guys even have the desire to still run the raid, I gave up on it after the first week of Oryx challenge mode back in early December
KuGsj.gif

LTWood12

Dunking the relics is awesome. I don't care what anyone says. You get to slam dunk things. Maybe I watched too much NBA Inside Stuff with Ahmad Rashad and Summer Sanders (ah Summer Sanders)
sgA8Wrpl.jpg

But seriously slam dunking.

Trakan

I finally got around to using my Zarinaea-D with Counterbalance and Braced Frame. It's pretty good, for an auto rifle.

Daemul

Anyone on XBO need a Valentine? I might actually be up for some doubles play today, if only just to try it out for an hour or two.

SpecX

Anyone planning on doing CM later this evening? This is the last fragment I need on my Titan to reach 50. Also, is there any reward or reason to collect them on my other characters other than to give me something to do?

Anyone planning on doing CM later this evening? This is the last fragment I need on my Titan to reach 50. Also, is there any reward or reason to collect them on my other characters other than to give me something to do?

50 fragment reward is a shader that gets unlocked in the kiosk so there is no reason to get it on alts.

I'm sticking with Y2 weapons. When I outplay people using Y1 stuff the salt will be all the better.

*runs away before he can incur the wrath of DGAF*

Tri4

Not sure why everyone is planning to go full tryhard but I'll be running regular stuff I use in crucible.

How will the matches be set up? Elimination style or skirmish? Hopefully skirmish. Please be skirmish.

WeTeHa

Thanks for the runs Jafku, Tri and Churmom. 6 legendary marks and 10 three of coins. Better than 9 legendary marks, I guess. At least I got 1 primary exotic engram.

I think the dunking is really fun. it's a cool opening thing.

I agree. I also like the ship jumping :O

Anybody want to run golgoroth challenge (and/or a full raid) later today? I haven't done the golgoroth challenge yet, it's the last calcified fragment I'm missing.

Trakan

I'm considering pulling out my Corrective Measure, just because I miss it so very much.

Quillem's is okay, but CM was just amazing.

The key word being "was," unfortunately. CM got nerfed hard with the change to old perks. It holds half as much ammo now and is nowhere near as stable. My favorite part about CM was having heavy ammo until the next heavy ammo drop, lol.

Top Bottom