• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Lee

The second thought after I said "these look awesome"! Was sucks for xbox players....

It just keeps adding up. We missed the good Hawkmoon. Will Jade Rabbit and now Zen Meteor even make it to Destiny 2? Will they be competitive then or just throwbacks?

The Playstation blog post doesn't even that asterisk saying these are exclusive for one year before coming to Xbox... hopefully that hasn't changed...

Shiv47

So what practical purpose does the giant shoulder plate serve on the Titan armor? Seems like it would obscure vision on that side, if anything.

It just keeps adding up. We missed the good Hawkmoon. Will Jade Rabbit and now Zen Meteor even make it to Destiny 2? Will they be competitive then or just throwbacks?

The Playstation blog post doesn't even that asterisk saying these are exclusive for one year before coming to Xbox... hopefully that hasn't changed...

Exlusives last for the duration of that destiny year.

Jade Rabbit
Zen Meteor
Camelot armor
PSN exclusive quests

All these things will be available to Xbox players in September when Destiny year 3 starts. Chances are when the expansion drops.

Lee

Exlusives last for the duration of that destiny year.

Jade Rabbit
Zen Meteor
Camelot armor
PSN exclusive quests

All these things will be available to Xbox players in September when Destiny year 3 starts. Chances are when the expansion drops.

Right. That's always been how it works. Usually that's laid out in the fine print, but it wasn't this time around. Maybe Bungie will throw a page up on their site with this stuff and include that.

It could always change if Sony paid for true exclusives, no?

So what practical purpose does the giant shoulder plate serve on the Titan armor? Seems like it would obscure vision on that side, if anything.

It makes me think how superior officers have large identifying marks so they can give commands easier on the battle field.

Sometimes seen in older fantasy stuff as a knight with a flag attached to a staff up above him on a horse or something.

Right. That's always been how it works. Usually that's laid out in the fine print, but it wasn't this time around. Maybe Bungie will throw a page up on their site with this stuff and include that.

It could always change if Sony paid for true exclusives, no?

Pretty sure it was said when TTK came out that the PSN exclusives were Year 2 exclusives.

Either way, we've got no reason to believe things have changed regarding this area. Everything that has even been made exclusive in Destiny has eventually made it's way to everyone.

Shiv47

It makes me think how superior officers have large identifying marks so they can give commands easier on the battle field.

Sometimes seen in older fantasy stuff as a knight with a flag attached to a staff up above him on a horse or something.

Yeah, your comment reminded me of samurai armor that had the clan standard on a short pole attached to the back. I'm trying to picture guardian armor done in a similar fashion, except with a City faction on the flag. Future samurai-flavored armor could be awesome.

Yeah, your comment reminded me of samurai armor that had the clan standard on a short pole attached to the back. I'm trying to picture guardian armor done in a similar fashion, except with a City faction on the flag. Future samurai-flavored armor could be awesome.

Mmmmmm...

Imagine if the Destiny 2017 Trials got a revamp and lost the Egyptian theme and went Feudal Japan.

Samurai Titans
Ninja Hunters
Geisha Warlocks

So based on what we know

What is the most productive thing to do come Tuesday?

productive or advancing?

I'd imagine jumping straight into Challenge of the Elders to get a quick roll on some armor, maybe a weapon will be first on most peoples list.

I know it's what I want to do first.

It's definitely got a strategic use.

Considering that Gif showed in the Prison/Challenge of the Elders, I'm sure it'll see a lot of use there. Many targets, some stationary, and even larger boss targets to deal with at the same time. Actually, it'll probably be really good for a lot of strike bosses. Valus comes to mind instantly.

So based on what we know

What is the most productive thing to do come Tuesday?

Wait until the update (1pm eastern?). Play the new POE, maybe hit the Strike playlist, do Nightfall. Play some crucible to test out the new weapon balances and see if weapons are actually dropping.

Do not do any raiding until the Hotfix to update the loot tables and diffuiculties is pushed out, which is supposedly Wednesday.

Trakan

productive or advancing?

I'd imagine jumping straight into Challenge of the Elders to get a quick roll on some armor, maybe a weapon will be first on most peoples list.

I know it's what I want to do first.

At 320? I read that 15 light is a bigger disadvantage than 2 levels were in the old system.

At 320? I read that 15 light is a bigger disadvantage than 2 levels were in the old system.

Recommend light is 320 for Challenge of the Elders, so I'm assuming things will be orange in there until you hit 321. And since the armor piece is guaranteed after so much time, hopefully it'll put me (probably most of us) over 320LL, so that we can do the weapon challenge as well.

