• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

They should have made this a best of 3. 2v2 in these humongous maps, Bungie are you testing your game?

They should have gone all in on the Doubles concept.

There should a Doubles Strike playlist, too.

And a doubles Daily Heroic.

Same buff, too. Would be interesting.

Simonnnnn

Two games in, two teams with TLW/Sniper combo, just feels like this is gonna be full of sweaty try hards. Not a good first impression.

Simonnnnn

Also the buff is weird, didn't have any effect for me, a little faster but no more powerful or anything, just kinda makes you a big red target

Lnkn52

I believe the correct terminology is "gathering data".
734899052_13956580111.jpg

I'm not sure if this is really fun. . especially when I'm expecting people to be using Thorn and Y1 weapons that I can't grind for anymore.

The Doubles Strike playlist should have "Star Crossed Lovers" buff and it has Skolas' Tainted Light. But to balance out the extra mechanic, and the lack of a 3rd player, the "curse" gives you lots of damage, recovery, speed, etc.

Gotta stick close with your beau.

You could even call it "Beauty & the Beast", where you take turns being the Beast.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
2 on 2 format gets old quick. Bungie, this is 2016, there are threesomes!

I just realized I got both shaders too. And that NL shadow.

Kadey, you have to rush them when there is one left, the last person will run around and grab special, we got to maintain the special ammos

Not since September.

Spindle, Sleeper, No Time to Explain, Challenge Modes.

Lost to the Light Event & SRL both had PvE Quest lines

You can argue about whatever merits of time gated activites and adding timers to strikes and calling it content, but it's there.

This event:

tumblr_l9qoj2jEhY1qzzud0.gif

Shiv47

Yeah, another super sweaty PvP mode sounds like heaven on earth. Not gonna bother with this shit. About done with the game at this point, honestly.

I can't for the life of me understand why they thought this was a good idea. Not only is 2v2 boring, but I imagine that it can get really cheap and become super frustrating. Not only because of the low player count, but because the only people still around to play this mode are the hardcore fans. And no matchmaking either, making it almost a guarantee that you're probably not going to be playing the average Destiny player, but more dedicated players. It's like trials, but with shit rewards.
I wonder how long it'll take to do the bounties since there's so few chances to get kills.

It's just weird that such an event is basically catered to the "hardcore" fans, yet the "hardcore" fans aren't going to be won over by something this lacking.

So...just play 7 matches and you get the emblem...shaders and ghosts seem to be dropping quickly. Hopefully I can just play tonight and be done.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
What's with the marks every game?

And I noticed for the bounties you have to use all types of primaries so no thorn all the time.

Crimson Double imo. Rift was sorta fun

Crimson Doubles by far.

This...is not fun.

Crimson, by a country mile. There's absolutely no point to it when we already have doubles and trials.

Besides for the grimoire I don't see why you would play this after you get all the drops.

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY DGAF!

I can't wait to see how Trials plays out with the special changes.

Top Bottom