• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Tri4

I'm proud of you diet guys. I can't do it--I'm a terrible eater. I wanna eat all the things. One nice thing about putting on lbs on the farm is that my pigs won't judge me. They have no room to talk.

That's Slim Piggins with my wife there. :)
That's a pig? Thought it was some hippo tapir thing.

Axoman

Not sure why they needed to replace shaxx bounties with bounties for Crimson doubles. Why not just add more bounties or use another npc to hand them out?

Probably memory limited, thank the 360 and PS3.

I'm fine with no content between releases, but Quality of Life should be a higher priority. There are so many low hanging fruit, but it's 6 people, so this is all we get.

Bungie is 98% major releases, 2% Live Game. Compared to last year 99% major releases, 1% Live game.

That's the real killer, give me regular quality of life and balance updates and I'm happy.

DOUBLE DATE QUEST 1) Complete 7 matches in Crimson Doubles

DAILY BOUNTIES AVAILABLE TODAY
  1. DAY OF VICTORY - Earn points, completions worth 1, wins worth 5, number required is in a percentage. +75 crucible rep
  2. TWO LIGHTS AS ONE - Get 30 Ability Kills (teammate's count) +75 crucible rep
  3. CRIMSON PRECISION - Get 30 Precision Kills (teammate's count) +75 crucible rep
  4. FINISH THE THOUGHT - Get 30 Assists (teammate's count) +75 crucible rep
  5. MASTER OF ARMS - Get 12 kills with each type of primary (teammate's count) +75 crucible rep

WEEKLY BOUNTY 1) CRIMSON GLORY - Get 25 points, wins are worth 3, completions are worth 1. +200 crucible rep

Video of the Tower & the dances.

Kinda sad how small this is. Only like 4 new dances, 1 playlist, 1 quest and the only unique gear is ghosts.

Would have preferred this effort go into Quality of Life fixes and a more generous loot end game.

Looks like the update messed up some gear in the app. Cause I'll be really mad if my CB/PB/spray and play grasp turned into partial refund/guerilla fighter like it's telling me it has now.

Lnkn52

1. DAY OF VICTORY - Earn points, completions worth 1, wins worth 5, number required is in a percentage. +75 crucible rep
  3. CRIMSON PRECISION - Get 30 Precision Kills (teammate's count) +75 crucible rep
  5. MASTER OF ARMS - Get 12 kills with each type of primary (teammate's count) +75 crucible rep

WEEKLY BOUNTY 1) CRIMSON GLORY - Get 25 points, wins are worth 3, completions are worth 1. +200 crucible rep

Kinda sad how small this is. Only like 4 new dances, 1 playlist, 1 quest and the only unique gear is ghosts.

Would have preferred this effort go into Quality of Life fixes and a more generous loot end game.

Wow, these microtransactions sure are helping this live team.

GhaleonEB

Patch notes are very focused on low-impact refinements, for the most part. So far the promise of larger feature requests from the Live Team / MTX model is unfulfilled, but they probably take longer to build. Hopefully something more substantial arrives by spring.

I am very disappointed that the first event of the year is a 2v2 Crucible activity with no fireteam matchmaking. That last bit is really baffling to me - it will appeal to a subset of a subset of a subset of the population. It's "only" the Valentine's Day event, but Bungie chose to make an event out of it and it's awfully niche. I'm looking forward to some new stuffz in Destiny, be it rewards or activities, so I'll stay on the lookout, and return to puzzling over The Witness.

phen0m24

Patch notes are very focused on low-impact refinements, for the most part. So far the promise of larger feature requests from the Live Team / MTX model is unfulfilled, but they probably take longer to build. Hopefully something more substantial arrives by spring.

I am very disappointed that the first event of the year is a 2v2 Crucible activity with no fireteam matchmaking. That last bit is really baffling to me - it will appeal to a subset of a subset of a subset of the population. It's "only" the Valentine's Day event, but Bungie chose to make an event out of it and it's awfully niche. I'm looking forward to some new stuffz in Destiny, be it rewards or activities, so I'll stay on the lookout, and return to puzzling over The Witness.

I wonder if they were sitting around a conference table thinking their doubles metrics were low, so voila. Hmmm

SpecX

I know I kept telling myself not to get excited and I didn't, but this is still a letdown :(

Top Bottom