• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

rwmb7.gif

Dthomp

Damn IB was rough today. Started off pretty well, things got rough upon joining Kadeys crew and ended a little better with favorable matchups. Got the armor piece for each of my characters so I can get my titan to Rank 3 tomorrow and grind out some hand cannons

Thanks for the games gaf

Jinjo

Reveal steam is 8 hours and 20 minutes from now?

Updated Gjallarhorn hype!

Let's get this train of overexpectations going again!

ocean

Banned
Holy shit. Now I feel like a scrub haha.
HoW PvP = golden age.

Ridiculous Thorn range? Check.
Ridiculous Felwinter's range? Check.
Ridiculous Arcbolt range? Check.
122 Arcbolt damage (so a Thorn shot would be enough to kill afterwards)? Check.
Untouched shotgun readiness off sprint? Check.
Original Blink + QuickDraw? You got it.
Proper hit detection on Arc Blade: yiss

It was a broken mess but it was a joy to play. Most fun the game had ever been, all downhill after that. Been saying it since TTK release; we got a US$40 downgrade.

HoW PvP = golden age.

It was a broken mess but it was a joy to play. Most fun the game had ever been, all downhill after that. Been saying it since TTK release; we got a US$40 downgrade.

Thorns were the only viable counter to snipers

It was a needed sin

And now, snipers run rampant because the Bungie PvP devs completely blow at aiming and needs to turn aim assists x100.

SgtCobra

The gunsmith delivers once again! A god-roll Arminius? Never thought I'd see the day... People should't hesitate and buy the thing ASAP, the weapon has inferior range and stability compared to the DoC but a higher aim assist, also if you're like me and never reached the lighthouse in year 2 then this is the best alternative to the DoC.

He's also selling a REALLY good PDX-45 roll with SPO-28/perfect balance/hidden hand/smallbore.

There's also a Thesan FR4 with hand laid stock and range finder.

Tri4

The gunsmith delivers once again! A god-roll Arminius? Never thought I'd see the day... People should't hesitate and buy the thing ASAP, the weapon has inferior range and stability compared to the DoC but a higher aim assist, also if you're like me and never reached the lighthouse in year 2 then this is the best alternative to the DoC.

He's also selling a REALLY good PDX-45 roll with SPO-28/perfect balance/hidden hand/smallbore.

There's also a Thesan FR4 with hand laid stock and range finder.
After last week's mistake I'm not picking up a PDX 45 until it has counterbalance. I don't know how a near-max stability pulse rifle can have so much horizontal recoil.

But that arminius D is mine, can't wait to use it.

Jinjo

HoW PvP = golden age.

Yeah, even I enjoyed PvP a lot back then and I never was a big PvP'er in Destiny. Beta days and early Y1 was good fun too.

Sometimes balance in multiplayer doesn't necessarily equate to fun. Look at the Pulse Rifle meta days.

inthrall

Yeah, even I enjoyed PvP a lot back then and I never was a big PvP'er in Destiny. Beta days and early Y1 was good fun too.

Sometimes balance in multiplayer doesn't necessarily equate to fun. Look at the Pulse Rifle meta days.

Fun is subjective though, I loved the pulse meta

Namikaze1

Bungie better reveal the year 2 Necrochasm today. If they don't, I'll riot.

Speaking of the stream, gotta ask Ghaleon to update the April Update thread's title. Just mention the second stream or something for today's news.

WeTeHa

Picked up the Arminius roll.

Is the thesan roll good? What am I actually looking for in a fusion rifle? Range? Charge time? Stability?

So I just got a ps4. This game caught my interest but since I know nothing about it some questions:

- Is it worth picking up at this point?
- Do I just buy a base version or will I need to purchase DLC?
- Is the PvP pay/grind to win?
- Can I enjoy this game in the fullest without having irl friends playing this?
- 1080p 30fps stable?

Tri4

So I just got a ps4. This game caught my interest but since I know nothing about it some questions:

- 1080p 30fps stable?
- I'd say yes, worth picking up.
- get the DLC (legendary edition comes with base game with all DLC) or don't get the game at all.
- to do good in PvP you need to be good yourself and have good weapons. Getting good exotics isn't too hard, but yeah you'll need to grind a bit if you want the best of the best. But you will definitely pick up some very good weapons without needing to grind too much, and good roll weapons are handed to you from quests. Also you can't pay for weapons so the game isn't pay to win in the slightest at the moment.
- well I have 0 IRL friends playing right now since they moved on, and I still find it enjoyable. You need to join some sort of community though, like this one here.
- game is very stable and I don't recall ever getting frame rate drops.

Deku Tree

I finally hit Lv30 today and tried out the two Hard Daily missions. Got matched with all skilled players and steam-rolled right through. Decided to push my luck using MM for the Challenge mission, and.... yeah. Even with nobody using mics, we made it pretty far but as soon as we wiped once people started dropping. It wouldn't let me open the fire team to allow new players to be match made in, so the whole operation derailed.

Just one man's single experience but not exactly a pleasant one. I probably need to grind up better gear since I was getting destroyed but it was discouraging all the same.

Division will have a "gear score" in the game when they bring in incursions but for some reason it's not in the game yet. The difficulty of Challenging mode would be much more clear if they included the gear score. Massive really should have put a recommended gear score on the challenging modes.

You should really be 90K DPS/ 60 K health / 10-15K skill power or better to do a Challenging mode. I usually try to do challenging modes with a set group. That's one reason I'm afraid to jump into the PC master race (no friends) vs PS4 where thanks to destiny I have a massive friends list.

When your a fresh level 30 you don't yet have the gear to do a challenging mode. It's best to spend some time in the dark zone until you have full superior (purple) gear before attempting a challenging mode. You can also buy the Pakhan LMG at the Security wing vendor for around 500K credits, as that is a really good started High End weapon for challenging mode.

I think doing a Challenging mode as a fresh 30 with low equipment is like doing a 280 LL nightfall as a 220-240 LL. It get's a lot easier once you have better equipment.

As far as the four challenging missions currently in the game, you also choose a bad day to run the daily challenging mode. IMO in terms of difficulty levels 1-10 (1 being hardest and 10 being easiest)

1) Russian Consulate
3) Warrengate Power Plant
9) Lexington Event Center
9) Lincoln Tunnel

So if you try Lexington or Lincoln you'd probably have a much better experience. I would never try Russian or Warrengate without a set group myself.

I don't know how it works on PC but on PS4 you can open up your fireteam in the group management section to public, and then people will join very quickly via MM when somebody drops. Not sure if that was bugged for you or what was going on.

WeTeHa

- 1080p 30fps stable?

1)Yes, it is. It's a great game with tons of things to do for newcomers. Gameplay is amazing. Story & mission design in the vanilla game is serviceable at best, the taken king is significantly better in that regard. Playing with friends/gaffers in strikes, pvp and especially raids is amazing.
2) Get the Taken King legendary edition and you will have every piece of content the game currently has.
3) So far, there is nothing to buy with microtransactions except cosmetic stuff, nothing that gives you an edge. That said, you can grind for certain weapons with amazing stats that WILL give you an edge. I have an amazing sniper roll and I still suck at sniping, so no amount of grinding or luck can beat skill.
4) Yeah. My real life friends no longer play destiny I very much enjoy playing with the people here.
5) Very stable. I've only had a couple of minor drops (because of excessive explosions caused by a weapon perk called firefly) in way over 500 hours of playtime.

Top Bottom