• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

WipedOut

I've been suiciding afk for the last hour and a half. Played 23 matches (+10 legit games).

So in 33 games I have not seen a singe ghost drop for me or my partner. Wow Bungie. Thank you for making the drops worth it.

Really what they should have done was make the bounties lead to a guaranteed Ghost. I have all the bounties done except for 10 more HC kills.
Wow, so I literally hit the jackpot.

Frenden

Banned
The new meta, WYL got two Sum of All Tears in a row with this loadout.

He's literally pub stomping people because of SBMM and his new account.

I'm watching his stream too. It's ridiculous. My main account hasn't seen an opponent in a match as mindless since before Crota's End/DLC1.

I created an alt account during HoW and got a Mark of the Unbroken and a Phantom before I even unlocked my jump. With a white pulse rifle. So SBMM has been a factor for at least that long. But it feels like it's gotten so much worse.

I think I want SBMM completely gone. Just gone. If I want SBMM-esque matches, I'll play Trials or another similar playlist that they can come up with. Ranked, whatever.

The fact that CD is so sweaty when it's ostensibly about dragging your SO into matches to get a feel for the game and have some fun is ridic.

If you do the whole suicide thing, I think you may have a problem. Because it becomes a point where you're playing for the satisfaction of getting rewards rather than because of the fun gameplay.

This is sorta why people on the gaming side think we have addiction problems lol

Getting loot is part of the fun in games like this. It's something that Bungie had a problem with, since they are so damn tight-fisted with giving out good loot. Low drop rates and RNG on RNG making a good percentage of what you do get useless for anything more than infusion fodder just make the loot aspect of the game more frustrating. So people take advantage. If loot drops were satisfying, you wouldn't see nearly as much of this sort thing as you do now. Bungie just doesn't get it.

Lnkn52

What year is it?

5777mKC.jpg

I'm watching his stream too. It's ridiculous. My main account hasn't seen an opponent in a match as mindless since before Crota's End/DLC1.

I created an alt account during HoW and got a Mark of the Unbroken and a Phantom before I even unlocked my jump. With a white pulse rifle. So SBMM has been a factor for at least that long. But it feels like it's gotten so much worse.

I think I want SBMM completely gone. Just gone. If I want SBMM-esque matches, I'll play Trials or another similar playlist that they can come up with. Ranked, whatever.

The fact that CD is so sweaty when it's ostensibly about dragging your SO into matches to get a feel for the game and have some fun is ridic.

He just got Sum of all Tears (score more than the other 5 players combined from what chat said) again lol

A loot cave event would have been better.

This actually makes me realize how little Bungie has learned.

Players will always take the path of least resistance. ALWAYS.

If you give them an opportunity to abuse the rate of rewards they get in the game, they will take it and violate it.

Both Crimson Doubles rewards and Special Ammo is the perfect example of this.

It's interesting to me that he said this is what it was like to play Destiny before. These are the caliber of players. So sweaty matches aren't fun it's only fun to pub stomp?

If this is a new account, he has no "Trueskill" value according to the Destiny Database. Thus, all his matches are going to strongly favor CBMM, because he has no SBMM variable to compare with. So he's probably getting games that have solid connections.

Though, I admit, that's probably not what he's talking about. He's probably just a tool who is making it harder for those of us trying to make a real point about CBMM v SBMM.

Mindlog

WYL is the hero we deserve

Rumbledore
‏@WishYaLuckk
@Bungie remove SBMM or i'm making smurf's everyday and making people quit destiny. Your call.

Lol

Literally every streamer is calling them out on all this bullshit, apart from Goth
I feel like I am missing a key piece of information.
Is he threatening to continue pub stomping on alts unless he's allowed to pub stomp on his main?
That sounds pretty funny to me.

Destiny needs ladders.

Lnkn52

It's interesting to me that he said this is what it was like to play Destiny before. These are the caliber of players. So sweaty matches aren't fun it's only fun to pub stomp?

Triple's argument that Ranked (SBMM) should be a playlist where you have the choice whether you want to play competitive or not.

It shouldn't be every playlist. He (WYL) shares the same views.

