• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Lnkn52

So how's the damage referee?

referee-with-flag.jpg

blamite

So the consensus seems to be that Crimson Doubles is basically Trials - stakes + Thorn?

You basically do the quest, get the shader drops, and then you're done, right?

Ramirez

Pretty much.

I don't understand the special ammo change when inventive and IB are able to be used in this mode. I just feel like Bungie doesn't think about these things before they pull the trigger. It's just so weird Bungie who had a history with competitive FPS games with over look this.

lol, none of Bungie's FPS have been competitively viable out of the box except CE, and that was a fluke going off their future releases.

Sounds like you guys are having lots of fun, it's weird why they even bothered with the special ammo nerf.

The ammo wasn't the problem, it's the weapons. The fact that they gave you the one of the best snipers and shotguns from quests is mind blowing. Why couldn't they be drops from the strike playlist like the hopscotch was, then strikes would be more enjoyable, because you knew you were grinding for something really good, but strikes don't have that anymore and the new strikes at first were fun and interesting, are now frustrating and boring like saber

LTWood12

Given that there's literally zero stakes for this mode, the fact that there's no matchmaking is somewhat of a headscratcher. Hell in IB it matters that you actually WIN and you can matchmake. I'd play w/ friends anyway, but I can understand why someone would be miffed.

Given that there's literally zero stakes for this mode, the fact that there's no matchmaking is somewhat of a headscratcher. Hell in IB it matters that you actually WIN and you can matchmake. I'd play w/ friends anyway, but I can understand why someone would be miffed.

Not to mention that there's no Valentines weapons/the shells have a low drop rate, only 2 shaders, it's a literally nothing event.

THIS GAME IS TRYING TO TELL ME SOMETHING

I GOT NO LAND BEYOND FROM THE WEEKLY VALENTINES BOUNTY

...a 290 no land beyond

wait

Is that out?

Sounds like you guys are having lots of fun, it's weird why they even bothered with the special ammo nerf.

The ammo wasn't the problem, it's the weapons. The fact that they gave you the one of the best snipers and shotguns from quests is mind blowing. Why couldn't they be drops from the strike playlist like the hopscotch was, then strikes would be more enjoyable, because you knew you were grinding for something really good, but strikes don't have that anymore and the new strikes at first were fun and interesting, are now frustrating and boring like saber

I don't get it either. I play a lot of Trials. You learn the sniper lanes and you learn how to not peak and push/pinch hard scoping snipers in order to counter them.

Honestly, this just seems like an experiment they want to do in order to see the stats. This should have been something implemented in a Beta form, NOT just thrown on to the entire community.

SpecX

Whomever at Bungie thought year one weapons would be fun in this "new mode" is a f%£king idiot.

But isn't this what we've all wanted? We cry that PvP was better in Y1 and how we hate the current meta, then they deliver and we cry this sucks?

LTWood12

But isn't this what we've all wanted? We cry that PvP was better in Y1 and how we hate the current meta, then they deliver and we cry this sucks?

eh i'm looking forward to using year one stuff. Just wish they hadn't killed my Felwinter by removing shot package from it.

If they truly want to test out these special ammo changes, they need to double down. They will have to remove the ability to retain all ammo when switching weapons while dead. This will be quite unpopular since it will remove the current strategies to subvert the economy change. However, this will give the desired result. You can still have special ammo on spawn with ice breaker, invective, or sidearms. However, that means you will actually have to use ice breaker, invective, and side arms. I'm fine with that since the former two are exotics and the later is an underused weapon class.

Deku Tree

Whomever at Bungie thought year one weapons would be fun in this "new mode" is a f%£king idiot.

They didn't think that... instead they thought that the event should be easily accessible to anyone who is playing the game. Enabling power levels makes that impossible.

Allowing year one weapons was an unfortunate consequence.

If they truly want to test out these special ammo changes, they need to double down. They will have to remove the ability to retain all ammo when switching weapons while dead. This will be quite unpopular since it will remove the current strategies to subvert the economy change. However, this will give the desired result. You can still have special ammo on spawn with ice breaker, invective, or sidearms. However, that means you will actually have to use ice breaker, invective, and side arms. I'm fine with that since the former two are exotics and the later is an underused weapon class.

This would be an ok change

if they could fucking separate for PvE and PvP

People were crying that the meta was better in y1, but that doesn't mean they wanted the same weapons. Everyone loved the year one meta but hated thorn and they still do. People loved the old meta more because everyone rushing with hand cannons and shotguns was more fun than everyone camping with scouts and snipers. That's why doctrine and last word are currently my favorite weapons, because it lets me play aggressively.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.

The ammo wasn't the problem, it's the weapons. The fact that they gave you the one of the best snipers and shotguns from quests is mind blowing.

I don't agree. Any sniper can one shot you in the head without an extra shield. Any shotgun can one shot you at close range. You don't need either of those weapons to be annoying in PvP. Limiting the ammo makes people play the game without turning it into a snipe fest.

But they could have made other changes. How about no aim assist (or whatever that sticky cross-hair feature is called) for snipers? If people had to truly aim it would be a different game.

SpecX

They didn't think that... instead they thought that the event should be easily accessible to anyone who is playing the game. Enabling power levels makes that impossible.

Allowing year one weapons was an unfortunate consequence.

I know the bounties are locked, but is the PvP mode locked out for those who don't have TTK? This might have been their thinking if that's the case to not offset the balance of high LL/lvl 40 players against lvl 34 players.

Just trying to give them some credit?..... :/

Deku Tree

I know the bounties are locked, but is the PvP mode locked out for those who don't have TTK? This might have been their thinking if that's the case to not offset the balance of high LL/lvl 40 players against lvl 34 players.

Just trying to give them some credit?..... :/

If you don't own TTK then you can only play the classic PvP playlists at the bottom of the crucible screen.

I don't agree. Any sniper can one shot you in the head without an extra shield. Any shotgun can one shot you at close range. You don't need either of those weapons to be annoying in PvP. Limiting the ammo makes people play the game without turning it into a snipe fest.

But they could have made other changes. How about no aim assist (or whatever that sticky cross-hair feature is called) for snipers? If people had to truly aim it would be a different game.
I get that, except 1000 yard stare came from a quest with shortgaze and rifled barrel so it has crazy high aim assist and conspiracy theory came from a quest and has rifled barrel and rangefinder so it has crazy range. All I'm saying is you shouldn't be able to get these powerful weapons with great perks from quest that you can finish in 1 or 2 hours.

I just completed the main Crimson bounty and got a fucking Ghost Shell at 299 and a emote from the fall.

Wow.

Edit: This will be my last game Kadey.

DGAF VS DGAF

Top Bottom