• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

X-Frame

What up everyone?

I haven't been following Destiny for about a month (maybe more). What are we expecting today in this patch?

Thinking about finally delving into KF after however many months of owning TTK; how long exactly is the raid if it's my first time? I've heard it's longer than VoG, but I figured I'd ask.

Frenden

Banned
The problem* I have with Y1 guns in Crucible is that, far and above, they're better both in base stats and roll combinations than Y2. So, if you're the Y1 dude in a match of Control, you've got an advantage over most folks if you select the right gear.

*Problem isn't really the right word. Mild dislike that invokes a moment of unbelieving exasperation when killed by, sure.

I don't really mind. But there are moments when, combined with a redbar match of doom, getting tagged by Thorn does send my salt levels up a notch or two.

The problem* I have with Y1 guns in Crucible is that, far and above, they're better both in base stats and roll combinations than Y2. So, if you're the Y1 dude in a match of Control, you've got an advantage over most folks if you select the right gear.

*Problem isn't really the right word. Mild dislike that invokes a moment of unbelieving exasperation when killed by, sure.

I don't really mind. But there are moments when, combined with a redbar match of doom, getting tagged by Thorn does send my salt levels up a notch or two.

I'm surprised they just don't ban them to use only in classic PvP modes. It really makes crucible feel disjointed in comparison to IB and Trials.

Axoman

Didn't Bungie say this week they are also debuting that "Freelancer" style playlist?

The freelance playlist is a big miss if there isn't a freelance iron banner.

That's really the main time you don't want a team of individual players matched up against fireteams.

spyder_ur

Also I've never seen Space Jam.

I'm disgusted. You know nothing about dunking then.

That's really the main time you don't want a team of individual players matched up against fireteams.

That's a really good point. I don't really care if I'm just playing a match of daily crucible or something.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Final round still works with snipers? Or did they nerf that too. Time to take out the spear and put it in the line up.

Freelance is going to be a big miss period if nobody actually plays it.

A game/population can only hold so many playlists before they all start to cannibalize each other.

Final round still works with snipers? Or did they nerf that too. Time to take out the spear and put it in the line up.

Final round now only applies to headshots on snipers.

I'm surprised they just don't ban them to use only in classic PvP modes. It really makes crucible feel disjointed in comparison to IB and Trials.
What they should do is make Year two weapons equal or better. Bring back re-rolling or dramatically increase legendary weapon drop rates so the pursuit of god rolls is realistic.

Personally, I use Year Two weapons in the Crucible but I totally understand why someone would stick with their perfectly rolled Party Crasher.

E92 M3

The key word being "was," unfortunately. CM got nerfed hard with the change to old perks. It holds half as much ammo now and is nowhere near as stable. My favorite part about CM was having heavy ammo until the next heavy ammo drop, lol.

Yeah, Bungie nerfed old perks because they determined it lead to weapons being enjoyable lol.

SpecX

Thanks for the runs Jafku, Tri and Churmom. 6 legendary marks and 10 three of coins. Better than 9 legendary marks, I guess. At least I got 1 primary exotic engram.

I agree. I also like the ship jumping :O

Anybody want to run golgoroth challenge (and/or a full raid) later today? I haven't done the golgoroth challenge yet, it's the last calcified fragment I'm missing.

I still enjoy the ship jumping as well, although I've only done it twice unlike some of the pros here that have done it a bazillion times. What time you have in mind for CM? I'm looking to knock it out as well, although it's starting to look like I may have to do OT today.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
On the menu.

Primaries.
Midi
Bad Juju
Last word
Red Death
Thorn
Doctrine
Eyasluna
Hawkmoon
Grasp

Seconaries.
Eirene
Retort
Stare
HB
Efrideet's spear
Conspiracy
Matador
Eye of Sol
LDR

Heavies.
Truth
Unseeing eye
Terminus
Ash factory
Corrective measure
Baron's ambition
Raze
Tomorrow's answer
Horn

WeTeHa

I still enjoy the ship jumping as well, although I've only done it twice unlike some of the pros here that have done it a bazillion times. What time you have in mind for CM? I'm looking to knock it out as well, although it's starting to look like I may have to do OT today.

I can pretty much start anytime within the next 5 or 6 hours.

Lnkn52

at-work-cookie-monster.gif

I'm sticking with Y2 weapons. When I outplay people using Y1 stuff the salt will be all the better.

*runs away before he can incur the wrath of DGAF*

Yeah, I run Y2 all the time, because that's what I use in Trials. No sense getting used to something I can't use when I really need it.

But that said, half of my vault is Year 1 stuff. Why am I keeping it if not to use it? So I'm digging back in.

But I won't go Thorn.

giphy.gif

LTWood12

Yeah, I run Y2 all the time, because that's what I use in Trials. No sense getting used to something I can't use when I really need it.

But that said, half of my vault is Year 1 stuff. Why am I keeping it if not to use it? So I'm digging back in.

But I won't go Thorn.

giphy.gif

Thorn
Actual character's name on The Bold & the Beautiful
Noq054pl.jpg

Top Bottom