• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Per the stream, the enemies in the final encounter of the PoE Challenge have a LL of 335.

True story: Rubenov & Wicked had me run shotgun when they carried me to Mercury on this map back at the beginning of the year. Ran Nirwin's Invective.

I'll take y'all's temperature when we start about what subclass I run. Maybe I'll go Sunbreaker, haha.

So this tells me no.

That's not right.

Per the stream the enemies are level 42, which means you need to be LL 321 for them to not be orange to you. When you die, the game will say "Recommended Light 335" just like dying right now during HM Oryx says "Recommended Light 320", but we all know that 311 is perfectly fine for Oryx.

Thus, 321 should be perfectly fine for CoE

Edit: Chances are the enemies are LL 330, thus why 321 is acceptable, and Bungie was actually nice enough to let us over level the encounter a bit.

Gotcha. So kind of like Iron Banner weeklies. Save them to avoid the grind.

I hope the grind might be enjoyable next week, playing crucible to figure out the new weapon balance

Given the changed rewards for crucible it makes sense to me to want to play it next week anyways

WipedOut

Ok, Retro Raid Friday: VoG x1 and Crota x1 5PM eastern. Who's coming with me?

1. Wiped / aka Homeboyd
2. WeTeHa
3. Der_Pate
4. the_id
5. the_id's Friend
6. Pandora

And we full, see ya at 5

That's not right.

Edit: Chances are the enemies are LL 330, thus why 321 is acceptable, and Bungie was actually nice enough to let us over level the encounter a bit.

One of the streams DeeJ tries to say you can be over-leveled but the designer said no, the final encounter enemies are LL335. I'm trying to find the time-stamp now.

Edit: Found it. Confirmed that final round of CoE is LL335 enemies.

Axoman

Yes, but wasn't it determined some time ago that exotic engrams acquired before updates always decrypt to gear from the pre-update loot table?

In other words, predetermined?

If that's still the case, then saving them up won't yield new rewards. I can be totally wrong on this, maybe someone else knows for certain.

Since Taken King, it's been different with Exotic engrams. Previously, saved exotic engrams could decode to new exotics.

Whether that continues, we won't know, but I've been saving all my exotic engrams just in case.

Yes, but wasn't it determined some time ago that exotic engrams acquired before updates always decrypt to gear from the pre-update loot table?

If that's still the case, then saving them up won't yield new rewards. I can be totally wrong on this, maybe someone else knows for certain.

We should be good as the icon is the same and this is an update.

Lnkn52

Hunter and Warlock PS exclusive sets

b24OAY0.png

wQZSTWD.png

Warlock, best looking class once again.

So it was said, but in the last round of exotics coming forward (MIDA etc), people found socked engrams turning into the new-to-year-two exotics.

Since Taken King, it's been different with Exotic engrams. Previously, saved exotic engrams could decode to new exotics.

Whether that continues, we won't know, but I've been saving all my exotic engrams just in case.

Ok, great! I am very happy to be wrong about that then :)

at least I hope I am wrong.

One of the streams DeeJ tries to say you can be over-leveled but the designer said no, the final encounter enemies are LL335. I'm trying to find the time-stamp now.

Edit: Found it. Confirmed that final round of CoE is LL335 enemies.

Good catch, but I'm going to be super anal here and point out that he said "Some of the enemies of the final round"

Most likely majors and/or the boss enemy.

Either way, I still think it'll be doable earlier than most people are saying.

I don't expect anyone to get the Challenge Weapon done, since it requires players to be timely, but I do think players will get Challenge Armor pretty easily.

Also, I feel like we need a good name or title to refer to the Challenge Weapon object and the Challenge Armor objective.

HOLY SHIT! They came back from 0-4

Damn, Krafty was playing with a couple slayers as well (2211 and 1727 elo). Krafty's team was 2164 average vs. the other team with 2367 average. That's some heavy hitting there.

edit: holy shit someone just hit a bong really loudly on Krafty's stream, lol

X-Frame

Very happy that next week's T3 CoO is Kagoor, who is solo-able in like 15 seconds.

It should be very easy to get up to the 335 artifacts then.

Damn, Krafty was playing with a couple slayers as well (2211 and 1727 elo). Krafty's team was 2164 average vs. the other team with 2367 average. That's some heavy hitting there.

edit: holy shit someone just hit a bong really loudly on Krafty's stream, lol

Damn hahaha I heard that. The jokes were funny.

Now there are birds chirping in the backround hahaha. Knowing those 3 really good dudes lost when up 4-0 makes me feel better about the time I lost that a few weeks ago on a scarab farm (Widow's Court).

WeTeHa

Ok, Retro Raid Friday: VoG x1 and Crota x1 5PM eastern. Who's coming with me?

1. Wiped / aka Homeboyd
2. WeTeHa
3. Der_Pate
4. the_id
5. the_id's Friend
6. Pandora

And we full, see ya at 5

We may need an alt for Der_pate if he's still in a trials run.

Errr, forgot about that. So maybe the LL will go from 300 enemies to 320? I can't see them increasing the T3 enemy LL higher than that.

Yeah, seems like a good guess to me. CoO was always meant as a mid-game activity and I don't see that changing even if it'll drop max light gear.

That PS-exclusive quest is CoO related as well, curious what kinda rewards we'll get from that.

Top Bottom