• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I nominate Dtomp for Mercury. He's been putting on work in crucible and no matter how many times he pulls a Neo and Kean, he always gets back up and tries his best. He might be like Val and be emo here and there but he doesn't quit. And despite him not being a killer he's really good with callouts and in our trains he helps me be aware of certain things going on.

Worth buying chest engrams for next week?

Crucible train later on anyone?

Update list in order of replies:

Mercury Virgin:
Light_Knight_Sky
LooneyMD
Shiv47
MutenTurtle

Year 2 Virgin:
FyreWulff
Gammacide
Dr_LawyerCop
Spyder_ur

Hasn't seen Mercury personally:
Grave

Night_Knight and MutenTurtle, what are your PSNs and have y'all been year 1 or 2 or neither?

Add me to the Year 2 virgin list. Monday night would work for me if that helps.

Ill add myself to the list of never mercury(year 1 or year 2). Best in 8 wins with randoms, never tried for a carry before.

Am in Australia though which could make things difficult..

Because I want this weapon. I'm already doomed to never get it.
MeatyYellowKitten.gif

Dez_

How to Obtain: Decrypt Exotic Engrams or Legendary Engrams, or via other sources of Year-Two Exotics

Well, at least it doesn't involve a stupidly frustrating quest that involves a weird-ass hand cannon. Hope I get lucky. For all the time that I've put into this game. I've only had a legendary engram drop an exotic once.

Mindlog

There's no list or anything like that. I'll play with anyone and everyone, the only issue is finding time when schedules align. Also I need another really strong player to help since I definitely can't double carry. Realistically all 3 of us will need to play well and work together in order to go flawless.

There are lots of people looking for help and precious few helpers left so it's never easy to find time. Even when we find time our odds of success haven't been great recently, lol. Basically we'll try super duper hard and hope for the best. If we make it, that's awesome. But if not then hopefully people at least learn some good stuff.

edit: so many first timers, haha. I really wish I was better so we could cross people off the list more easily ;_;
Well, your--and others'--efforts are greatly appreciated. You helped me with Skolas before TTK came out and i've tried to pay it forward whenever i can.

I'm free to do it whenever.

Ggs to Cloud and Pandora. I guess you guys couldn't hear me. Sorry.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Matched with an all red bar team and suddenly after it ends bars are green.

Bungie should implement a KI system where if you are red bar you aren't allowed to play period.

Hey guys, quick question. Will engrams carry over to the april update? I remember when engrams used to be locked to a specific dlc.

Matched with an all red bar team and suddenly after it ends bars are green.

Bungie should implement a KI system where if you are red bar you aren't allowed to play period.
This is one of my favorite features in Rainbow Six Siege...if your ping goes above a reasonable threshold for a period of time, you get kicked, even mid match. A lot less latency related shenanigans for sure.

Got MutenTurtle to Mercury with no mercy used so cross that one out of the list! Beating a ~2000 ELO average final boss at 4-4 too. Feels good man. GGs guys.

Edit: huh that ticklemeelmo guy that we beat twice actually has a 2400 ELO drizz. So we beat 3 2400 ELO guys (final boss+2x elmo)today. Not bad.

Congrats and GGs to MutenTurtle! Probably the first virgin run I've done where we didn't even burn our mercy. It was a quintessential Year 2 Trials experience, steam-rolling the first 3 games before the sweat began. Those last two matches were against seriously top notch teams. Final Boss had a 2400+ elo guy and nearly 2k average elo, but Igor came up absolutely massive to clutch out the last two rounds after we went down 4-3. Those kinda moments are the best of what this game has to offer, so good.

Igor has to crash out (on a high note!) but I can help another run if there are still virgins and other helpers around tonight.

I wonder, are they going to make any changes to Trial is this update?

Random note before I go to bed. The WitchBlade comic is pretty cool.

Got MutenTurtle to Mercury with no mercy used so cross that one out of the list! Beating a ~2000 ELO average final boss at 4-4 too. Feels good man. GGs guys.

Edit: huh that ticklemeelmo guy that we beat twice actually has a 2400 ELO drizz. So we beat 3 2400 ELO guys (final boss+2x elmo)today. Not bad.

Yeah I knew I recognized him somehow. He's either a streamer or knows streamers. Pretty sure I see him in a lot of twitch chats. It was fun to beat him with Ape but then really fun to drop that crispy 16-3 against him in our 7-0 game w/ Muten.

I wonder, are they going to make any changes to Trial is this update?

Random note before I go to bed. The WitchBlade comic is pretty cool.

Changes to the revive mechanics are the only Trials changes I'm aware of now. I'm really glad they're making revives harder but there are tons of other changes that would help the game mode. I absolutely love Trials but it also hasn't changed (besides the terrible MM) since it launched. It could use a little freshening up.

HUGE THANKS Iggor and Drizz for that lighthouse trip! I got a taste of that high skill combat and I learned I still got a lot to learn. Now, I will keep on improving so that one day I can get to the lighthouse on my own. I'm currently a little baffled, amused, and hungry.

Nice work Igor & Drizz!

46c826f50acda20c4f6e6fb011b43de8.gif

I got a few Rumble matches in tonight & shotgunning feels so good now that I use Bumper Jumper. Never approach at standing height! Either be above them or sliddddddddddeeeee.

Really struggling with what yo run in my primary slot. MIDA is the obvious choice, but it's never Clicked me. Same with PDX-45, despite my good rolls. Jade Rabbit is good, but a missed shot is devastating & is hard to avoid when I start taking fire. There may be a few other options, post patch, like Hawkmoon to try.

If I can't go rebel and play Defender, maybe I go rebel and run First Curse!

Congrats and GGs to MutenTurtle! Probably the first virgin run I've done where we didn't even burn our mercy. It was a quintessential Year 2 Trials experience, steam-rolling the first 3 games before the sweat began. Those last two matches were against seriously top notch teams. Final Boss had a 2400+ elo guy and nearly 2k average elo, but Igor came up absolutely massive to clutch out the last two rounds after we went down 4-3. Those kinda moments are the best of what this game has to offer, so good.

Elmo doing a double carry today, if he had his trials partner Lucky, it might have been a different story :p

Nice job getting Turtle to mercury.

Top Bottom