Is he threatening to continue pub stomping on alts unless he's allowed to pub stomp on his main?
That sounds pretty funny to me.

Destiny needs ladders.

Yea it's very weird to me too. I know they enjoy bringing people that aren't as good and helping them. But to be able to just pub stomp all day, I don't see how that can be fun. Sure, every once and a while if you want to have that kind of fun I guess for "unranked". But yea, that's why there needs to be ladders/ranked of some sort.

cakely

What's amazing here is that people would probably be happier overall if no new content had been announced or released.

You f'd up, Bungie.

Frenden

Banned

Yea it's very weird to me too. I know they enjoy bringing people that aren't as good and helping them. But to be able to just pub stomp all day, I don't see how that can be fun. Sure, every once and a while if you want to have that kind of fun I guess for "unranked". But yea, that's why there needs to be ladders/ranked of some sort.

If everyone is in a random pool together with CBMM, the games won't be as lopsided as they are on his stream now either. He's playing against people of low skill specifically because Bungie has pooled them together.

We don't want pub stomping, but we don't want sweaty matches every time you play a game either. We want a naturally diverse pool of varying skill representative of a "normal" pvp experience.

Navy Bean

loot cave event would be awesome. Increased drop rates for a weekend and increased enemy spawns at the cave. Could load up on all weapon parts and armor parts and maybe get some decent guns out of it.

It may be nostalgia but I think people would flock to a loot cave event... And the bounties could be fun as well - kill 250 hive in an hour without dying lol.

Navy Bean

I don't think it's about pub-stomping per se...it's just about messing around and playing for fun instead of sweating every match...

Mindlog

If everyone is in a random pool together with CBMM, the games won't be as lopsided as they are on his stream now either. He's playing against people of low skill specifically because Bungie has pooled them together.

We don't want pub stomping, but we don't want sweaty matches every time you play a game either. We want a naturally diverse pool of varying skill representative of a "normal" pvp experience.
Really sounds like a euphemism for pub stomping.

Bungie should just do SBMM ladders and CBMM something else. I'd be interested to see how much viewership holds up once this alt 'fad' loses its charm and other streamers are out there playing competitive matches.
Not sure if Inferno is what should define Destiny's competitive side. It kind of sucks and sweaties never use it.
There should just be a modifier on every playlist. Just like difficulties on missions.

Frenden

Banned

It's really not. You seem intent on defending SBMM despite almost all the primarily PvP players on the board hating it. Even CoD has CBMM. Most FPSes do. This isn't some weird thing we're asking for.

His current stream is NOT indicative of a "normal" PvP experience. It's the inverse of the overly sweaty SBMM many of us are experiencing. He's playing against people of low skill specifically because Bungie has pooled them together.

CBMM should always trump SBMM. Yeah competition is nice, but when there's frequent lag in the majority of matches, it doesn't matter how good you are.

Which is why they should revert and focus on making CBMM work, and then have a SBMM playlist for those that don't mind the laggy connections.

At least then we'd be able to do the Shax bounties without having to play doubles.

So, which event was better then?

Crimson Doubles or The Rising Light (non-event) Event?

Note that Rising Light gave every player a Emblem, 10 Motes, and 10 strange coins, just for logging in.

Bungie should just do SBMM ladders and CBMM something else. I'd be interested to see how much viewership holds up once this alt 'fad' loses its charm and other streamers are out there playing competitive matches.

Not sure if Inferno is what should define Destiny's competitive side. It kind of sucks and sweaties never use it.
There should just be a modifier on every playlist. Just like difficulties on missions.

No one ever uses it because it isn't a permanent playlist. You can't really plan around playing a match on a gametype that shows up once every 6 weeks.

Edit: whoops, said 6 months on accident.

cakely

At least then we'd be able to do the Shax bounties without having to play doubles.

Yeah, I know most people don't do the shaxx weeklies, but logging in and noticing they were replaced by pink bounties was just an extra kick in the balls.

On a good note, at least this let me clear two weekly bounties that required an elimination win.

