• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

inthrall

For sure man. Titanfall always seemed like something I'd like plus I have an X1 now, but from what I've heard the player population is so thin that it's hard to jump into nowadays.

I have it on PC, odds are you can pick it up for dirt cheap (it was literally given away for free at one point) so getting a squad together for that could be fun sometime.

I hear "I Ram Banana" is back on, is it back to control/clash or are we in the Rift master race days again?

Geez, how small did the Destiny population get. Wish we could get some number on the player population.

Bungie probably learned a lesson from how bad Halo 4 looked with it's #s visible:

188295.png

(It was even worse in comparison to other Halo games.
Halo 4 was so bad it made me buy a PS4 instead of an XB1.
)

darthbob

I can join in about 15-20 minutes.
Edit: wow, that Halo 4 population pretty much tanked in comparison to the others. Man, I miss Halo multiplayer.
Thanks dude. I have a mic but I've also been sick for a while so I probably won't use it. I think we can manage tho :p

Deku Tree

Earlier I joined Cosmos while he was doing a Division Challenge mode mission. Turned out there were a dozen players doing this mission that is supposed to be four player. Made me wonder what Vault of Glass would be like if 12 players could glitch into the raid.

ocean

Banned
If NF had matchmaking I'd probably skip IB and spend the week farming a Fakebringer. Small Arms + Arc must be pretty satisfying with Zhalo

Earlier I joined Cosmos while he was doing a Division Challenge mode mission. Turned out there were a dozen players doing this mission that is supposed to be four player. Made me wonder what Vault of Glass would be like if 12 players could glitch into the raid.

When that glitch happens the challenge missions are so much more fun and seem better tuned lol.

ocean

Banned
Some streamer ran it over a thousand times when it was the NF last time and didn't get it.
Slayerage shaming the absurd Y2 design decisions pertaining to loot system. I remember it.

I've never farmed for a specific gun in this game, mainly because I kinda dislike PvE unless it's a raid with a fun group. But FB deserves a try at least :p

LOL, holy shit. Count me out if the lag is this bad, it was never this bad.

I mean... I haven't played it today but let's not undersell how comically tragic the lag has basically always been in IB. The Iron Lagger nickname is well earned. Frankly I'm afraid to even imagine what the next level down would even look like.... Destiny as a horror game.

I finally hit Lv30 today and tried out the two Hard Daily missions. Got matched with all skilled players and steam-rolled right through. Decided to push my luck using MM for the Challenge mission, and.... yeah. Even with nobody using mics, we made it pretty far but as soon as we wiped once people started dropping. It wouldn't let me open the fire team to allow new players to be match made in, so the whole operation derailed.

Just one man's single experience but not exactly a pleasant one. I probably need to grind up better gear since I was getting destroyed but it was discouraging all the same.

I finally hit Lv30 today and tried out the two Hard Daily missions. Got matched with all skilled players and steam-rolled right through. Decided to push my luck using MM for the Challenge mission, and.... yeah. Even with nobody using mics, we made it pretty far but as soon as we wiped once people started dropping. It wouldn't let me open the fire team to allow new players to be match made in, so the whole operation derailed.

Just one man's single experience but not exactly a pleasant one. I probably need to grind up better gear since I was getting destroyed but it was discouraging all the same.

Today's challenge mission is exceptionally difficult too since it has the timed section. The shotgunners are also incredibly annoying. Overall I think the challenge missions would be better off with the enemies not being 2 levels above you.

Anyways... Destiny: I'll be on for some lagger shenanigans in a few hours and I'll report on the lag lol.

Dez_

Watching a super-wielding warlock completely shrug off your shadow shot is a fantastic way to raise one's blood pressure.

I mean... I haven't played it today but let's not undersell how comically tragic the lag has basically always been in IB. The Iron Lagger nickname is well earned. Frankly I'm afraid to even imagine what the next level down would even look like.... Destiny as a horror game.

Yea it typically hasn't gone well for me with the challenge daily. Today was Power Plant it sounds like, which is a really bad one if the team isn't geared correctly, mainly because of the countdown portion.

I stay away from that and Russian Consolate challenge via matchmaking. The Lexington and Lincoln Tunnel are better and typically goes ok

Destiny is a horror game and Resident Evil 6 is considered a action game.
What a time to be alive. :p

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Every time we lose a game Id's wife makes him clean the house. So he must've cleaned the house at least 12 times today.

the_id

Every time we lose a game Id's wife makes him clean the house. So he must've cleaned the house at least 12 times today.

She makes me pick up cat shit 3x per day for being scrubby.

We got 3 spots for our IB train with churmom. So sweaty.

Top Bottom