• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

The Bungie Bounty is now live. Find these two gentleman on PS4. Join us live at http://twitch.tv/bungie
CazFl6CW0AE0mcD.jpg:large

Deej has the eyes of somebody who is dead inside

It's good to see that the shaders are dropping fairly frequently. That's really all I want from the mode, so if I can get those quickly and be done. Happy Valentines indeed.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
This would be a lot more enjoyable without the special ammo trick. That's literally what all the teams are doing.

So basically every bounty could give you a random probably garbage legendary you won't need. Wonder what white bounty gives.

This would be a lot more enjoyable without the special ammo trick. That's literally what all the teams are doing.

So basically every bounty could give you a random probably garbage legendary you won't need. Wonder what white bounty gives.

Somebody got a Fall 2015 emote from it.

GhaleonEB

They should have gone all in on the Doubles concept.

There should a Doubles Strike playlist, too.

And a doubles Daily Heroic.

Same buff, too. Would be interesting.

A doubles strike playlist (with matchmaking!) would be great, especially with the buff. Oh man. Now I'm double sad about this event. :(

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
tower makes me want to throw up

ugh

Shaders look eh....this event lol

Kinda sad how small this is. Only like 4 new dances, 1 playlist, 1 quest and the only unique gear is ghosts.

Would have preferred this effort go into Quality of Life fixes and a more generous loot end game.

Okay shaders look bad so I don't care whether I get them or not.

Welcome to Thorn Doubles, Guardians.

This is bad.

Got the valentine shader. :) It's still ugly.

I'm not having fun at all.

Likewise...2v2 sweaties was not what I wanted from a fun event.

This is awful

Crimson Double imo. Rift was sorta fun

Crimson Doubles by far.

This...is not fun.

Thank god for Street Fighter V coming out next week.

Emblem got.

Terrible event.

Simply terrible.

I enjoyed SRL in its first hour more than this.

KHDC3o2.gif

Can someone more intelligent than me explain the reasoning behind the special ammo nerf when Ice Breaker and Invective exist?

Also the connections were absolutely garbage, Congrats Bungie you finally killed the game

This feels like a less enjoyable trials, all around.

We played 6 games I think. I got a shader.

I definitely feel like I'm playing out of obligation, and less out of fun...

Number45

Anyone around able to share a Golgoroth check point (or failing that, totems)?

Sorry, keep missing when everyone offers. >_<

Not a fan of the Special Ammo change at all. At least not in Crimson Doubles, though I'm sure the sentiment would carry over to trials/elimination.

It seems like it just makes it easier to steam roll. Whoever wins the first round, likely get special, and thus has a much easier time winning the 2nd round. Repeat until 5-0.

Heavy round can still break the momentum, but it just doesn't feel fair. The way Crimson doubles works, you're likely finishing up the round the first time special spawns, which means you either need to play super defensively until your ammo crate spawns, or hope you get the win.

So am I understanding this right?

Icebreaker, Invective, and Sidearms and just making this change to Special Ammo spawns worthless?

Did Bungie really plan this out? Or is this another situation of one department not talking to another.

Icebreaker, Invective, and Sidearms and just making this change to Special Ammo spawns worthless?

Did Bungie really plan this out? Or is this another situation of one department not talking to another.

It's 1 guy trying to figure everything by himself.

But don't worry, Bungie planned it all along @+@

LTWood12

Not a fan of the Special Ammo change at all. At least not in Crimson Doubles, though I'm sure the sentiment would carry over to trials/elimination.

It seems like it just makes it easier to steam roll. Whoever wins the first round, likely get special, and thus has a much easier time winning the 2nd round. Repeat until 5-0.

Heavy round can still break the momentum, but it just doesn't feel fair. The way Crimson doubles works, you're likely finishing up the round the first time special spawns, which means you either need to play super defensively until your ammo crate spawns, or hope you get the win.

Was my immediate thought when they previewed the patch. Granted, if you're a top tier player you probably like it. But for someone like me who scrapes by it just makes it that much tougher.

Jafku

Essentially yes. I just wait for my icebreaker to fill up then go to town

Pretty much.

I don't understand the special ammo change when inventive and IB are able to be used in this mode. I just feel like Bungie doesn't think about these things before they pull the trigger. It's just so weird Bungie who had a history with competitive FPS games with over look this.

SpecX

over 10k at times.

Usually a new event is above 15k

dad....

Pretty much.

I don't understand the special ammo change when inventive and IB are able to be used in this mode. I just feel like Bungie doesn't think about these things before they pull the trigger. It's just so weird Bungie who had a history with competitive FPS games with over look this.

When you don't have proper resources, the obvious things can be overlooked.

Was my immediate thought when they previewed the patch. Granted, if you're a top tier player you probably like it. But for someone like me who scrapes by it just makes it that much tougher.

It just doesn't feel very fair, is all.

It sucks trying to compete against two snipers with your primaries. Especially when most ammo crates are in sniper lanes.

Top Bottom