LTWood12

I don't understand the point wish you luck is making by using shitty gear and still beating people.

edit: creating dummy accounts to play casual pvp until sbmm deems him a sweaty player. rinse repeat? Is that it?

flkraven

So, which event was better then?

Crimson Doubles or The Rising Light (non-event) Event?

Note that Rising Light gave every player a Emblem, 10 Motes, and 10 strange coins, just for logging in.

What's funny is I was a big Festival of the Lost hater, yet it was 10 times better than this crap. They introduced something new with masks, actually had a few quests that were unique (and funny), and overall it had a bit of character. The big problem was that the rewards for completion were garbage.

Now they are rewarding some gear and shaders, but the event itself is garbage. What the hell man.

Lnkn52

I don't understand the point wish you luck is making by using shitty gear and still beating people.

edit: creating dummy accounts to play casual pvp until sbmm deems him a sweaty player. rinse repeat? Is that it?

If he wants to plays a system close to the old CBMM, creating a new clean account, is the only way.

What's funny is I was a big Festival of the Lost hater, yet it was 10 times better than this crap. They introduced something new with masks, actually had a few quests that were unique (and funny), and overall it had a bit of character. The big problem was that the rewards for completion were garbage.

Now they are rewarding some gear and shaders, but the event itself is garbage. What the hell man.

The more I think about it, the more I think Crimson Doubles was only supposed to be a single day (Valentine's day), but the way Destiny works, that couldn't be done. So they just had to plop it down onto a full week, and go from there.

Nothing about it requires a full week of play. The entire event could be done in 2-3 hours.

Deku Tree

Bungie didn't patch mercy farming in Rift IB, but that only started over the weekend and the event was ending on Tuesday an hour before reset.... I wonder if they'll do a quick patch for Suicide Crimson Days farming.

The more I think about it, the more I think Crimson Doubles was only supposed to be a single day (Valentine's day), but the way Destiny works, that couldn't be done. So they just had to plop it down onto a full week, and go from there.

Nothing about it requires a full week of play. The entire event could be done in 2-3 hours.
Except the drops...six hours legit yesterday, nearing four hours of semi afk crimson suiciding, and still no ghosts for myself or my partners.

If the drop rates weren't so bad, I'd think you were on to something.

Bungie didn't patch mercy farming in Rift IB, but that only started over the weekend and the event was ending on Tuesday an hour before reset.... I wonder if they'll do a quick patch for Suicide Crimson Days farming.

Not a chance. The reward table is too small to be a threat to the economy.

It'll be a black mark for sure, but they'll just learn from it for next year.*

*Jesus, I fucking hope they learn from it.

Except the drops...six hours legit yesterday, nearing four hours of semi afk crimson suiciding, and still no ghosts for myself or my partners.

If the drop rates weren't so bad, I'd think you were on to something.

Meh, that could have been adjusted after they knew it had to be stretched through a week.

Ghosts probably had a 35% drop rate before, and now it has a 3.5%.

Trakan

Other than the fact Bungie said it was going to be an event the size of Festival of the Lost.

spyder_ur

If this is a new account, he has no "Trueskill" value according to the Destiny Database. Thus, all his matches are going to strongly favor CBMM, because he has no SBMM variable to compare with. So he's probably getting games that have solid connections.

Though, I admit, that's probably not what he's talking about. He's probably just a tool who is making it harder for those of us trying to make a real point about CBMM v SBMM.

From what I've seen that describes him pretty accurate. He's a tool.

I'm not sure why he gets promoted so much here and elsewhere. Man, he is ALWAYS streaming though.

Namikaze1

Just wanted to stop by and say hello. Last 18+ hours have been rough. Kept wishing for some time that the past 18+ hours have all been a dream and that I would wake up soon to find things normal. Rather not talk any more on this. If you see me playing Destiny, feel free to hop into the fireteam. Not gonna be at my best for a long while.

Just wanted to stop by and say hello. Last 18+ hours have been rough. Kept wishing for some time that the past 18+ hours have all been a dream and that I would wake up soon to find things normal. Rather not talk any more on this. If you see me playing Destiny, feel free to hop into the fireteam. Not gonna be at my best for a long while.

Wow man hope everything is ok.

Top Bottom