I can't believe the thing I am most excited about now for this update is the PS exclusive armor for my Hunter.

Also that gif they have on that PS blog post of the Zen Meteor is awesome. I love the fire coming off the gun.

FyreWulff

Since everyone in Destiny shoots right handed, when they ready their sight the giant shoulder shield would provide them protection from their blind side

WeTeHa

Well let's try to get a team together for one VoG and one Crota starting about 5 Eastern

Okay I have 1 more who can join. If grave is online I'm sure he wants to run it as well.

VoG+CE HM x1 at 5 pm EST

1. Wiped
2. WeTeHa
3. Der_Pate

Grave (?)

Hunter and Warlock PS exclusive sets

b24OAY0.png

wQZSTWD.png

I hope they bring her back some day. I thought she was one of the more interesting Destiny characters. Lots of weapons named in her memory in this update.

She's coming back.

The Grimoire heavily hints that she isn't dead.

Then on top of that:

Actual spoilers:
Bungie accidentally leaked that she is coming back during that Voices of Destiny stream

Hunter and Warlock PS exclusive sets

IMG]http://i.imgur.com/b24OAY0.png[/IMG]

IMG]http://i.imgur.com/wQZSTWD.png[/IMG]

I feel like the Hunter really needs a popped collar here.

Edit: Wait... does it have one? Or is that a weird hood thing?

She's coming back.

The Grimoire heavily hints that she isn't dead.

Then on top of that:

Actual spoilers:
Bungie accidentally leaked that she is coming back during that Voices of Destiny stream

I feel like the Hunter really needs a popped collar here.

Edit: Wait... does it have one? Or is that a weird hood thing?

Hope you are right! I must have missed that lip of the hand.

Can we hop into challenge of elders at 320, an have success?

I already know LFG on Tuesday will be like looking for 2 others must be 330 or above.

Can we hop into challenge of elders at 320, an have success?

I already know LFG on Tuesday will be like looking for 2 others must be 330 or above.

Per the stream, the enemies in the final encounter of the PoE Challenge have a LL of 335.

I mean...I can probably play with a Striker Titan tonight. Not sure about this Defender nonsense.

Kappa

True story: Rubenov & Wicked had me run shotgun when they carried me to Mercury on this map back at the beginning of the year. Ran Nirwin's Invective.

I'll take y'all's temperature when we start about what subclass I run. Maybe I'll go Sunbreaker, haha.

Lee

I really like everything on the Warlock set except for the Helmet.

Good thing Warlock's helmets are their best exotics!

hmm save weekly shaxx bounty completion until Tuesday or turn it in now

If you save it, and you turn it in on Tuesday, but it doesn't have the new rewards, can you pick it up again? Or does it remove it for the week? I haven't put much time into completing these bounties weekly so I'm not sure.

Getting two next week would be nice, but if it removes it for the next week by turning it in late, I don't think it's worth the risk. Just complete it next week.

WipedOut

Ok, Retro Raid Friday: VoG x1 and Crota x1 5PM eastern. Who's coming with me?

1. Wiped / aka Homeboyd
2. WeTeHa
3. Der_Pate
4. the_id
5. the_id's Friend

the_id

Okay I have 1 more who can join. If grave is online I'm sure he wants to run it as well.

VoG+CE HM x1 at 5 pm EST

1. Wiped
2. WeTeHa
3. Der_Pate

Grave (?)
I can join. can I take a friend?
EDIT: He's new to destiny and has never done a raid

Per the stream, the enemies in the final encounter of the PoE Challenge have a LL of 335.

True story: Rubenov & Wicked had me run shotgun when they carried me to Mercury on this map back at the beginning of the year. Ran Nirwin's Invective.

I'll take y'all's temperature when we start about what subclass I run. Maybe I'll go Sunbreaker, haha.

So this tells me no.

Good thing Warlock's helmets are their best exotics!

If you save it, and you turn it in on Tuesday, but it doesn't have the new rewards, can you pick it up again? Or does it remove it for the week? I haven't put much time into completing these bounties weekly so I'm not sure.

Getting two next week would be nice, but if it removes it for the next week by turning it in late, I don't think it's worth the risk. Just complete it next week.

You can't pick it up the week you turn it in, I'm pretty sure.

Lee

You can't pick it up the week you turn it in, I'm pretty sure.

Gotcha. So kind of like Iron Banner weeklies. Save them to avoid the grind.

I hope the grind might be enjoyable next week, playing crucible to figure out the new weapon balance

Top Bottom