• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Who says snipers needs an AA nerf?

LinedAntiqueHorse.gif

https://gfycat.com/LinedAntiqueHorse

Followed by the ending of that

https://gfycat.com/SneakyFinishedFallowdeer

#TheJukes

I'm so fucking sick of this whole "Light Level matters" shit.

All it does it creates inconsistencies to the point I can't tell if I've made a mistake, or if I simply need a bigger number.

If they're going to use it as a tool to prevent old weapons from being used, I get that, create a LL threshold to enter IB.

But my shotgun, pulse rifle, and rocket launcher should do the same fucking damage everytime I fire it at a person in PvP.
You know things are rough when you got people saying stuff like this.

Game 4 wasn't any better.

Playing game 5 now. we'll see.

Damn, now I feel bad that we didn't save the Oryx CP. Didn't realize so many people would be looking and that nobody has it. Pretty sure Jigga and Ruthless at least have Totems if they're around at all.

Talking about playing the game, it baffles me that one of the devs actually said 'We want you to go play other games'. Like...I can't think of any developer who's said that. That's just bad business. That's just bad.

The closest I could think of another dev telling players to play another game is........like those loading screens in WoW telling you to go outside every once in a while.

It's baffling. They must have no faith in their own damn game if they tell people to play other games.

Ugh!

Now my PS4 is refusing to sync with my youtube account.

It asks me for my login info, accepts it, then asks me to sign in, as an endless loop.

Ugh!

It asks me for my login info, accepts it, then asks me to sign in, as an endless loop.

That happened to me a while back, it was so annoying. I then accepted comments from YouTube videos by using an alias so it's like I have 2 google accounts, 1 with my main e-mail and 1 for my Alias that I use to comment and upload videos to. I used to just use my email but I was in that endless loop and this seemed to solve it for me.

So, if you have a video and you don't comment on videos yet, you can try that method.

That happened to me a while back, it was so annoying. I then accepted comments from YouTube videos by using an alias so it's like I have 2 google accounts, 1 with my main e-mail and 1 for my Alias that I use to comment and upload videos to. I used to just use my email but I was in that endless loop and this seemed to solve it for me.

So, if you have a video and you don't comment on videos yet, you can try that method.

It's not worth it.

Was just going to be dramatic and show off the results of Game 5.

It was a short 8 second clip that shows me shoulder charging a warlock who took no damage. Followed by me shotgunning said Warlock who took no damage. Then killed me.

Seems the casual audience has zero incentive to play IB since the update is coming soon, thus most of the players are towards the far end of the bell curve (at least for my games). Also, despite having a fiber connection, I'm red/yellow baring like crazy.

As I said, no Iron Banner for me this week. What little entertainment value I thought it might have had seems to have vanished quite rapidly.

Namikaze1

Ugh!

Same here. App has been working fine for me since launch. It was working fine this morning. Wanted to watch some videos about half an hour ago to find I've been logged out and and stuck in that same endless loop.

Frenden

Banned
Oh, Christ. There are some Broman level participants in this thing. iJustine.

Lnkn, watched folks stream it. Going to get Overwatch day one for sure, PS4.

Dez_

I'm so fucking sick of this whole "Light Level matters" shit.

All it does it creates inconsistencies to the point I can't tell if I've made a mistake, or if I simply need a bigger number.

If they're going to use it as a tool to prevent old weapons from being used, I get that, create a LL threshold to enter IB.

But my shotgun, pulse rifle, and rocket launcher should do the same fucking damage everytime I fire it at a person in PvP.

Game 4 wasn't any better.

Playing game 5 now. we'll see.
I still don't completely understand the light system when it comes to these pvp events. Is it more beneficial to have higher light overall, or do the weapon and armor light levels matter more? I can never really tell.

My limited time with IB, I've noticed that it brings out some of the more frustrating play styles.

If I correctly understand the structure of the revamped PoE, basically just 3 boss fights, then I don't think a lack of checkpoints will be too troublesome as it should be pretty quick. I think the score based nature of it now may also make the lack of checkpoints make sense.

I was hoping Doom might hold my MP interest, but the live stream they're doing on YouTube Gaming right now isn't casting it in a flattering light. Looks slow as shit. :(

https://youtu.be/0-kfIrneQWE (Should be the link--on my phone can't check.)

Oof. Looks like an awkward combination of Halo and Quake 3 Arena, but just bad. It's really frustrating how many FPS games have no meaningful vertical movement ability. Tiny jumps into pre-animated mantling sequences doesn't count as verticality. Sure, the walk speed is kinda fast but there's nothing else to it. It reduces a 3D game into 2D movement (x-z plane, the ground) coupled to 2D shooting (x-y plane, the screen).

Projectile vs hitscan weapons give dimensionality to the shooting but it's too limited without interesting movement. It's really hard to find a sweet spot between a typical ground-based FPS and unrestricted space shooter-style games. Destiny does a great job relative to most shooters, but I'd love to see it pushed further. Especially in a PvE setting where you don't have to worry about competitive balance. /armchair game design rambling

Frenden

Banned
Oof. Looks like an awkward combination of Halo and Quake 3 Arena, but just bad. It's really frustrating how many FPS games have no meaningful vertical movement ability. Tiny jumps into pre-animated mantling sequences doesn't count as verticality. Sure, the walk speed is kinda fast but there's nothing else to it. It reduces a 3D game into 2D movement (x-z plane, the ground) coupled to 2D shooting (x-y plane, the screen).

Projectile vs hitscan weapons give dimensionality to the shooting but it's too limited without interesting movement. It's really hard to find a sweet spot between a typical ground-based FPS and unrestricted space shooter-style games. Destiny does a great job relative to most shooters, but I'd love to see it pushed further. Especially in a PvE setting where you don't have to worry about competitive balance. /armchair game design rambling

Amen. I'm still waiting for games to catch up to the freedom of vertical movement Tribes introduced over fifteen years ago.

inthrall

QotY, I always get mad playing CS for this reason. How good are you at aiming 60/120 pixels/units/whatever above the X plane isn't fun, its a duck hunt. Destiny, Halo, Titanfall all give a lot more vertical momentum and are that much better off for it

Lol Tribes was so damn good, the nostalgia hype is real right now. After all, a jetpack is a great compromise between a human and a space ship.

QotY, I always get mad playing CS for this reason. How good are you at aiming 60/120 pixels/units/whatever above the X plane isn't fun, its a duck hunt. Destiny, Halo, Titanfall all give a lot more vertical momentum and are that much better off for it

For sure man. Titanfall always seemed like something I'd like plus I have an X1 now, but from what I've heard the player population is so thin that it's hard to jump into nowadays.

Top Bottom